Adele's 'Someone Like You' Soars To No. 1 On Hot 100

RedSimba

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't even bother..some of these people have no faith and just keep complaining about shit that has been beaten to death for years now. She's not gonna sell like she used too, and some fans need to wake up and accept this. Her most hardcore fans will still support her and there are only a FEW here as evidenced throughout this thread and board.

With the way some of these people act, you'd think this was J|X. :sigh: Of course Janet isn't gonna return to her RN days, it would be nice if she did, but I just don't see it for her. Janet is obviously in a better space than she was in the past couple of years, so there should be SOME enthusiasm for the next project. Of course TwistedVelvet is being a little overboard - there's no denying that - but you can't patronize him for being optimistic.

With the way some of these people act, you'd think this was J|X. :sigh: Of course Janet isn't gonna return to her RN days, it would be nice if she did, but I just don't see it for her. Janet is obviously in a better space than she was in the past couple of years, so there should be SOME enthusiasm for the next project. Of course TwistedVelvet is being a little overboard - there's no denying that - but you can't patronize him for being optimistic.

EXACTLY. At least she isn't just sitting on her ass not doing a damn thing..then people would complain about her not doing shit.. :rolleyes: I'm just glad I got to see her in action on this tour.. :blush: Although I want new music, I just don't want people overanalyzing every detail of it.

TwistedVelvet is VERY optimistic. It's rare to find a Janet stan who's blinded by her light.. :lmao:

I can't, I just can't.

Ull really are bad.

Discipline sold just under a million WW and it had 1 major single that didn't impact and NO promo globally, only about 2 weeks real promo in the US.

Assuming Janet's next album has the major promo of a legend (expected), GLOBAL promo (should happen now), and a number of impacting singles, it will easily sell 4 million.

I can't, I just can't.

Ull really are bad.

Discipline sold just under a million WW and it had 1 major single that didn't impact and NO promo globally, only about 2 weeks real promo in the US.

Assuming Janet's next album has the major promo of a legend (expected), GLOBAL promo (should happen now), and a number of impacting singles, it will easily sell 4 million.

PM

I can't, I just can't.

Ull really are bad.

yeah.. because it's 2001 :sigh:

BTW.. idk where you're getting your figures.. Discipline sold under GOLD in the US... and did not sell 400-500k WW

100k in Japan & under 10k in the UK

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1035573&c=1

Assuming is the key word. We all assumed that the last 2 times........

Let's just hope that Janet is hungry again and has learnt from her mistakes and that radio etc gives her a chance.

Assuming is the key word. We all assumed that the last 2 times........

Let's just hope that Janet is hungry again and has learnt from her mistakes and that radio etc gives her a chance.

Yes but this time its more likely cause the blacklisting is lifting and Janet is more huge than she has been in years.

I don't know how u don't see this. Didn't u feel that on American Idol, X factor, THE VMAs performance.

I doubt MTV of 5 years ago would have allowed Janet to be mentioned in a Britney tribute, let alone actually open their show.

Don't you get it she BACK. She's on more people's minds and she's not even got an album out yet.

Her next album is in Billboards most anticipated list.

Janet is in a better position, and I'm hoping for the best, but the less said about x factor the better. Make me couldn't even scrape the top 75. That must be an xfactor record.

Janet needs a HOT song, globally promoted like she used to up until Damita Jo with a good video and hot choreography. Then she will be fine. She nearly had it with feedback but between her and LA Reid they messed it up. How can you fly your ass over to Europe to watch a fashion show and not even pop into a tv studio to perform your current single?!

Janet is in a better position, and I'm hoping for the best, but the less said about x factor the better. Make me couldn't even scrape the top 75. That must be an xfactor record.

Janet needs a HOT song, globally promoted like she used to up until Damita Jo with a good video and hot choreography. Then she will be fine. She nearly had it with feedback but between her and LA Reid they messed it up. How can you fly your ass over to Europe to watch a fashion show and not even pop into a tv studio to perform your current single?!

One thing we won't be getting.

Twistedvelvet, how long have you been a Janet fan? I'm just wondering because you seem to be missing vital aspects of the Janet career story in the past 10 yrs that explains why the majority of us who are all wishing her the best, know better than to predict huge success...

:lol: I'm just upset that he's still the main choreographer/"creative" director for her.

Creative my ass! A 4 yr old with glitter, glue and pasta shapes is more creative. His niche was a gifted dancer. He needed to stay there. It's like asking a bear to play the drums. Let's the bear be a bear and let Gil be a dancer :)

Make me wasn't promoted on the X factor, it wasn't mentioned by Dermot or anyone. That's why it didn't make an impact, nobody knew what the song was, or even if it was new. It got no.73 btw.

She doesn't need, she WILL.

She did have it with 'Feedback', LA Reid messed that up. Janet had nothing to do with the fuck up, she wasn't being supported.

It costs dollars.

You know that the artists has to pay for everything to perform on the X-factor!!

These big show performances can cot anything up to $100,000.

You might think, oh its okay to pay those kinds of moneys when your worth millions, but the return probably isn't that good.

EXACTLY. At least she isn't just sitting on her ass not doing a damn thing..then people would complain about her not doing shit.. :rolleyes: I'm just glad I got to see her in action on this tour.. :blush: Although I want new music, I just don't want people overanalyzing every detail of it.

TwistedVelvet is VERY optimistic. It's rare to find a Janet stan who's blinded by her light.. :lmao:

I would certainly be complaining. :filenails: And two movies and a tour later, I'm ready for a new album. It's been almost 4 years since Discipline (FHTF).

I'm all for optimism, but you know the Debbie Downers work around the clock. :sigh:

I would certainly be complaining. :filenails: And two movies and a tour later, I'm ready for a new album. It's been almost 4 years since Discipline (FHTF).

I'm all for optimism, but you know the Debbie Downers work around the clock. :sigh:

I'm trying to give TV perspective :) it's obvious that we all want the best for Janet and we all hope she will snatch every wig in the game.

Archived