Who Has More Artistic Integrity Madonna Or Janet

Idrag4mj

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who has more artistic Integrity

I mean... I can see it being better than Hard Candy, but no objective music critic would agree that 20 Y.O. > COADF. COADF is a near-flawless dancepoop effort. 20 Y.O. is dragged down by filler. It's your favorite and I respect that, but I think you should recognize that people hate on it for a reason.

Like, I love Damita Jo and think it's her best album of the '00s, but I get why so many people hate on it. It's so corny and "young."

:clapping::clapping:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One or two songs that are political (and that's pushing it) and suddenly the album is political...

Not just the political songs. American Life is full of unique experimentation; she was making pop music unlike anyone else at the time.

You will never hear Janet do songs like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06dHDWhn0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ee82hJ_jBU

That said, Madonna has gone off her rocker, and her artistic decline has been even faster and harder than Janet's was, if "Give Me All Your Love" is anything to go by. So I don't give her too much these days.

Not just the political songs. American Life is full of unique experimentation; she was making pop music unlike anyone else at the time.

You will never hear Janet do songs like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06dHDWhn0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ee82hJ_jBU

That said, Madonna has gone off her rocker, and her artistic decline has been even faster and harder than Janet's was, if "Give Me All Your Love" is anything to go by. So I don't give her too much these days.

What's so unique about those songs?

I will see those two and raise you SloLove and Truly. :filenails:

Oh please "American Life" and COTDF" were very artistic and found her very political and fighting issues.

Madonna was doin' what she always does....trying to create controversy to get attention. It's her gimmick :sigh:

You are really pushing it..

exactly...like that's some fuckin' Rhythm Nation or Velvet Rope. He need to sit down :umm:

:clapping:

too bad no one's gonna click on that link :ph34r:

A generic gay Euro dancepop song and a sexy ballad whose instrumentation comprises of the triangle? :unsure:

My point was really how American Life combines acoustic guitar ballads with electronic layering.

I love how you down play Janet's songs and you make it sounds like Madonna did something new..

That second song is just acoustic guitar with horrible vocals

The first one is made with a beat machine.. :filenails:

I love how you down play Janet's songs and you make it sounds like Madonna did something new..

That second song is just acoustic guitar with horrible vocals

The first one is made with a beat machine.. :filenails:

I have to do that when I'm in a room full of Janet stans. :rolleyes: I will always prefer Janet, but Madonna will also always be my second-favorite diva, so respect me for defending her. ^_^

why the ignorants want to continue to talk about a discography they know nothing about besides the singles is beyond me. But please don't stop, it's good for the LOLS

Wasn't Madonna absolutely humiliated for American Life? I just remember reading loads of articles at that time dissing her and mocking her.

All due to the first video she released for the song and for the rapping she did on that track.

People wanted something that would make them drop their pants and bend over for some random queen in a random club bathroom to take over but that was not what Madonna wanted to do with that album.

She went that route the very next album though

All due to the first video she released for the song and for the rapping she did on that track.

People wanted something that would make them drop their pants and bend over for some random queen in a random club bathroom to take over but that was not what Madonna wanted to do with that album.

She went that route the very next album though

I actually liked the rapping. Truth be told I liked Madonna then and I got annoyed know one got American Life. I still watch that Gap commercial with Missy :wub:

I actually liked the rapping. Truth be told I liked Madonna then and I got annoyed know one got American Life. I still watch that Gap commercial with Missy :wub:

the "rapping" was awful. But her stains make sure that everyone believes that she did it on purpose to mock the state of the industry so it's ok :shifty:

why the ignorants want to continue to talk about a discography they know nothing about besides the singles is beyond me. But please don't stop, it's good for the LOLS

Exactly why I didn't even indulge. I'm only familiar with Madonna's singles, and a handful of her album tracks from each of her studio albums. Outside of that, I don't know much. If only people were as wise as myself. :sigh:

I love that record, but Beyonce has 3x as many Grammys as Janet. Does that mean she's 3x the artist? :rolleyes:

Grammy stats are so situational and incomparable. Madonna and Janet were rarely in direct competition for Grammy awards.

Alright well here's another fact.

Janets is the only artist to have a no.1 on all major radio formats. Diversity? I think so.

Not to mention the number of crossover hits she's had.

Janet has impacted in pop, dance and R&B.

Madonnas made no impact on r&b at all.

the "rapping" was awful. But her stains make sure that everyone believes that she did it on purpose to mock the state of the industry so it's ok :shifty:

:lol:! I do like the bitch... I recently got into Bedtime Stories.

What did I tell you about all these opinions you be trying to have Mr Dayz? :filenails:

This decade Madonna has released "Music," "American Life", "COTDF" and "Hard Candy"...She slayed Janet artistically in the new millennium. I don't wanna have to keep straightening you out every day like this either so get it together. :shifty:

Artistically, all for u, damita jo and even discipline are way superior to any 00 madonna album.

It just wasn't that good from a woman who created "Rhythm Nation 1814" and "janet."...Plain and simple. Easily her worst since her breakthrough with "Control".

What had her older albums got to do with anything!?

Some of u fans need to learn to grow with her. If u keep comparing u will never appreciate what she gives out.

I love MJs invincible for what it us, but i know if I compared it to billie Jean all the time...I might as well just quit being a fan.

What had her older albums got to do with anything!?

Some of u fans need to learn to grow with her. If u keep comparing u will never appreciate what she gives out.

I love MJs invincible for what it us, but i know if I compared it to billie Jean all the time...I might as well just quit being a fan.

I agree with this. It's silly to keep comparing an artists work to their earlier stuff especially when that earlier stuff was over 20 years ago.

20 Y.O. gave us the modern masterpiece that is "Enjoy," and for that alone I will always love it. "Show Me," "Get It Out Me," "Do It 2 Me," "Daybreak," and "Take Care" are some of my other favs too (not to mention should've-been-on-the-album "Roll Witchu"). I personally really liked the "classic sound with a modern twist" concept. I didn't see any sacrifice to integrity at all. She said she "wanted to have fun," and that's what she set out to do ~ it's a representation of where she was at that point in time. :)

Exactly, that's where she was at the time. So instead of turning are backs on her and waiting for her to get depressed again, we should have just joined her and had fun.

Not every album Janet releases must be serious does it? Ur trapping her for that.

If u lot can buy in to rihannas or britneys meaningless sex whore albums then u should find reason to support Janet too.

I find it laughable how people have no problem with rihannas 'cockiness' and 'fuck me' lyrics that she has stuck to for 6 albums, yet people attack Janet for 'constantly' talking about sex.

Truly i am not familiar with madonna's discography ..i think i got her greatest hits..and it sounded like an album full of techno dance singles..

20yo isn't really a bad album..but for an album that was supposed to celebrate 20th anniversary of control i understand why it got and gets dragged for filth ..Janed should have poppified that album a little...It was Just too urban ..Control was not urban ..its a pop gem ...and 20yr should have been in the same way

Archived