Is it Usher's TIME yet???

janetDAYZ

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is he worthy of being acknowledged by winning SPECIAL awards of high achievement?

• Yes,its been LONG over due!!!!!!!!
    • Yeah,he should be gettin them by his next release
    • Um ...not quite yet..he needs a few more years..
    • Puhleeze that BITCH will NEVER see the day!!!!

Yup, you're pressed. :lmao: Just admit it and move on.

What exactly has he done to warrant phenomenom though? Hell why wasn't/isn't Usher a phenomenon? And I don't even consider him one.

Hell, calling that Janet that at the peak of her career would be quite a stretch and she did more than he did.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2nd sentence is where you need to stop :mellow: Plenty of artists do that

Exactly! Justin is not considered no motha-fuckin' Pop Phenomenon :lmao: and I wonder who's lied and told anyone that Justin is. Even the people in this thread who are on Justin's side know damn well he ain't no Phenomenon lol

List them.

He's considered to be one.

I didn't say that. And JT didn't bring anything new to pop.

Yes, you did.

"but I do think he was a major part of the history of R&B, because no one else was doing some of the things he was doing."

and JT did introduce a new sound sound with Timbaland.

List them.

He's considered to be one.

Um Christina helped Ricky Martin climb the charts with his "Nobody Wants To Be Lonely", Missy recently helped Kate Perry get to no.1 with "Last Friday Night", Britney was added to Rihanna's "S&M" remix to get Rihanna another no.1. Must I go on? :filenails:

Um Christina helped Ricky Martin climb the charts with his "Nobody Wants To Be Lonely", Missy recently helped Kate Perry get to no.1 with "Last Friday Night", Britney was added to Rihanna's "S&M" remix to get Rihanna another no.1. Must I go on? :filenails:

DEAD at you mentioning a song from 2001. What about 2011?

Missy didn't help shit. Katy was already headed for #1 without her help.

Rihanna was going to get that #1 either way.

Do try again. :filenails:

Yes, you did.

"but I do think he was a major part of the history of R&B, because no one else was doing some of the things he was doing."

and JT did introduce a new sound sound with Timbaland.

ScarecrowComic.jpg

That didn't exactly say he brought something new. But rather that no R&B male was seeing the success he was seeing, therefore making him the face of male R&B.

That's the thing, I don't think Usher is a phenomenon. I just don't feel the need to overly bash him

Who's overly bashing him. You all are fighting us for feeling JT is superior to Usher. You all are the ones who cant take instead of just accepting that we feel how we feel.

DEAD at you mentioning a song from 2001. What about 2011?

Missy didn't help shit. Katy was already headed for #1 without her help.

Rihanna was going to get that #1 either way.

Do try again. :filenails:

Who cares what year it happened? :mellow: My point was proven...plenty of artists help others climb the charts so um yeah. Headed to no.1 don't mean they gonna get there. How many times was Janet headed to no.1 and stalled? Rihanna if i'm not mistaken along with plenty of other artists looked like they were headed for no.1 and stalled at no.2 or no.3 so maybe you're the one who needs to try again :coffee:

I rehashed that point in another post and the point I was making was that he was the face of R&B at the time.

No, he wasn't. Usher was a non-factor throughout the 90's. He became relevant in 1997 but even then he wasn't the face of R&B. Ch...

Who cares what year it happened? :mellow: My point was proven...plenty of artists help others climb the charts so um yeah. Headed to no.1 don't mean they gonna get there. How many times was Janet headed to no.1 and stalled? Rihanna if i'm not mistaken along with plenty of other artists looked like they were headed for no.1 and stalled at no.2 or no.3 so maybe you're the one who needs to try again :coffee:

>_<

I'm clearly speaking about CURRENT artist and CURRENT songs, genius. I don't need for you to dig through the archives.

We're not talking about Janet. :mellow:

When has Rihanna "stalled"? She has 11 #1's in just 6 years.

No, he wasn't. Usher was a non-factor throughout the 90's. He became relevant in 1997 but even then he wasn't the face of R&B. Ch...

I edited that post if you wanted to see it, but I specifically said late 90s to mid noughties, and I specifically said males because some female acts and groups were pretty successful at that time.

I'm clearly speaking about CURRENT artist and CURRENT songs, genius. I don't need for you to dig through the archives.

We're not talking about Janet. :mellow:

When has Rihanna "stalled"? She has 11 #1's in just 6 years.

name them NOW....don't fucking google....name a lyric hell :filenails: let me wrap it up for you in a bow, in 6 years no one will be able to :asham:

Archived