Adele's 'Someone Like You' Soars To No. 1 On Hot 100

RedSimba

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why they didn't push for that song is beyond me.

It's Fatchild's fault :cry: I can only imagine the video for it *thinks about Gil having say about the video* Well I can only imagine how great the video could be without Gil's influence. -_-

Make Me was a better song than HBL :filenails:

I love "Make Me", but it can't compete with "Heartbeat Love" :mellow:

Omg. If she can sell 400,000 in america on the back of a top 20 single, that only saw an impact on the week of the album release and nothing else, then she can sell 2 million in America alone with a hit album.

You're getting your hopes up too high by trying to convince the rest of these people, TV. It's always the faithful few still clinging to what we know can and will happen because we see every detail from start to finish. Let's just keep our optimism up sky-high and let Janet herself prove her doubters wrong. In the end, we'll be in the winner's circle with her and handing out "I told you so"s like it's no tomorrow.

We know it can happen and we hope it will happen. We don't KNOW it will happen. It's called being realistic and a true fan who will support Janet despite what may or may not happen sales wise. Most of us are here because we like Janet and her music, not because we are clinging to sales and industry success.

We need to remember that a lot of us saw Janet when she was selling millions around the world pre-superbowl in the 80s/90s/AFY. And then we saw her demise in that area once her titty popped out. So whether she does well again doesn't really matter to us because we've already seen it happen before.

U want truth? Howz streisands new album doing? Oh wait or is it just another album full of American anthem covers? Wouldn't know cause nobodies listening to it.

You will not come for a legend who has been in the game for over 50 years and has already pushed the envelope by venturing into different genres. She did all of that on her own terms.

This time, she chose to release an album of songs written by her friends as a tribute to those friends. It was clearly not an album to appeal to the teen sluts crowd. And she still debuted in the top 5. She's in control of her career. Janet has not been.

If you truly believe that 20 Y.O. and Discipline represents artistic integrity, as was the point of my "truth" post, and NOT about sales, then that is clear proof that you are a blinded stan. Letting JD pull the strings during the most important moment in your career, and then following it up by having JD and Darkchild craft your next album for you was not the business.

If you think that a 42 year old singing "wutcho name boyyyy?" shows that she's serious about her music, then gerl... :umm:

We know it can happen and we hope it will happen. We don't KNOW it will happen. It's called being realistic and a true fan who will support Janet despite what may or may not happen sales wise. Most of us are here because we like Janet and her music, not because we are clinging to sales and industry success.

Of course we'll support her either way, but she is building herself up for ALOT of success. It's borderline inevitable. She's getting much better press and promotion before, she's presenting herself very well (like always), plus she's getting alot of attention even with younger girls being there. People see a legend is ready to make another move. People are anxious for it. Forgetting her age, nearly forgetting the incident before, they're ready to embrace her entirely and are, in great respects, are doing just that. My love for her isn't based on sales and industry success, I've shown that. But, even I though we aren't legit, what S.O.(significant other) wouldn't talk shit and and pump up the person they love, especially when they can more than likely back it up?

I never said I know it will happen. I say I BELIEVE it will happen. Different. Yull keep jumping on me. I'm not saying Janet will sell Janet. Or even A4U numbers.

But I believe her next album can and will be a hit album for the time and with that I believe we can see her do atleast above Damita Jo numbers, which would be a success.

But what angers me is some of u act like she's a Dina Ross or Cher, irrelevant to todats music, on a farewell tour and only ever gonna sell what her fans buy.

That's utter shit. She's only 45, not fucking 65. She's still recognised in the current music scene, Still anticipated and loved. I still see Janet as kl and with it today. All she needs is an impacting single and business to continue as it is now, constant exposure, even more exposure even.

Of course we'll support her either way, but she is building herself up for ALOT of success. It's borderline inevitable. She's getting much better press and promotion before, she's presenting herself very well (like always), plus she's getting alot of attention even with younger girls being there. People see a legend is ready to make another move. People are anxious for it. Forgetting her age, nearly forgetting the incident before, they're ready to embrace her entirely and are, in great respects, are doing just that. My love for her isn't based on sales and industry success, I've shown that. But, even I though we aren't legit, what S.O.(significant other) wouldn't talk shit and and pump up the person they love, especially when they can more than likely back it up?

AMEN

Archived