Is it Usher's TIME yet???

janetDAYZ

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is he worthy of being acknowledged by winning SPECIAL awards of high achievement?

• Yes,its been LONG over due!!!!!!!!
    • Yeah,he should be gettin them by his next release
    • Um ...not quite yet..he needs a few more years..
    • Puhleeze that BITCH will NEVER see the day!!!!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember this interview Michael Jackson did in the studio with a reporter from some dumb ass station. Will.i.am was also in the studio with Michael. The guy interviewing Michael said "the only next big thing to you on your level is Justin timberlake" .... Michael gave him the most akward moment and face :mellow: Michael looked at will.i.am and they gave each other this look like 'wtf is he on' :lol: Michael then said "Well there's Usher" :thumbup: ... so if the LEGEND approves Usher over JT then i'm sorry but Michael gets the last say B)

Does anyone have good international figures of FS/LS and Confessions? Wiki says Confession sold about 20 million worldwide and FS/LS sold about 10 million WW. I think JT had more of an international impact but Usher's impact isn't exactly anything to sneeze at either.

Does anyone have good international figures of FS/LS and Confessions? Wiki says Confession sold about 20 million worldwide and FS/LS sold about 10 million WW. I think JT had more of an international impact but Usher's impact isn't exactly anything to sneeze at either.

urmmm Ushers impact on Confessions was HUGE worldwide ... that album tore through Europe like a mofo 3,4 million alone sold in Europe. I seen the impact of that album from the carribean to the US to Europe when it came out and it was huge

Anybody can get grammys these days and that don't mean shit. I had no idea Rihanna had 4 :mellow: no shade lol

If in todays industry, Rihanna can get 11 number ones and afew grammys and even get an album of the year nomination... that says a wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lot about the industry. The bar has been down graded dramatically. When I hear that Rihanna has all that, it means nothing to me. It seems like such a farse

urmmm Ushers impact on Confessions was HUGE worldwide ... that album tore through Europe like a mofo 3,4 million alone sold in Europe. I seen the impact of that album from the carribean to the US to Europe when it came out and it was huge

I know Confessions did well worldwide but I didn't know he was like that. But I know during that time he was a fucking phenom. As that album was breaking records in the R&b world, many ppl in the genre saw him as a potential legend (I know Patti Labelle said something like that during the time). Too bad, he kinda took a steep fall and that's questionable now.

I remember this interview Michael Jackson did in the studio with a reporter from some dumb ass station. Will.i.am was also in the studio with Michael. The guy interviewing Michael said "the only next big thing to you on your level is Justin timberlake" .... Michael gave him the most akward moment and face :mellow: Michael looked at will.i.am and they gave each other this look like 'wtf is he on' :lol: Michael then said "Well there's Usher" :thumbup: ... so if the LEGEND approves Usher over JT then i'm sorry but Michael gets the last say B)

There was no debate that he was Mike's biggest CARBON COPY. A few ppl even said it in this thread...so whats your point? :lmao:

JT is more of an OVERALL artist who's capable of more things then just singing and dancing. So this shit you posted means NOTHING to what MY argument was of what makes JT superior to Usher. I never stated he's a BETTER performer than Usher..so yeah...your "backup" of using Mike was not needed nor relevant to the argument at hand. :lol:

Are you NOT aware of how massive FS/LS was too??? :blink: :blink: International success. It was EVERYWHERE. You couldnt get away from "Sexyback", it was so massive it started becoming apart of ppls vocabulary. Everyone claimed to bring "sexyback"...he was the BIGGEST thing that year. No other artist was seeing him. Even Beyonce had to bow down to him that year because he outsold her too. Had a massive tour that grossed more than ANY of Usher tours. Usher could never gross 125 mill,period.

Are you NOT aware of how massive FS/LS was too??? :blink: :blink: International success. It was EVERYWHERE. You couldnt get away from "Sexyback", it was so massive it started becoming apart of ppls vocabulary. Everyone claimed to bring "sexyback"...he was the BIGGEST thing that year. No other artist was seeing him. Even Beyonce had to bow down to him that year because he outsold her too. Had a massive tour that grossed more than ANY of Usher tours. Usher could never gross 125 mill,period.

Right, and you only seen it from the US perspective. The reception that album recieved in Europe compared to Ushers confessions was NOTHING

Right, and you only seen it from the US perspective. The reception that album recieved in Europe compared to Ushers confessions was NOTHING

FS/LS was big for late 2006 - 2007. JT ws definitely the man of that time internationally, but he was not eating people alive like Confessions did. At least in the US, I know his sales and popularity were rivaled by that of the Disney explosion around the same time. A s 10 mill WW is considered exceptional, not phenomenal by any means. But it enhanced his star and made him a contender for legendary status nonetheless.

Archived