Is it Usher's TIME yet???

janetDAYZ

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is he worthy of being acknowledged by winning SPECIAL awards of high achievement?

• Yes,its been LONG over due!!!!!!!!
    • Yeah,he should be gettin them by his next release
    • Um ...not quite yet..he needs a few more years..
    • Puhleeze that BITCH will NEVER see the day!!!!

He's been a recording artist for 17 years. He's had successful tours. RIAA ranks Usher as one of the best selling artist in history having sold over 23 million in the US. He's sold somewhere around 65 million records worldwide. He's basically the next generation after Mike,Janet,Madonna,etc...to have that sort of success and the potential of iconic status but has he MADE HIS MARK YET? Is he worthy of winning the special awards yet? Has he made an impact?

Thoughts?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I don't follow his career(Not here for MJ-Demos), what are his stats? I see the albums sold, but what about rankings, influence, fanbase, chartings, etc.? I usually say artists should have about 20 years in, mostly for longevity sake, but some I have given leeway to if they've at least hit the 15-year mark.

As much as I dont care for him I will say I feel he's paid his dues (or at least close). What other MALE artist of his generation was as popular as him and sold as many albums as him from 97' on up til now (even tho his star has faded a bit)? You cant sell that many albums, easily. Cultural impact? ..Im not so sure of but everything else I would say he's "checked" off on. His catalog does seem to hold some kind of weight and he's been a household name. I feel he's worked hard but his hard work has slightly been overlooked imo.

I never understand why this forum seems to hate Usher so much.

His influence and impact is questionable and will only be determined in the years to come, but there is no doubt that he was the biggest male R&B cat of his generation. But at this point he's just basically holding on for dear life lying in bed with dance/electro music. Many R&B fans the slobbered over him during Confessions and previous albums are pretty much over him.

I guess you have to ask yourself what impact has the artist had on the industry and those coming up? With Usher he has been around a good minute now so I'm kinda leaning towards him getting something, but I kinda don't want him to yet, because them lifetime achievement awards signal your best is behind you and I want him to keep pushing out records, I'm just glad Justin Timberlake sat his pink ass down. :filenails:

His influence and impact is questionable and will only be determined in the years to come, but there is no doubt that he was the biggest male R&B cat of his generation. But at this point he's just basically holding on for dear life lying in bed with dance/electro music. Many R&B fans the slobbered over him during Confessions and previous albums are pretty much over him.

I'm one of those fans that will always check out what he put out, not too many artists can claim every time they make a move a whole fan base is checking for it no matter what. I mean from Janet to R Kelly I would pretty much buy anything they put out because they were the most reliable acts.

Thats what makes me wondering is THAT why his accomplishments has been overlooked to even consider him for the high achievement awards,at this point. Like when Janet started winning all her BIG awards was during A4u era when she was still HOT and selling...Maybe he needs another successful album for them to acknowledge him.

I guess you have to ask yourself what impact has the artist had on the industry and those coming up? With Usher he has been around a good minute now so I'm kinda leaning towards him getting something, but I kinda don't want him to yet, because them lifetime achievement awards signal your best is behind you and I want him to keep pushing out records, I'm just glad Justin Timberlake sat his pink ass down. :filenails:

Beyonce's already getting shit BEFORE Usher ...that must be embarrassing :lol:

Thats what makes me wondering is THAT why his accomplishments has been overlooked to even consider him for the high achievement awards,at this point. Like when Janet started winning all her BIG awards was during A4u era when she was still HOT and selling...Maybe he needs another successful album for them to acknowledge him.

who do you want to see acknowledge him? I mean these awards are kinda shaky now at best, I mean the Grammys are about all that really go down in the history books and those are looking kinda rocky at best too, I mean come on Kanye still can't get album of the year? Bullshit :filenails:

He sells but I think that's because his competition sucks. Current male r&b artist are terrible

Well he was out back when music was still competetive. Its not his fault that the others weren't rising to the occasion. :huh: That's just like Beyonce....its not her fault the other bitches are scared to rival her..thats why she's winning. Old Usher and Beyonce are very parallel in that way except Bee has passed him to iconic status..

Beyonce's already getting shit BEFORE Usher ...that must be embarrassing :lol:

Beyonce to be honest is a media whore, she has a publicity machine running 24/7 so in a way is she getting the shit because her shit is that good or is she buying her way? Besides the last thing Usher needs is a publicity machine running 24/7 on him cause all dis mess wit miz horse face thang and dem babies...no sir Usher doing just fine as long as them checks rolling in. :filenails:

who do you want to see acknowledge him? I mean these awards are kinda shaky now at best, I mean the Grammys are about all that really go down in the history books and those are looking kinda rocky at best too, I mean come on Kanye still can't get album of the year? Bullshit :filenails:

AMA..Billboard..hell,even Soul Train can give that boy something. :lol:and Lady Of Soul.

The only thing people refer to when it comes to Usher is Confessions. That's all and that doesn't make him worthy of being honored in any shape or form. You can talk to any R&B fan and they wouldn't list Usher as someone who has contributed to R&B.

He sells but I think that's because his competition sucks. Current male r&b artist are terrible

why? Do you think maybe the media is not putting the acts on? I look at BB top 100 and the top 10 sounds like something I could hear in a gay bar, that tells me all I need to know about what radio is spinning and not. Black acts have always been creative, Kanye and them fucking beats can't nobody tell him shit about his production skills, so I find it hard to believe there aint one brutha out here doing R&B hungry as hell to give us something fresh. Frank Ocean?

Beyonce to be honest is a media whore, she has a publicity machine running 24/7 so in a way is she getting the shit because her shit is that good or is she buying her way? Besides the last thing Usher needs is a publicity machine running 24/7 on him cause all dis mess wit miz horse face thang and dem babies...no sir Usher doing just fine as long as them checks rolling in. :filenails:

As cocky as Usher is Im surprised he doesnt ASSERT himself more these dayz to somewhat "demand" high honors.

The only thing people refer to when it comes to Usher is Confessions. That's all and that doesn't make him worthy of being honored in any shape or form. You can talk to any R&B fan and they wouldn't list Usher as someone who has contributed to R&B.

Oh no, honey that is not the biz, he has had several hits before and after, he toured as Janet's opening act well before Confessions, I just think we don't break a brutha off his due something proper, I bet folks think Justin Timberlake is a great artist, with all of 2 fucking albums...Ch. :filenails:

Archived