The Official 2012 Grammy Awards Thread

TwistedElegance™

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i wish the hair was a lil darker or at least had highlights but yeah i liked that piece she did with the dancers i was like ok, get it! shes getting better in the performing aspect of things, she looks more confident on stage too

Yea, she looks better with darker hair. And so does Beyonce, but she will never give up that blonde.

Yes. I'm not a fan of her performances, but I REALLY love We Found Love, and I think she got better with that performance as the song went on. So I was pleased.

The show....what else :unsure: boy to come in here playing with my feelings that will get you slapped around and throw u on the bed :shifty:

I'm happy for Adele ^_^

And this has been a humbling year for Gaga and it's the best thing. From Madonna calling her reductive to becoming The Invisible Woman at the grammys, I think she's gonna get back to work and keep her mouth shut about it.

yeah i wish the hair was a lil darker or at least had highlights but yeah i liked that piece she did with the dancers i was like ok, get it! shes getting better in the performing aspect of things, she looks more confident on stage too

she gave a lot more energy I enjoyed it, brought me back to her album, wish she woulda did another track off it tho

I'm happy for Adele ^_^

And this has been a humbling year for Gaga and it's the best thing. From Madonna calling her reductive to becoming The Invisible Woman at the grammys, I think she's gonna get back to work and keep her mouth shut about it.

you know when she did the New Years gig, a lot of folks around me said she was the new Madonna for this generation, you don't get those kinda compliments and not have something about you, I think she had a lot of pressure to do a great album, great albums don't happen because you set out to do them they happen because the magic is there, I still love her debut, and like I said when I watch this video I cry:

So Adele made history tonight. She is the first female artist to have won all four of the major categories:

-Best New Artist (2009)

-Album Of The Year (21) (2012)

-Song Of The Year (Rolling In The Deep) (2012)

-Record Of The Year (Rolling In The Deep) (2012)

Christopher Cross achieved the feat in 1981.

Wow! Amazing ^_^

That's how I feel. And like ALS said, they could've chopped that second McCartney performance or something else to do a proper tribute to Whitney. -_-

And the important part of that song is the ending. They just cut it short.

Paul McCartney is performing now, and I honestly couldn't care less. #watchingforAdele

So Adele made history tonight. She is the first female artist to have won all four of the major categories:

-Best New Artist (2009)

-Album Of The Year (21) (2012)

-Song Of The Year (Rolling In The Deep) (2012)

-Record Of The Year (Rolling In The Deep) (2012)

Christopher Cross achieved the feat in 1981.

really I love "Sailing" by Christopher Cross

And the important part of that song is the ending. They just cut it short.

Paul McCartney is performing now, and I honestly couldn't care less. #watchingforAdele

I think it went down like this, who wants to get cut from the show to make room for a Whitney tribute? No one, because Grammy exposure is record sales, I also think they did not have the time to change things and do a proper tribute....but one will happen.

that's what I said...told ya'll ...someone with better sense finally hits the stage...umm excuse me Bu and I are holding you to finishing your True You story, Im not holding my breathe... J Hud IMO could not sing Whitney's song because her voice was not "airy" enough to do it, her voice is not bad but it is not of the caliber Whitney was

I'm glad she didn't try to sing exactly like Whitney because people would lose their minds.. No one can sing exactly like her.. Jhud did her thing..

Archived