Who Has More Artistic Integrity Madonna Or Janet

Idrag4mj

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who has more artistic Integrity

Truly i am not familiar with madonna's discography ..i think i got her greatest hits..and it sounded like an album full of techno dance singles..

20yo isn't really a bad album..but for an album that was supposed to celebrate 20th anniversary of control i understand why it got and gets dragged for filth ..Janed should have poppified that album a little...It was Just too urban ..Control was not urban ..its a pop gem ...and 20yr should have been in the same way

:mellow:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A generic gay Euro dancepop song and a sexy ballad whose instrumentation comprises of the triangle? :unsure:

My point was really how American Life combines acoustic guitar ballads with electronic layering.

They don't see that. She was treading new waters, janet was covering old and dated sounds of the past. :cheers:

exactly...like that's some fuckin' Rhythm Nation or Velvet Rope. He need to sit down :umm:

Notice how you had to go back to those classic album SloeSloe. I'm just saying... :filenails:

Janet's new music doesn't stand up. :filenails:

Madonna got the biggest single of her career with "Hung Up". She rocked the new millennium. :thumbup:

I actually liked the rapping. Truth be told I liked Madonna then and I got annoyed know one got American Life. I still watch that Gap commercial with Missy :wub:

Thats what happens when you experiment with your sound. Sometimes people won't get it. Artist take risk. :filenails:

It still cleared 5 million. :filenails:

Alright well here's another fact.

Janets is the only artist to have a no.1 on all major radio formats. Diversity? I think so.

Not to mention the number of crossover hits she's had.

Janet has impacted in pop, dance and R&B.

Madonnas made no impact on r&b at all.

Another fact...Madonna is the more successful artist, has taken more risk, and is in the rock and roll hall of fame... :cheers:

Exactly, that's where she was at the time. So instead of turning are backs on her and waiting for her to get depressed again, we should have just joined her and had fun.

Not every album Janet releases must be serious does it? Ur trapping her for that.

If u lot can buy in to rihannas or britneys meaningless sex whore albums then u should find reason to support Janet too.

I find it laughable how people have no problem with rihannas 'cockiness' and 'fuck me' lyrics that she has stuck to for 6 albums, yet people attack Janet for 'constantly' talking about sex.

Janet is not the same type of artist as Rihanna and Britney. Her messages have always been as important as her music. You might as well be comparing Erykah Badu to Ke$ha.

FAIL

Janet is not the same type of artist as Rihanna and Britney. Her messages have always been as important as her music. You might as well be comparing Erykah Badu to Ke$ha.

FAIL

But why should Janet be ridiculed and attacked for her choices, yet britney etc are accepted cause 'that's the type of artist they are'....pathetic.

I'd rather gave Janet fun songs than no songs or britney songs for that matter.

Both of them suck musically right now. I think Madonna has the most potential of releasing something incredible right now but I wouldn't count Janet out. As for the past, it's hard to say. I think they're both equal. The Velvet Rope might be a masterpiece album but Madonna's imagery and select songs certainly gave it a run for its money. The only time Janet really had something over Madonna was in the 80's.

Um no! :mellow:

When you've been in the game as along as they have...what is there left to say? Both have covered soooo many world topic and issues. Not to make excuses but I can understand them being a lil creatively stifled.

Janet definately seems topic-less nowadayz

Madonna seems desperate to stay current

So BOTH lose but understandably,imo.

cause she is desperate

They don't see that. She was treading new waters, janet was covering old and dated sounds of the past. :cheers:

Um cause that's how 20 Y.O. was supposed to be. She's said it many times before that its supposed to give you some of that old Janet from Control and on celebrating her 20yrs in music so um yeah :rolleyes:

Notice how you had to go back to those classic album SloeSloe. I'm just saying... :filenails:

Janet's new music doesn't stand up. :filenails:

Madonna got the biggest single of her career with "Hung Up". She rocked the new millennium. :thumbup:

Where overseas in Europe? cause it damn sure didn't happen in the U.S. :mellow:

Another fact...Madonna is the more successful artist, has taken more risk, and is in the rock and roll hall of fame... :cheers:

Of course Madonna is gonna get more than Janet and we all know why, taking more risks?...you mean more stunts right. She's known for her antics which is why she's always being made fun of. Rock and Roll hall of fame? Let's not...Madonna is much older and she's white. Of course she's gonna get in there before Janet :whistle:

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

nothing wrong with what he said. "Damita Jo" did indeed had music on that album that no one else was doing

Archived