RIHANNA ON TARGET TO SELL 180-200K NEXT WK

DCNATION

Rock is back, at least for a week. Nickelback will be the top post-Black Friday debut from today and will battle Michael Buble for the #1 album next Tuesday. Drake, in his second week, could be a spoiler, but seems a long shot as of today. Here's a bigger than a breadbox look at this week's key new releases. I'll update with more fine-tuned projections tomorrow.

Nickelback (Roadrunner) 225-250k

Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 180-200k

Daughtry (19/RCA) 140-160k

Mary J. Blige (Geffen) 120-140k

Big Time Rush (Nickelodeon/Columbia) 90-110k

Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 75-90k

Michael Jackson (Epic) 50-60k

Bob Seger, Ultimate Hits (Capitol) 50-55k

Yelawolf (Ghet-O-Vision/Shady/Interscope) 40-50k (11/22p)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Rihanna would do higher...Maybe she shouldn't release albums so soon. Give people a chance to miss her music. That's horrible if Drake ain't even in the top 5 his 2nd week

I guess. But rappers release music really quick all the time & do higher numbers than that. Maybe her sales will be higher during black friday?

Rock is back, at least for a week. Nickelback will be the top post-Black Friday debut from today and will battle Michael Buble for the #1 album next Tuesday. Drake, in his second week, could be a spoiler, but seems a long shot as of today. Here's a bigger than a breadbox look at this week's key new releases. I'll update with more fine-tuned projections tomorrow.

Nickelback (Roadrunner) 225-250k

Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 180-200k

Daughtry (19/RCA) 140-160k

Mary J. Blige (Geffen) 120-140k

Big Time Rush (Nickelodeon/Columbia) 90-110k

Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 75-90k

Michael Jackson (Epic) 50-60k

Bob Seger, Ultimate Hits (Capitol) 50-55k

Yelawolf (Ghet-O-Vision/Shady/Interscope) 40-50k (11/22p)

...................... :blink: ......ew. God I cant stand Tweens

Anyway, yea I was hoping Rihanna would get #1 & Mary would get #2, or they'd at least be right behind each other, oh well, both bitches got hot albums that promoted rightly can have more hit singles :coffee:

I thought Rihanna would do higher...

Me too

I guess. But rappers release music really quick all the time & do higher numbers than that. Maybe her sales will be higher during black friday?

Rihanna releases alot more rapidly than rappers. She's an every-year kinda girl...rappers? ...eh.

Mary should be higher. :umm:

Um ...are you being serious?

i plan on seeing it when it comes to a place near me

MJ album is selling what i thought it would sell...obviously the promotion has been horrible ..and lots of people don't know about ..it will be a slower seller and over time sell a pretty decent amount

i suggest anyone to get it..its incredible what the did with the album..it takes you on a new experience

Archived