Adele's 'Someone Like You' Soars To No. 1 On Hot 100

RedSimba

We know it can happen and we hope it will happen. We don't KNOW it will happen. It's called being realistic and a true fan who will support Janet despite what may or may not happen sales wise. Most of us are here because we like Janet and her music, not because we are clinging to sales and industry success.

Janet's in legendary status level.. the level of Patti LaBelle... Aretha Franklin... Diana Ross... etc

that's what the kids don't understand

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course we'll support her either way, but she is building herself up for ALOT of success. It's borderline inevitable. She's getting much better press and promotion before, she's presenting herself very well (like always), plus she's getting alot of attention even with younger girls being there. People see a legend is ready to make another move. People are anxious for it. Forgetting her age, nearly forgetting the incident before, they're ready to embrace her entirely and are, in great respects, are doing just that.

she's already had a lot of success...

she's been getting press for the last 25 years... her press or promotion isn't getting better... idk how you figured that... :blink: Just look at Make Me... and Nothing... both performed at high ratings shows... yet...

Janet's in legendary status level.. the level of Patti LaBelle... Aretha Franklin... Diana Ross... etc

that's what the kids don't understand

She may be at their level (I think above) but she is not at their stage in their careers. Janet is still active in the mainstream music scene. Clearly what some Janet fans on here seem to think is that she's not, which is sad.

Make me and nothing were not official singles. They did not have official impact dates or release dates. We can't use them as examples.

She may be at their level (I think above) but she is not at their stage in their careers. Janet is still active in the mainstream music scene. Clearly what some Janet fans on here seem to think is that she's not, which is sad.

Make me and nothing were not official singles. They did not have official impact dates or release dates. We can't use them as examples.

as to success... sales.. she may be above them.. but just in the eyes of the people.. general public.. non-fans.. Janet is maneuvering into that direction... Janet's is mainstream still.. but not like 86-05...

they don't have to have radio-adds to be singles...

OMG !!! THIS HAS TO BE THE POST OF THE YEAR :lmao:

snatching janets weave

OMG!!!!

If he pulls that again, just know that he won't have a SN to come to, because I will erase his data like he was never here :)

Otherwise, the majority of the comments here are cool and imo, fair :) But let that be a warning to the rest of yall. :blush:

Carry on.

He won't be able to tell you what doesn't belong by the time you finish your song. -_-

:excited:

I'd take that nail file and shove it up your ass, but something tells me you'd enjoy it :filenails:

If he pulls that again, just know that he won't have a SN to come to, because I will erase his data like he was never here :)

*coughs*HIT THAT NIGG!*coughs*

I'd take that nail file and shove it up your ass, but something tells me you'd enjoy it :filenails:

:shifty:

OMG!!!!

Otherwise, the majority of the comments here are cool and imo, fair :) But let that be a warning to the rest of yall. :blush:

Carry on.

I'm sorry Angie, no disrespect, but what exactly did I pull? :umm:

I was replying to Twisted's comment about Janet being "too good" for that track with Pitbull, which she clearly was/is not, given the fact that she gave her time to record it, and which you also rhetorically asked yourself.

All I'm pushing further is the fact that Janet hasn't been "picky" with her music or hasn't seemed to care as much since All for You. 20 Y.O. is a half mess. Discipline was basically given to her. There's a clear difference in choice of material from Control-All for You/Damita Jo (which is also arguable) to 20 Y.O. (her hoodrat album) and Discipline.

The point is, Heartbeat Love is in the same vein as 20 Y.O. and Discipline. So to say Janet is "too good" for that track is bullshit. :umm:

Janet should just stick with this management team she has now, since they've been on point for everything she's been doing. The only flaw right now is Gil, and I'm not looking forward to seeing any new routines if he's the one in charge of them.

i3yjdh.gif

And Babs, u got dragged! BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Archived