Who Has More Artistic Integrity Madonna Or Janet

Idrag4mj

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who has more artistic Integrity

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lack of Artistic Integrity can make for suckish albums. Thus, the albums being let downs.

Having Khia on 1 track don't make the album a let down. Everybody was liking "Call On Me" and "So Excited" its just the promotion. I believe that album could've gone platinum just like "Damita Jo"

Having Khia on 1 track don't make the album a let down. Everybody was liking "Call On Me" and "So Excited" its just the promotion. I believe that album could've gone platinum just like "Damita Jo"

I didn't say that was why I voted that way. That's others opinion. My vote was based on a downgrade of Janet's from her glory moments (Control-All for You) through these last three. She's been focused more on keeping this just happy and dance club that there lies little creativity. Just money-making with a few bursts of something creative and fresh sometimes. And I'm not here for Madonna beyond her 80s stuff. So..

What did I tell you about all these opinions you be trying to have Mr Dayz? :filenails:

This decade Madonna has released "Music," "American Life", "COTDF" and "Hard Candy"...HAG slayed Janet artistically in the new millennium. I don't wanna have to keep straightening you out every day like this either so get it together. :shifty:

Ma'am.....WHERE?!

Funny how people keep downgrading my favorite Janet album. All I will do is smile :) That album absolutely puts "Hard Candy" and "COTDF" to shame. The general public would have been singing a different tune about the album if 'Nipplegate' never occurred. There was a slew of potential singles on 20 Y.O. -- if Janet had radio and MTV's support, things would have been undoubtedly different. I will NEVER understand the hate for this album.

Call On Me, Enjoy, Get It Out Me, Love 2 Love, Take Care, Do It 2 Me, With U, Show Me & This Body are ALL hot to death. And although most of you don't like Daybreak, I do :) So Excited is only okay to me, the only 'misstep' if I was forced to pick one. But whatever...you guys are crazy anyway :coffee:

Funny how people keep downgrading my favorite Janet album. All I will do is smile :) That album absolutely puts "Hard Candy" and "COTDF" to shame. The general public would have been singing a different tune about the album if 'Nipplegate' never occurred. There was a slew of potential singles on 20 Y.O. -- if Janet had radio and MTV's support, things would have been undoubtedly different. I will NEVER understand the hate for this album.

Call On Me, Enjoy, Get It Out Me, Love 2 Love, Take Care, Do It 2 Me, With U, Show Me & This Body are ALL hot to death. And although most of you don't like Daybreak, I do :) So Excited is only okay to me, the only 'misstep' if I was forced to pick one. But whatever...you guys are crazy anyway :coffee:

Because they're stuck on Janet "selling out" by tryna sound young,musically on that album. Im indifferent.

Because they're stuck on Janet "selling out" by tryna sound young,musically on that album. Im indifferent.

This. I dog on her for it but only because it's fun to. I have no issue with her "selling out" because to me 20YO is a pretty hot album and at that time that was the kind of music I loved.

20 Y.O. gave us the modern masterpiece that is "Enjoy," and for that alone I will always love it. "Show Me," "Get It Out Me," "Do It 2 Me," "Daybreak," and "Take Care" are some of my other favs too (not to mention should've-been-on-the-album "Roll Witchu"). I personally really liked the "classic sound with a modern twist" concept. I didn't see any sacrifice to integrity at all. She said she "wanted to have fun," and that's what she set out to do ~ it's a representation of where she was at that point in time. :)

Puleeze gwurl...You have lost your mind as usual!

You are the Madge stan, not me. :rolleyes:

Obviously it is you who has lost your mind. :coffee:

20 Y.O. gave us the modern masterpiece that is "Enjoy," and for that alone I will always love it. "Show Me," "Get It Out Me," "Do It 2 Me," "Daybreak," and "Take Care" are some of my other favs too (not to mention should've-been-on-the-album "Roll Witchu"). I personally really liked the "classic sound with a modern twist" concept. I didn't see any sacrifice to integrity at all. She said she "wanted to have fun," and that's what she set out to do ~ it's a representation of where she was at that point in time. :)

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You are really pushing it..

!!!!!!!!!

You are the Madge stan, not me. :rolleyes:

Obviously it is you who has lost your mind. :coffee:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

!!!!!!!!!

One or two songs that are political (and that's pushing it) and suddenly the album is political...

And that other album with is just one long song with simple lyrics..

:excited: PREACH IT, BROTHA ANDY! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That's why I love this guy, he stays speaking da truuf!

One or two songs that are political (and that's pushing it) and suddenly the album is political...

And that other album with is just one long song with simple lyrics..

I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shoté, it goes right through my boday and you know I'm satisfied B)

I mean... I can see it being better than Hard Candy, but no objective music critic would agree that 20 Y.O. > COADF. COADF is a near-flawless dancepop effort. 20 Y.O. is dragged down by filler. It's your favorite and I respect that, but I think you should recognize that people hate on it for a reason.

Like, I love Damita Jo and think it's her best album of the '00s, but I get why so many people hate on it. It's so corny and "young."

Archived