Sass Vixen Madonna disses fans and Lady Gaga

King Baby

Ever since Madonna expressed her loathing of the humble hydrangea, we've been hyper-aware of her pronouncements. Sure, the whole hydrangea thing only happened like 48 hours ago, but it's been a busy two days tracking Madge's every word.

And that vigilance paid off: In a new interview with a French newspaper, Madonna expressed her dismissive disdain for Lady Gaga, who herself has admitted to idolizing Madge.

"As for Lady Gaga," says the 53-year-old icon, "I have no comment to make about her obsessions having to do with me because I don't know whether her behavior is rooted in something deep and meaningful, or superficial."

Ouch.

Madonna's longtime publicist, Liz Rosenberg, was quick to make this statement to E! News in an attempt to smooth over any perceived slight: "I do know that [Madonna] has said many supportive things about Gaga over the years."

"You know, there is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me," Gaga once said. "I am the hugest fan personally and professionally."

Score: Gaga 1, Madonna 0

I'm not a Gaga fan at all, but Madonna comes off as pressed. Especially considering Gaga has praised everything about Madge. Including the very air she breathes. lol

Madonna gets press, her album in 2012 better do da damn thang or else folks will say she's done.

Madonna gets press, her album in 2012 better do da damn thang or else folks will say she's done.

Unlike Britney and others, I think Madonna sees Gaga as a real threat. Alot of people do treat Gaga as if she's taken Madonna's place, or taken over where Madonna left off...I guess Madge is not to pleased with that. :lol:

I'm not a Gaga fan at all, but Madonna comes off as pressed. Especially considering Gaga has praised everything about Madge. Including the very air she breathes. lol

No she doesn't. :mellow: She basically said she can't continue to comment on her because she doesn't know if Gaga's being real or fake.

No she doesn't. :mellow: She basically said she can't continue to comment on her because she doesn't know if Gaga's being real or fake.

The person most known for constantly changing her image and doing things for shock value, but she can't comment because she doesn't know if Gaga is being real or fake with her antics...

She's coming off as pressed.

The person most known for constantly changing her image and doing things for shock value, but she can't comment because she doesn't know if Gaga is being real or fake with her antics...

She's coming off as pressed.

I think you're mixing this situation with the Lil Kim/Nicki Minaj thing. Madonna doesn't seem fazed at all in that comment. Not to mention she's been saying what a lot of folks have been saying/thinking about Gaga...so I guess all those people are "pressed" too. :sigh:

there's two things that won't be happening

Don't.

You know ur in denial right?

How can you say that?

If Madonna's next album flops, which it could well do (ala American Life, Candy), and if Janet's next album is a good success, then it will do alot for Janet. Rememember Janet is a whole 7 years younger than Madonna.

How du know that Janet won't surge whilst Madonna dwindles in to pension age. How do you Janet's success in her current tour won't lead to new arena tours that break Madonna's record. Madonna did the same as Janet's doing now. The drowned World tour was a little tour, just like Number ones is, and that tour lead to the big tours Madonna's on now.

Don't.

You know ur in denial right?

How can you say that?

If Madonna's next album flops, which it could well do (ala American Life, Candy), and if Janet's next album is a good success, then it will do alot for Janet. Rememember Janet is a whole 7 years younger than Madonna.

How du know that Janet won't surge whilst Madonna dwindles in to pension age. How do you Janet's success in her current tour won't lead to new arena tours that break Madonna's record. Madonna did the same as Janet's doing now. The drowned World tour was a little tour, just like Number ones is, and that tour lead to the big tours Madonna's on now.

Madonna has proven to be the better business woman... does her music suck? yes... does she know how to get get fan base together to support her? yes

Janet will never be the queen of pop Madonna still has that touring record among other things over Janet stat wise.... Janet is ALOT more talented and a much better singer and dancer but unfortunately that doesn't translate to album sells or touring records...

Also another reason is Janet age the pop world simply won't allow older women to get so far... if she was a bit younger maybe 37 or 39 she could pull it off and even at that age ur pushing it. Of course I would love for Janet to do the damn thing and find her lane musically again she really should release something soon because I miss her.

The comment was shady and sarcastic. But also honest. Gaga jumps around from one iconic image to the next. One day she's elton john and the next she's bett midler. Tuesday she's adrew dice clay and wednesday she's grace jones. Is she really fans of these people or is she just using their images to further her career. Madonna is keeping it real. But at the end of the day, the situation is rather ironic, since Madonna herself was notorious for swagger jacking in the 80s and 90s. Thats what her and gaga have in common the most.

Madonna has proven to be the better business woman... does her music suck? yes... does she know how to get get fan base together to support her? yes

Janet will never be the queen of pop Madonna still has that touring record among other things over Janet stat wise.... Janet is ALOT more talented and a much better singer and dancer but unfortunately that doesn't translate to album sells or touring records...

Also another reason is Janet age the pop world simply won't allow older women to get so far... if she was a bit younger maybe 37 or 39 she could pull it off and even at that age ur pushing it. Of course I would love for Janet to do the damn thing and find her lane musically again she really should release something soon because I miss her.

And what's to stop Janet from breaking madonnas achievements in the next few years.

Madonnas had double the number of albums, course she's gonna have more album sales, doesn't make her a queen.

Being a queen of pop is also about impact and influence. Janets had more of both in today's popstars.

And what's to stop Janet from breaking madonnas achievements in the next few years.

Madonnas had double the number of albums, course she's gonna have more album sales, doesn't make her a queen.

Being a queen of pop is also about impact and influence. Janets had more of both in today's popstars.

I already said.... her age and business savvy...

You might be right Janet has a direct influence on the younger females but you would never know because Janet... never really acknowledges her legacy... neither does the mainstream public... the black list is still on her... When I see some of these lists for great artists who made an impact and janet is missing that annoys me but it is what it is.. I don't care I just want a new album...

I don't like madonna but she seems a bit more real than gaga at this point... gaga so pressed over the gay movement... and her vma stunt was beyond disrespectful to britney and her fans...

Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Just dont be one of those knobs that only figures it out when it's too late.

U bring up janets age but u think madonna can come back from flop candy at 53?

U mention janets lack of business savvy when she is probably the most consistent entertained on the planet with 20 honest real hrad grafting non flop years, against a woman whose business savvy involves a series of well planned and timed publicity stunts and arrogant comments like the one discussed on this blog.

Whatever.

Not surprised to see the usual suspects doing the most and TwistedMOOSE still sounds like a broken record. Eek.

and :lmao: at anyone that thinks Madonna would blatantly diss someone like that. She's always subtle with her shade so I doubt she said this.

Archived