The Australian Tour Thread

cnd

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get what your saying, I already expect all the "Janet cant sing" & "Janet Never sings live ever" folks to eat this up and get their laughs

it is what it is:filenails:

Someone who was at the show said they were told when it was canceled the Dr. said she had laryngitis. Not sure how true it is, but everything they said before was true so...IDK, either way "vocal rest" is incredibly broad, and I feel like that's intentional. Basically, a wide variety of things could cause the need for "vocal rest," and it can also be a preemptive measure for a singer.

Here's the bottom line: No honest, hard-working artist wants to cancel shows. They don't want to lose money, they don't want to let their fans down and they don't want their promoter to lose faith in them and they don't want to burn bridges in the future with that. I don't know how people fail to realize this.

Here's the bottom line: No honest, hard-working artist wants to cancel shows. They don't want to lose money, they don't want to let their fans down and they don't want their promoter to lose faith in them and they don't want to burn bridges in the future with that. I don't know how people fail to realize this.

Because some people are hell bent on they know all the answers to everything in the entire world and that anything that dont match up to that answer is a lie or conspiracy :coffee:

Because some people are hell bent on they know all the answers to everything in the entire world and that anything that dont match up to that answer is a lie or conspiracy :coffee:

It's astonishing the lengths folks will go to have a reason to remain pressed.

It's astonishing the lengths folks will go to have a reason to remain pressed.

That TRULY does amaze me, its like their minds do ultra back flips to either make things more exciting or to feel like they're the only ones who know the truth about something....truly amazing to me.

They need to get GOT.

I would be incredibly frustrated and upset as well though. But I would understand in every way that it's something she needed to do. I mean, I'm traveling to see her and if something like this happened, I'd be DEEP in the hole. Very upsetting, but you have to want what's best for her...some of these fans appear very selfish.

Right, her health and wellness should come first. And some of the FB comments are ridiculous. Calling for compensation? Really now. Janet and the promoter are not responsible for where you live and for the distance you're traveling to see the show.

Right, her health and wellness should come first. And some of the FB comments are ridiculous. Calling for compensation? Really now. Janet and the promoter are not responsible for where you live and for the distance you're traveling to see the show.

I dunno Connifer

Maybe they would be entitled to compensation for travelling costs/accomodation costs

no one would pursue it, because the costs are so small compared to the legal costs (they'd need a group action)

but it does raise a good legal question

are promoters/artists responsible for the ancillary costs of purchasing a ticket if they decide to cancel (in the situation that this is not covered by the terms of the contract)

Id really love to know if someone could find that out... itd be great to see legal history on the matter

I dunno Connifer

Maybe they are entitled to compensation for travelling costs/accomodation costs

no one would pursue it, because the costs are so small compared to the legal costs

are promoters/artists responsible for the ancillary costs of purchasing a ticket if they decide to cancel

:huh: How are Janet and the promoters HONESTLY responsible for that comp. when she

1) Couldn't prevent her health issue

2) it was OPTIONAL for them to come to the concert at the lengths they did

3) She and the promoters only control the tickets, all else was up to the fans. And the tickets are being refunded.

I dunno Connifer

Maybe they are entitled to compensation for travelling costs/accomodation costs

no one would pursue it, because the costs are so small compared to the legal costs

are promoters/artists responsible for the ancillary costs of purchasing a ticket if they decide to cancel

This is some of the silliest shit I've ever read. Only thing they're responsible for is the ticket.

:huh: How are Janet and the promoters HONESTLY responsible for that comp. when she

1) Couldn't prevent her health issue

2) it was OPTIONAL for them to come to the concert at the lengths they did

3) She and the promoters only control the tickets, all else was up to the fans. And the tickets are being refunded.

if u read my post, u would see that i said it does pose a good legal question

1. the health is irrelevant, because she decided to cancel. the focus is on the cancellatios

2. i think thats also irrelevant

3. like i said, it does pose a good legal question... are they responsible for all the costs associated with buying a ticket, particularly because u only incur those expenses because u purchased that ticket

if u read my post, u would see that i said it does pose a good legal question

1. the health is irrelevant, because she decided to cancel. the focus is on the cancellatios

2. i think thats also irrelevant

3. like i said, it does pose a good legal question... are they responsible for all the costs associated with buying a ticket, particularly because u only incur those expenses because u purchased that ticket

It does not? :umm:

1. Her health is the biggest factor because it's WHY she cancelled

2. How the f..

3. Fu..NO. Janet and the promoters control TICKETS ONLY.

Do you think through what you post or is this all on a whim because...? :umm::wacko:

Archived