Who Has More Artistic Integrity Madonna Or Janet

Idrag4mj

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who has more artistic Integrity

Alright well here's another fact.

Janets is the only artist to have a no.1 on all major radio formats. Diversity? I think so.

Not to mention the number of crossover hits she's had.

Janet has impacted in pop, dance and R&B.

Madonnas made no impact on r&b at all.

Janet has an obvious advantage on that front. :rolleyes: How many white female artists do you see smashing the R&B format? If you say Mariah or A Keys, I swear.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard of her music Madge always changes her sound to fit in with the current sound especially with her last 2 albums and by the looks of things her next one too - thats not called artistic integrity...thats called changing your artistic vision just to sell more. Surely artistic integrity means you stay away from current trends and just do you? We all know Justin, Lil Wayne, nicki minaj and mia is not Madonna but todays teeny bopper market.

Oh yeah. Erotica, Ray of Light, American Life and COADF were just so trendy. :rolleyes:

The only obvious examples of that were her first three albums and Hard Candy.

Oh yeah. Erotica, Ray of Light, American Life and COADF were just so trendy. :rolleyes:

The only obvious examples of that were her first three albums and Hard Candy.

"From what I've heard of her music".

Wasn't COADF a club/dance album? If it was then I'd say that was trendy but if it isn't then Hard Candy (and the new one) is to Madge what 20YO & Discipline is to Janet.

Wasn't COADF a club/dance album? If it was then I'd say that was trendy but if it isn't then Hard Candy (and the new one) is to Madge what 20YO & Discipline is to Janet.

"Discipline" owns "20YO" and "Damita Jo"... :filenails:

COTDF is a masterpeice. Easily one of madonna's best. :clapping:

COADF was a pure dance album, yes. But who else was doing that in '05? She was ahead of the curve.

Discipline isn't even close to Damita Jo, Nuk.

"Discipline" owns "20YO" and "Damita Jo"... :filenails:

Ch...no.

COADF was a pure dance album, yes. But who else was doing that in '05? She was ahead of the curve.

I don't remember anyone that never did dance before doing a pure dance album but there were plenty of pure dance albums around and the dance sound was very in (before she did it) with various artists dancing up their singles at that time...in europe anyway.

Please. "Feedback", "Rock Wit U", "Luv", and "Can't Be Good" murders all those albums. :filenails:

BOY STOP!!!! And "Can't Be Good" aint TOO GOOD. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And y'all overrate da hell outta "RWU" and "Luv" ....they only standout because the rest of the material on the album was so weak.

BOY STOP!!!! And "Can't Be Good" aint TOO GOOD. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And y'all overrate da hell outta "RWU" and "Luv" ....they only standout because the rest of the material on the album was so weak.

So now not only do you bash POP/Hip Hop/R&B legend, T-Boz, but you also bash Pop Queen, Janet?

Dayz...I just have prayer for you and your unproven antics. :filenails:

Archived