TMZ Reporting that Whitney Died

Utopia

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly was disappointed with Whitney's sister-in-law and Clive Davis giving their speeches.

The sister-in-law sounded like she was at the Grammys as she was thanking everyone on Whitney's team, and she was going on about Whitney's troubles. Just STFU about that shit right now.

And Clive was the most disappointing to me. He's known Whitney for like 30 years, but he gave just about the most impersonal speech. It sounded like he was reminiscing of all the times Whitney made him some money. It wasn't until the end that he gave any kind of personal stories.

Kevin Costner surprised me with his speech and I gained a whole new level of respect for him. I think he had the favorite tribute for me.

I honestly do not understand why Kevin costner was asked to be there ? I know he made a film with Whitney but I just didn't see the relevance in him being there. I'm sure there were people closer to Whitney who would have wanted to speak

Her FIRST film, excellent reason to be there. Not to mention it had to be obvious how much he loved her. I mean LOVED her. I, for one, love the fact he was there and was asked to speak. His words were the best part. I also doubt there were people who were told they couldn't speak in place of him.

Her FIRST film, excellent reason to be there. Not to mention it had to be obvious how much he loved her. I mean LOVED her. I, for one, love the fact he was there and was asked to speak. His words were the best part. I also doubt there were people who were told they couldn't speak in place of him.

did he ask ? I thought they asked him to come

did he ask ? I thought they asked him to come

He wanted to go anyway, and they sent him an invitation. As far as how he was aligned to speak, I'm not sure who made that call and how. However, I do know that anyone who really wanted to speak and had a good relationship with her would have been allowed, knowing the family. But also with what went on, I think there were some who may have wanted to speak but were too broken up to go through with it. It was her funeral after all.

Alicia was clearly sad. Her nose was red from crying. Some of you say stoopid things :rolleyes:. I'm sure Alicia and Whitney had a lot of encounters since they have Clive in common and Whitney touched everybody she encountered.

I didn't really listen to Clives speech. Sorry but old people talk SO slow. from the bits I saw I was like :umm:. I like that Whitney liked hamburgers though.

You know whats funny...Kevin Costner was the last person i was looking forward to hearing from as I thought "meh they worked together once so what could he possibly say" but his speech was by far one of the best (along with that Bebe Winans one).

This is the first time I've ever seen a real non-Islamic funeral.

I honestly do not understand why Kevin costner was asked to be there ? I know he made a film with Whitney but I just didn't see the relevance in him being there. I'm sure there were people closer to Whitney who would have wanted to speak

He had the best tribute IMO.

And I'm still side-eying the HELL outta Aretha for canceling because she had leg spams, but the SAME night is performing in NYC and dancing.

Alicia was clearly sad. Her nose was red from crying. Some of you say stoopid things :rolleyes:. I'm sure Alicia and Whitney had a lot of encounters since they have Clive in common and Whitney touched everybody she encountered.

I didn't really listen to Clives speech. Sorry but old people talk SO slow. from the bits I saw I was like :umm:. I like that Whitney liked hamburgers though.

You know whats funny...Kevin Costner was the last person i was looking forward to hearing from as I thought "meh they worked together once so what could he possibly say" but his speech was by far one of the best (along with that Bebe Winans one).

This is the first time I've ever seen a real non-Islamic funeral.

That dude would have sung that song the same way at any other event..

Archived