'Carrie' remake

Kim

Moretz to star in 'Carrie' remake

Child star Chloe Moretz has landed the leading role in a movie remake of Stephen King’s chilling horror tale Carrie.

The Hugo actress, 15, will portray possessed teenager Carrie White in the supernatural film, taking on the part made famous by a young Sissy Spacek in director Brian De Palma's classic 1976 adaptation.

Filmmaker Kim Pierce will direct the new project and Moretz is thrilled at the prospect of bringing Carrie to a new generation.

In a Twitter.com post on Tuesday, she writes, "Never been so happy in my life! Thank you Kim Pierce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!"

Author King's bestselling novel was also turned into a TV movie in 2002.

----

I've never seen the original, so I don't really care about it. :lol: But I loved this girl in Kick-Ass! ^_^

I cannot believe y'all haven't seen Carrie!!! -_- You gotta find it online and watch it! It's crazy, funny, eerie, sad and "explosive"! Pipa Laurie & Sassy Spacek's weird lookin' ass did the damn thang, very entertaining movie. A very young John Travolta also stars in the movie :lol: his role is a hoot.

Hollywood is almost entirely boring now. Remake after remake after remake. Blah. Doesn't Stephen King have a book that hasn't been adapted yet if they really wanna go that route? I mean, shit...

But the original was good. If they remake The Shining though...ooooooooooh girl, no.

The original Carrie was disturbing and quite sad. -_-

It was basically a combination of "precious" and "the craft". Stephen Kings earlier novels and short stories often centered around Bullying. "Christine" dealt with some of the same issues as Carrie and he even wrote a short story about a young boy who holds his class hostage at gunpoint. This was like 25 years before columbine. He was ahead of his time. I hope they do Carrie justice. I mean the original is ICONIC!!!!

Rob Zombie should direct, since his remake of "Halloween" got it right. :good:

TBQH, there really isn't a need to remake this classic movie. Unless they are trying to bring focus to bullying or whatever. But anyway, for the ones who hasn't seen the original with the phenomenal Sissy Spacek should go rent it or download it. It was very good! And kudos to the lady who played in the original and then went to play in the sequel(only to suffer her fate). :whistle:

TBQH, there really isn't a need to remake this classic movie. Unless they are trying to bring focus to bullying or whatever. But anyway, for the ones who hasn't seen the original with the phenomenal Sissy Spacek should go rent it or download it. It was very good! And kudos to the lady who played in the original and then went to play in the sequel(only to suffer her fate). :whistle:

this :clapping:

Archived