The Official 2012 Grammy Awards Thread

TwistedElegance™

!!! -_-

Your sig is beautiful, btw.

Thanks. I stole it -_-. It made me tear up a bit when I saw it. I don't know why, but I just expected her to overcome her troubles and live a longer life. When I was younger, I wanted to perform like Janet but be able to sing like Whitney; she was the ultimate vocalist to me -_-

Side note: what the hell at the best R&B album nominees? :mellow:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I stole it -_-. It made me tear up a bit when I saw it. I don't know why, but I just expected her to overcome her troubles and live a longer life. When I was younger, I wanted to perform like Janet but be able to sing like Whitney; she was the ultimate vocalist to me -_-

Side note: what the hell at the best R&B album nominees? :mellow:

Created or stolen, it's all good taste. -_- Shut UP! I wanted to perform like Janet and be able to sing like Whitney! :lol: Really though, she's been there since the beginning. She was my childhood like so many others. I don't think it's sunk in yet. I'm thankful I got to witness her live before she passed. Even if she wasn't 100% I'm still thankful.

Created or stolen, it's all good taste. -_- Shut UP! I wanted to perform like Janet and be able to sing like Whitney! :lol: Really though, she's been there since the beginning. She was my childhood like so many others. I don't think it's sunk in yet. I'm thankful I got to witness her live before she passed. Even if she wasn't 100% I'm still thankful.

Michael and her will live on in their music, and the fact no one is like them and will never be....Whitney has some truly timeless classics

:lmao: Those were my top divas with Mariah and Madonna up there. I used to roll in the damn grass trying to recreate the Dreamlover video, which was a shame because I had REALLY bad eye allergies when I was young. My eyes used to puff up :lol:

Whitney represented a childhood hero for me. God knows I've always loved a ballad, and to me, nobody does a ballad like Whitney. She had an aura about her that not a lot of people have. I wish I had witnessed her live; I do regret that. Her and Michael passing is like watching them take a piece of my childhood with them, and it's a shame I never not got to see both live when they were still here. I was hoping he would bring his last concert to LA because I was saving to buy tickets just in case, and then the news came.

In the meantime I need to get my ass to bed :wave:

Good night :)

I'm honestly really happy for Adele. She caught my attention with Chasing Pavements, and I bought her album 19, and I just KNEW I would be anticipating her second album, and what a monster 21 has turned out to be. It's good to see her work recognized.

whitney-proud.gif?w=380

Even though hotboy and I called it first. -_- Still love it. :lol:

:lmao: Those were my top divas with Mariah and Madonna up there. I used to roll in the damn grass trying to recreate the Dreamlover video, which was a shame because I had REALLY bad eye allergies when I was young. My eyes used to puff up :lol:

Whitney represented a childhood hero for me. God knows I've always loved a ballad, and to me, nobody does a ballad like Whitney. She had an aura about her that not a lot of people have. I wish I had witnessed her live; I do regret that. Her and Michael passing is like watching them take a piece of my childhood with them, and it's a shame I never not got to see both live when they were still here. I was hoping he would bring his last concert to LA because I was saving to buy tickets just in case, and then the news came.

Nnooooooo! :lmao:

I so get what you mean about them taking a piece of your childhood. I was fortunate enough to see Michael too, and seeing what's unravelled these last few years just makes me cherish those memories even more.

:lol:

He's such a shit. :asham:

And Angie, I think this is a great opportunity to thank you again for this place. Giving us somewhere to meet for the Grammys and to process a tragedy like Whitney's passing is something we may take for granted. As much as we're talking about memories this will become one. We'll all remember where we were and what we were doing the day we heard about Whitney. Thank you.

And Angie, I think this is a great opportunity to thank you again for this place. Giving us somewhere to meet for the Grammys and to process a tragedy like Whitney's passing is something we may take for granted. As much as we're talking about memories this will become one. We'll all remember where we were and what we were doing the day we heard about Whitney. Thank you.

-_-

I've taken the liberty to dedicate my signature to her. -_-

I should have been more confident. You know the Grammy committee favors that "less commercial" music. In hindsight, Adele was gonna sweep, and she just did that. -_-

They're hard to pick sometimes though. They love a curve ball. I get that they like to favour "less commercial" music, but when they do so by honouring Bon Iver for BNA about 4 years after their debut it's a little hard to not see right through it.

Aww ^_^

As always, you guys are VERY welcome. I may not always be here, but I know this place is being put to good use.

Just finished watching Adele's performance. I liked it. She has a certain attitude when she performs and I like that.

My husband Bruno had my favorite performance of the night. I also loved Jennifer's touching tribute, my wife Rihanna, Tony Benet and Carrie Underwood, Chris Brown, and surprisingly, Taylor Swift.

I have to re-watch Katy Perry and The Band Perry's. But I was underwhelmed with the majority of performances and lack of awards being passed out. No GaGa. :(

Archived