Amerie is a present day R&B goddess

LyricalLesson

Fuck sales and chart status shit for a minute.

I was just listening to the bulk of this woman's catalog, and though I've been a big fan of her for years and years, I've never truly realized just how excellent the bulk of her body of work is.

"I Just Died"

"Got To Be There"

"Why R U"

"Paint Me Over"

"That's What U R"

"Gotta Work"

"R&B Girl"

"Why Don't We Fall In Love"

"Can't Let Go"

"Need You Tonight"

"1 Thing"

"More Than Love"

"Nothing Like Loving You"

"Rolling Down My Face"

-Just to name a few-

She has really stayed true to R&B, and has done it with an original swagger. Unique voice, filled with such passion and emotion! Truly phenomenal music, great performer and severely underrated and top notch artist in general in my eyes. I think she's looking to shift gears with her upcoming project and do some other type of music, but I honestly hope she reconsiders because she's one of the only younger female singers left in the game that is a legitimate R&B artist.

I have all of her albums (except for BILI, need to order it online) and have been a fan since she made her debut.

My favorite songs are "Why Don't We Fall In Love", "Show Me", "All I Need", "Rolling Down My Face", "Crush", "Red Eye", and "Dear John"

TELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: By FAR her best song EVER. :thumbup:

But anyway ..some of y'all are trippin. Her 2nd album is a god awful shitty ass mess. :mellow: It was a a complete fail of a follow up to her flawless debut.

In her defence, she would have had to shit on herself to top her debut. I happen to love Touch :umm:. The only song i dont like is the title song.

Archived