LyricalLesson

In my humble opinion of course...

Adele's "Rolling In The Deep", "Fire To The Rain" and "Someone Like You"

Any Winehouse's "Rehab", "You Know I'm No Good", "Years Dry On Their Own"

Duffy's "Mercy", and "Stepping Stone"

Marsha Ambrosius' "Far Away" and any of her Floetry work

Jessie J's "Price Tag" and "Domino"

Ms. Dynamite's "It Takes More", "Dy-Na-Mi-Tee" and "Put Him Out"

Though most of these songs range from great to exceptional...NONE of them compare to the magic that is...:

So unique, yet so familiar. So fresh, yet majorly nostalgia inducing. So simple, yet so substansial. So smooth. So catchy. Classic sounding :blush: To this day I rock this song line it just came out yesterday :wub: Every thing is perfection with this record: the lyrics, the delivery, the fantastic rap by Kanye West the adlibs, the mesmerizing production :blush: it's become one of my favorite songs ever, it takes my mind on a journey every time I hear it. Brilliant. :wub:

'American Boy' is brilliant. I don't rate it quite as high as some of the others listed (or some which aren't) but it still shines. I agree that the magic is in its simplicity.

Amy Winehouse :blink:

oh that's right... you make lists when you die

Bitch, what sorry rock have you been living under? Amy Winehouse was lauded long before she passed. :rolleyes:

In my humble opinion of course...

Adele's "Rolling In The Deep", "Fire To The Rain" and "Someone Like You"

Any Winehouse's "Rehab", "You Know I'm No Good", "Years Dry On Their Own"

Duffy's "Mercy", and "Stepping Stone"

Marsha Ambrosius' "Far Away" and any of her Floetry work

Jessie J's "Price Tag" and "Domino"

Ms. Dynamite's "It Takes More", "Dy-Na-Mi-Tee" and "Put Him Out"

Though most of these songs range from great to exceptional...NONE of them compare to the magic that is...:

So unique, yet so familiar. So fresh, yet majorly nostalgia inducing. So simple, yet so substansial. So smooth. So catchy. Classic sounding :blush: To this day I rock this song line it just came out yesterday :wub: Every thing is perfection with this record: the lyrics, the delivery, the fantastic rap by Kanye West the adlibs, the mesmerizing production :blush: it's become one of my favorite songs ever, it takes my mind on a journey every time I hear it. Brilliant. :wub:

I loved how you missed out your wifey Alesha Dixon :umm::whistle:.

Everyone seems to forget about Joss Stone and Corinne Bailey Rae too. Alexandra Burkes' voice is wasted on weak material <_<

Hot DAYUM! :o I can't believe I forgot Joss Stone ("Fell in Love With A Boy"), Corrine Bailey Raw ("Like A Star", "Put Your Records On"), Leona Lewis ("Bleeding Love" & "Better In Time") and my baby girl ALESHA DIXON ("Lipstick") as well as a ton of Miss-Teeq songs.

Forgive me. Blame the mind, not the heart.

Either way..."American Boy" STILL wins imo. The song is pure perfection :) Estelle isn't even my favorite out of all the aforementioned ladies, but I cannot.deny the stranglehold that this song has on my psyche :blush:

• 3 months later...

I gotta bump this. I'm fuckin' loving the hell outta "Domino"! I remember Selz told me about Jessie J's album but at the time I didn't like it. Maybe I need to give it another try because "Domino" is the shit and then some.

kimp3.gif

Yasssss I am obsessed with that song!

I gotta bump this. I'm fuckin' loving the hell outta "Domino"! I remember Selz told me about Jessie J's album but at the time I didn't like it. Maybe I need to give it another try because "Domino" is the shit and then some.

kimp3.gif

You know, I always think about when I recommended that album to you :asham: It's definitely the type of gig that needs to be given time. I liked it before, but in the last couple of weeks I've just gone NUTS for her :excited:

You know, I always think about when I recommended that album to you :asham: It's definitely the type of gig that needs to be given time. I liked it before, but in the last couple of weeks I've just gone NUTS for her :excited:

Maybe if you would have waited to now... :whistle::lol: I'm sure I would like it now. I need a break from this dance wave. -_-

And I recently discovered it's fucking awesome for a treadmill :lol:

And it's great for dancing too. :blush:

Archived