Simon Cowell "Flattered" By Janet Jackson's Interest In Joining X Factor

TwistedElegance™

Sorry if posted.

Simon Cowell is once again discussing the upcoming cast changes for his second season of X Factor, and while confirming that they are looking for two ladies to fill the open spots on the judges panel and a man and woman as co-hosts, he's keeping quiet about potential replacements Janet Jackson and Britney Spears, who have both expressed interest in the reality competition!

He explains:

"I couldn't comment on it. Are we flattered that there could be interest? Yes. Other than that, there's going to be a lot of twists and turns over the next few weeks and a lot of things we're going to announce."

And on the hosts:

"It's almost impossible to have one person doing this hosting job. You've got so much information now on telephone lines, the integrations of the sponsors — [the hosts are] like newscasters now. I think you can see a very different chemistry with two people. I always wanted a boy and a girl to host the show. I think that's definitely going to happen now. I think we've learned how we can make the show better. I like the fact that it's got very competitive now [against The Voice and American Idol]. It's kind of exciting."

Ha! We think that they only person getting super competitive over the other singing competitions is you, Simon!

But that's okay! We love a good challenge - and we would LOVE Brit Brit and Janet as judges on X Factor!

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-23-simon-cowell-talks-janet-jackson-britney-spears-x-factor

^^^Right. A one season deal would really get Janet back in good graces with the public, and today's generation wouldn't just know her as the boob lady. Plus the exposure would be immeasurable, and Janet performing on X-Factor would almost guarantee a successful album or single.

^^^Right. A one season deal would really get Janet back in good graces with the public, and today's generation wouldn't just know her as the boob lady. Plus the exposure would be immeasurable, and Janet performing on X-Factor would almost guarantee a successful album or single.

there is not really much to add to this..hit the nail on the head as always

I don't know Janet always said she wanted to mentor people and write or produce for other people so it doesn't really surprise me that she showed interest , and you know damn well britney is probably begging :thumbdown: but if Simon is samrt he's going with Janet and probaly either Pink or Katy Perry ( who he said he wanted for the show)

Janet Officially Declines 'X Factor' Gig

From the moment The X Factor let go of Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger, speculation ran rampant as to who will fill their mentor seats in season two.

Simon Cowell Talks New X Factor Hosts

On February 22, Simon Cowell revealed that Paula and Nicole would be replaced by two women, so naturally a short list of A-list ladies (who need no surname) began to formulate: Mariah. Britney. Pink. Janet.

Meet The American Idol Top 24

Well, you can officially cut that list by one, because Janet Jackson tells TheInsider.com that she is "very flattered that X Factor let me know that I was being considered for next season, but it just wouldn't be possible."

Citing a previous commitment to her Number Ones Up Close and Personal Tour (which kicks off again this summer) and Lionsgate (the studio behind Tyler Perry's movies), Janet simply felt taking on a TV gig would be "unrealistic" at this time.

Janet Jackson Talks Nutrisystem

Janet's team added, "There have been absolutely no meetings between Janet and anyone with regard to X-Factor," so apparently her rumored participation was simply a fan fabrication. Although it's easy to understand why the hit-maker's name would be bandied about, since she's topped the charts for more than three decades!

http://www.theinsider.com/tv/50099_Janet_Jackson_Declines_X_Factor_Job/index.html

Well the tour is introducing her to new audiences and reclaiming the old. I think it's better for her career and her image than X-Factor, that is, if it's promoted well enough. It's also more appealing since they get to see her in action as opposed to just giving advice. Not to mention the movie. Moreover, I'm very happy with her choice.

Do your thing, baby! :wub: I'm with you 100% :wub: :wub:

What is the point of trekking round the world with her tour when she has already done loads of dates to build up her fanbase when if she wanted to reach people she could judge on the x factor and hit millions more people? It make cheryl cole huge in the uk

What is the point of trekking round the world with her tour when she has already done loads of dates to build up her fanbase when if she wanted to reach people she could judge on the x factor and hit millions more people? It make cheryl cole huge in the uk

Though Janet never had a "official" meeting with them, more than likely talks fell through between Janet's camp and Simon/X-Factor's camp.

If everything had worked out I'm sure the tour would have been postponed.

Archived