Jimmy Jam Talks Janet's 'When I Think of You'

Disco Diva

I had no idea some of ya'll had issues with "When I Think Of Hits" ... :huh:

"When I Think Of Hits" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> other control singles

and Joe, TPP didn't hit #1 because it didnt deserve too. :umm: You would think that was the BEST song ever made the way y'all act. Puhleeeeeeeeeze. :mellow:

MAJOR FAIL

• Upvote 1

i see what Jimmy meant when he said "lessor track"... it's kinda in the league of "You Can Be Mine" & "He Doesn't Know..".. basically a filler... it's just that type of song.. that doesn't mean it's the worst track or it's not better than the other singles... Janet looked to it as a filler moreso a #1 hit

compared to that of CTRL, Nasty, WHYDFML... it has less to do with the theme of the entire album.

I'm not biased.. i think this song is better than Ctrl

and Joe, TPP didn't hit #1 because it didnt deserve too. :umm: You would think that was the BEST song ever made the way y'all act. Puhleeeeeeeeeze. :mellow:

MAJOR FAIL

Please! PP deserved to be in the Top 5 and who on the forum has over-reacted about PP? The video is everything

MAJOR FAIL

!!!

Is it me or does "When I Think Of Hits" sounds more universal than Nasty,WHYDFML,Control. Therefore, Im not surprised it was THE only one to hit #1.

I think thats because its not as "intimidating" as the other songs. Its light & carefree whilst the other 3 are hard and demanding. I still love WITOY though i can see why people see it as a lessor track.

...and i will cut the next bitch with a rusty blade who has ANYTHANG bad to say about PP :umm:

i see what Jimmy meant when he said "lessor track"... it's kinda in the league of "You Can Be Mine" & "He Doesn't Know..".. basically a filler... it's just that type of song.. that doesn't mean it's the worst track or it's not better than the other singles... Janet looked to it as a filler moreso a #1 hit

compared to that of CTRL, Nasty, WHYDFML... it has less to do with the theme of the entire album.

I'm not biased.. i think this song is better than Ctrl

I had you until you went there :umm:

I think thats because its not as "intimidating" as the other songs. Its light & carefree whilst the other 3 are hard and demanding. I still love WITOY though i can see why people see it as a lessor track.

...and i will cut the next bitch with a rusty blade who has ANYTHANG bad to say about PP :umm:

Exactly..its not as hard hitting like Nasty and WHYDFML ..which have a heavy urban sound. I would have bet my dollar on WITOY just like her brothers did over the other songs. It has #1 written all over it to me..moreso than the others.

OVERRATED! BRING IT. :coffee:

Exactly..its not as hard hitting like Nasty and WHYDFML ..which have a heavy urban sound. I would have bet my dollar on WITOY just like her brothers did over the other songs. It has #1 written all over it to me..moreso than the others.

OVERRATED! BRING IT. :coffee:

WITOY is good, but....it's not as defining as the other songs -_-

btw TPP (song and video) slay WITOY -_-

"we turn right and i say wrong, which brings us to a STOP....as the light is changing >>>> any lyric from WITOY

the best part of WITOY is hearing Janet say "ooooooooh", but i only like that live -_-

Is it me or does "When I Think Of Hits" sounds more universal than Nasty,WHYDFML,Control. Therefore, Im not surprised it was THE only one to hit #1.

It was the same as "How Will I Know" for Whitney. Just fun cute 80s songs. It deserved number 1 but the other songs did too. None of the hits sounded the same from that album and were all strong in their own right. :rolleyes: