Does Madonna think she's better than Janet and do y'all think Janet will learn

JoeJoe

I was trying to find the clip where she said TVR stage was too small and she thought the AFY stage was a bit too big for dancing

Well I completely agree with her...that by far was her hugest stage...waaaaay too much space :lol: But she didnt realize that when they started rehearsing? She act like she had no choice but to roll with it. :lol:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I completely agree with her...that by far was her hugest stage...waaaaay too much space :lol: But she didnt realize that when they started rehearsing? She act like she had no choice but to roll with it. :lol:

I'm not sure how that goes, but that stage technically did a lot of things, the band was lowered and raised, the video screens changed size, I wonder what she could have continued to come up with in later years had things not gotten derailed.

Madonna comes off cocky, but dedicated to her work and craft. She's not perfect or the best entertainer (and she knows this), but is able to take whatever she does to a new level.

Janet doesn't need to take a page from Madonna's book, she needs to focus on what works for HER. It would be great to see Janet continue to make herself the spectacle on stage rather than 1000 props and set pieces.

OMG..Did Cher buy Janets TVR stage from her? THat shit looks completely identical .. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know how that works, all I can do is think of what makes sense, an artist gets their paper from touring and if you want to make the most you really save here and there, with Cher, she got a ready made stage that she just redid here and there to make it work for her, think about the money not spent on set design, materials and construction. I am sure Janet was on Cher's Christmas card list that year, and think about Janet she gets to recoup the costs of a set, that is assuming she has anything to do with the costs of it I don't know, it may all be the promotors

Madonna comes off cocky, but dedicated to her work and craft. She's not perfect or the best entertainer (and she knows this), but is able to take whatever she does to a new level.

Janet doesn't need to take a page from Madonna's book, she needs to focus on what works for HER. It would be great to see Janet continue to make herself the spectacle on stage rather than 1000 props and set pieces.

I disagree if you look at the major acts now, most concerts are a spectacle, the ticket buying crowd wants to see a show, a great show, including an artist that entertains and performs. It's a lot about the set and props now .

I disagree if you look at the major acts now, most concerts are a spectacle, the ticket buying crowd wants to see a show, a great show, including an artist that entertains and performs. It's a lot about the set and props now .

Great shows have a perfect medium...a well-presented stage, the band, and showmanship of the artist, not where the props outshine and overshadow the performer. I feel like most of these major acts rely too heavily on the spectacle.

Great shows have a perfect medium...a well-presented stage, the band, and showmanship of the artist, not where the props outshine and overshadow the performer. I feel like most of these major acts rely too heavily on the spectacle.

sure there needs to be a balance, but I still enjoy props, I didn't hear Janet fans complain about the whimsicals which were props, that was until she kept on doing them tour after tour.

sure there needs to be a balance, but I still enjoy props, I didn't hear Janet fans complain about the whimsicals which were props, that was until she kept on doing them tour after tour.

That was a segment of the show, it wasn't as though every song she did needed some huge distraction of props. I didn't attend any shows until #1s, so I never complained about any of the sets.

Do people go out to see Cher just to hear the hits and nothing else? I am askingn because it seems that for the most part, people don't know or get excited over her normal album tracks :unsure:

DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AFTER LIFE was that on an album or just a single?.. I never heard anything other than that song...

DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AFTER LIFE was that on an album or just a single?.. I never heard anything other than that song...

It's from the album Believe and that album is kinda cute. She had 2 more semi-hits with that album over here.

I don't know, it just kinda looks like ppl go watch her because she is Cher and because of 4 or 5 hits (im talking about solo) she had. Kudos to her for still getting ppl that hyped to watch her shows though

It's from the album Believe and that album is kinda cute. She had 2 more semi-hits with that album over here.

I don't know, it just kinda looks like ppl go watch her because she is Cher and because of 4 or 5 hits (im talking about solo) she had. Kudos to her for still getting ppl that hyped to watch her shows though

Is that really all she had?? :unsure:

I'm sure half the people that attend are drag queens.. lol

Is that really all she had?? :unsure:

I'm sure half the people that attend are drag queens.. lol

no, i'm exaggerating :lol:

:asham: Her fanbase is huge

She's so over the top with her clothes and everything that it draws ppl in i guess. And her music covers a lot of eras so i guess that helps

I use Cher the actress, the musician never really moved me.

Archived