Simon Cowell rejected Britney Spears for X-Factor

jarrylf

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/idiotbox/simon-cowell-rejected-britney-spears-for-x-factor_108590.htm

Short article:

Los Angeles: Music mogul Simon Cowell reportedly isn`t excited about the prospect of Britney Spears joining the judges` panel of X-Factor.

The pop star has apparently expressed interest but Cowell thinks Spears won`t be able to deliver good advice, reported Us magazine.

"Simon`s worried she won`t be able to deliver good advice, and he`s afraid contestants won`t take her seriously," a show insider said of the British producer, 50, who doesn`t

want his program`s brand associated with the formerly troubled teen idol.

When it comes to filling the vacant spots on the panel, Cowell is also hoping to sign on someone with a little more experience in the business.

"He`ll probably go more in the direction of Mariah Carey or Janet Jackson," the show source added.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

..................................building ma damn hopes up again, how dare they :hmph:

Real talk tho, I couldnt ever see Britney doing this and being taken seriously. But you know what.... I think if Janet and Mariah BOTH did it together...........itd be MEGA, think of the numbers, think of the popularity, I mean ideally he should get 1 vocalist and 1 entertainer (not 1 or the other) and finding both in 1 with over a certain amount of years of success and iconic status is not an easy find. Plus both Janet and Mariah have massive and dedicated fans who'd boot this show UP. But if Janet really does pass on it, I think it should still be a legendary vocalist and a legendary performer. Like old enough to know the biz in & out and has had career ups and downs, but young enough to still be cool, and have kids this generation actually know who they are.

y'all acting like Britney's picking the next Michael Jackson

everyone who comes out of these singing contests flop left and right... they need the ratings.. end of story Lol

Simon needs the show to be a HIT. Yes he needs ratings and yes Britney would bring them in initially. But, the trainwreck factor will wear thin if she sucks. Its alot of money to throw away on someone if they arent reliable.

I heard about that. I don't think Jessie would do it tbh. She doesn't seem fazed by money at all so I think her loyalty to The Voice isn't even a question.

She isn't motivated by money, she's more interested in finding a really good current artist.

Archived