Who Has More Artistic Integrity Madonna Or Janet

Idrag4mj

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who has more artistic Integrity

\Janet has has been nominated for grammys in 5 different musical genres, good sir. Something Ms. Ciccone has never done, and more than likely never will. Janet's experimentations have been pretty top notch, in comparison. If that's not a testament of versatility, than I don't know what is :filenails: you are half right though, Janet is indeed more talented.

I love that record, but Beyonce has 3x as many Grammys as Janet. Does that mean she's 3x the artist? :rolleyes:

Grammy stats are so situational and incomparable. Madonna and Janet were rarely in direct competition for Grammy awards.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slant magazine has been lame for years. Whats you point?

"The Neptunes-helmed "Candy Shop" is so disappointing, and Timbaland and Justin Timberlake's "4 Minutes" such a blatant advertisement for the rest of the album"

They didn't sell that album well did they.

Both of them suck musically right now. I think Madonna has the most potential of releasing something incredible right now but I wouldn't count Janet out. As for the past, it's hard to say. I think they're both equal. The Velvet Rope might be a masterpiece album but Madonna's imagery and select songs certainly gave it a run for its money. The only time Janet really had something over Madonna was in the 80's.

When you've been in the game as along as they have...what is there left to say? Both have covered soooo many world topic and issues. Not to make excuses but I can understand them being a lil creatively stifled.

Janet definately seems topic-less nowadayz

Madonna seems desperate to stay current

So BOTH lose but understandably,imo.

Slant magazine has been lame for years. Whats you point?

"The Neptunes-helmed "Candy Shop" is so disappointing, and Timbaland and Justin Timberlake's "4 Minutes" such a blatant advertisement for the rest of the album"

They didn't sell that album well did they.

Don't get fresh with me like you don't know the rules. If I said "Hard Candy" was the better album, with better sales and higher charting singles, then it was the better album. :filenails:

When you've been in the game as along as they have...what is there left to say? Both have covered soooo many world topic and issues. Not to make excuses but I can understand them being a lil creatively stifled.

Janet definately seems topic-less nowadayz

Madonna seems desperate to stay current

So BOTH lose but understandably,imo.

What did I tell you about all these opinions you be trying to have Mr Dayz? :filenails:

This decade Madonna has released "Music," "American Life", "COTDF" and "Hard Candy"...She slayed Janet artistically in the new millennium. I don't wanna have to keep straightening you out every day like this either so get it together. :shifty:

What did I tell you about all these opinions you be trying to have Mr Dayz? :filenails:

This decade Madonna has released "Music," "American Life", "COTDF" and "Hard Candy"...She slayed Janet artistically in the new millennium. I don't wanna have to keep straightening you out every day like this either so get it together. :shifty:

Why are you comparing the two in response to my comment. I didnt say Janets last decade was better than Madonna's..so why are you trying so hard to prove this? :lol: Im saying as of late neither have put out efforts that can even begin to rival their 90s material. Which is understandable. Mike's latest shit didnt take us anywhere new either. Maybe there comes a point to where there's nowhere left to climb. Yes,Madonna's efforts have been greater but she's eagerly "sold out" out of fear in the process.

Don't get fresh with me like you don't know the rules. If I said "Hard Candy" was the better album, with better sales and higher charting singles, then it was the better album. :filenails:

Chile Thriller sold more than Off The Wall but it doesn't make it the better album does it.... Stale Candy was just not doing it for anybody. At least 20YO was great for the ghetto people.

Chile Thriller sold more than Off The Wall but it doesn't make it the better album does it.... Stale Candy was just not doing it for anybody. At least 20YO was great for the ghetto people.

I don't know what gives you and Mr dayz the right to question my gangsta but I definately don't like it. I want you to take back those awful words and rants you just made. You too Mr Dayz. :angry:

I don't know what gives you and Mr dayz the right to question my gangsta but I definately don't like it. I want you to take back those awful words and rants you just made. You too Mr Dayz. :angry:

You havent been around lately ...practically NOT AT ALL. Im starting to question your love for Janet. Although its always been in question. :coffee:

Not here for Sugarfree Candy.

This is not about albums being let downs this is about artistic integrity. Khia being on Janet's track was JD's idea just as Khia said "JD called her". Janet didn't know who the fuck Khia was :lol: As for Madonna she just tries to get with whoever's relevant at the moment to get a hit. Same as Mariah. Both of them bitches don't do it for the music they do it for sales and money

Archived