Songs that shouldn't have flopped

bu.

:mellow:U'z a GOTDAMN LIE :mellow:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :whistle:

:mellow:

Y'all are just some [Khia] TIRED, THROUGH and DELAYED muthafuckas [/Khia].

That song was on its way to #1 before that titty decided to pop.

----

Hot Off an Incredible Superbowl Performance New Janet Jackson Song 'Just a Little While' Spreads Like Wildfire

Sunday February 1, 9:01 pm ET

Overwhelming Worldwide Demand Prompts Virgin to Immediate Digital Delivery Of Song to Radio Stations Throughout the World

Hotly Anticipated New Album, DAMITA JO, Will Be Released March 30th

NEW YORK, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- "Just A Little While," a new song from the highly anticipated upcoming Janet Jackson album DAMITA JO, has created a firestorm of interest, starting in the U.S. and quickly spreading throughout the world. Although not officially chosen by the record company as the first single, the unauthorized Internet download of the track has created hysteria, from radio programmers to consumers to Janet's rabid fans. Due to the overwhelming demand and downloading of the single, the infectious song, co- written and produced by proven hitmaker Dallas Austin, will be digitally distributed to radio stations all over the world Monday February 2nd at 7 AM EST.

The song's release comes on the heels of Janet's triumphant return to the spotlight with her performance as the featured artist at today's Super Bowl XXXVIII, where she headlined the spectacular halftime show.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hot-off-an-incredible-superbowl-performance-new-janet-jackson-song-just-a-little-while-spreads-like-wildfire-58668647.html

:mellow:

Y'all are just some [Khia] TIRED, THROUGH and DELAYED muthafuckas [/Khia].

That song was on its way to #1 before that titty decided to pop.

----

Hot Off an Incredible Superbowl Performance New Janet Jackson Song 'Just a Little While' Spreads Like Wildfire

Sunday February 1, 9:01 pm ET

Overwhelming Worldwide Demand Prompts Virgin to Immediate Digital Delivery Of Song to Radio Stations Throughout the World

Hotly Anticipated New Album, DAMITA JO, Will Be Released March 30th

NEW YORK, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- "Just A Little While," a new song from the highly anticipated upcoming Janet Jackson album DAMITA JO, has created a firestorm of interest, starting in the U.S. and quickly spreading throughout the world. Although not officially chosen by the record company as the first single, the unauthorized Internet download of the track has created hysteria, from radio programmers to consumers to Janet's rabid fans. Due to the overwhelming demand and downloading of the single, the infectious song, co- written and produced by proven hitmaker Dallas Austin, will be digitally distributed to radio stations all over the world Monday February 2nd at 7 AM EST.

The song's release comes on the heels of Janet's triumphant return to the spotlight with her performance as the featured artist at today's Super Bowl XXXVIII, where she headlined the spectacular halftime show.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hot-off-an-incredible-superbowl-performance-new-janet-jackson-song-just-a-little-while-spreads-like-wildfire-58668647.html

Imma need y'all to go back in time and remeber a few things.

The ONLY reason the song had so much hype was because it was the first release since the whole SB thing,naturally ppl would be ampted to hear what was coming. The song FAILEd because it was just not that great. Its,easily the weakestt most terrible single she has ever released.

I dont exactly count Judas as a flop it did go top 10, I count a flop anything below top 20

Peak has nothing to do with success.

"Judas" only charted at #10 due to ITUNES SALES. It's radio airplay increased for only three weeks and stations began to drop it. It fell hard and didn't last on the BB Hot 100 for a month. That's definitely a flop.

In my opinion, a song that debuts at #1, then falls to #20, and then falls to #79 is not a hit. A hit song must have either or solid airplay, decent digital sales, and longevity.

Peak has nothing to do with success.

"Judas" only charted at #10 due to ITUNES SALES. It's radio airplay increased for only three weeks and stations began to drop it. It fell hard and didn't last on the BB Hot 100 for a month. That's definitely a flop.

In my opinion, a song that debuts at #1, then falls to #20, and then falls to #79 is not a hit. A hit song must have either or solid airplay, decent digital sales, and longevity.

I agree, there will always be time where artist achieve high chart positions due to name and career momentum. It's just a matter of whether the song sustains it's popularity.

It should have burned up on pop radio.

It wouldn't have. I love the song and the video, but this genre is no where near current mainstream trends. So the song was very successful granted that sound was far from mainstream. I hope this thread does not get too wrapped up in the Billboard Hot 100.

It wouldn't have. I love the song and the video, but this genre is no where near current mainstream trends. So the song was very successful granted that sound was far from mainstream. I hope this thread does not get too wrapped up in the Billboard Hot 100.

Neither was the biggest song of the year but that didn't stop it from burning up the charts.

Archived