OBAMA ENDORSES SAME SEX MARRIAGES

lexus97

I was always under the impression Jay was a homophobe (based on lyrics). Either way, this is just another step in the right direction. Change is on the horizon, people. :thumbup:

:sigh: We get it Jay-Z, you and Kanye have an album out. All the stars with albums out have something to say about the issue :rolleyes:

:sigh: We get it Jay-Z, you and Kanye have an album out. All the stars with albums out have something to say about the issue :rolleyes:

Discipline must have a longer shelf life than we thought, cuz Janet had something to say too.

• Upvote 3

I just saw Obama's interview on the View. Elizabeth tried it!!!!! LOL Obama set that bitch straight. She thought she was gonna score some points for the Republicans and she got embarrassed.

President Obama corrected Elisabeth Hasselbeck about his position on gay marriage on Tuesday's "The View."

Obama announced that he believes same-sex couples have the right to marry last Wednesday. Shortly afterwards, Hasselbeck, who has been a vocal supporter of gay marriage, raised criticism that he has "long held both positions" on the issue.

On Tuesday, the president appeared on the daytime show for his first interview since the announcement. He spoke about how he arrived at his support of same-sex marriage.

Hasselbeck wanted to know how he would approach the issue differently now. She argued that he and Mitt Romney "actually agreed personally on the definition of marriage" until last week. She wondered how Obama would "move things forward any more than Mitt Romney in terms of leaving it to the states. Because at this point, you both said leave it to the states to decide."

"Elisabeth, that's actually not true," Obama responded. "OK," Hasselbeck replied.

Obama said that Romney wanted a "constitutional amendment," which "federalizes" a ban on gay marriage.

Later, Hasselbeck also brought up an old interview in which Obama said he would be held "accountable" for the economy in 2012. "How do you grade yourself honestly in terms how you've done in terms of economics? she asked him.

Obama replied that his administration "still [has] work to do."

The View

To be honest, she's right. They did have the same view on gay marriage. As far as his opponent, you don't leave it to the states. What I hate about America is that the states want to act like they're separate countries instead of one huge country.

United States Of America sounds like an oxymoron in regards to gay marriage. If you leave it up to the states, then 31 of them do not approve of gay marriage. It needs to go higher than the "states".

I just saw Obama's interview on the View. Elizabeth tried it!!!!! LOL Obama set that bitch straight. She thought she was gonna score some points for the Republicans and she got embarrassed.

i saw that. tumblr_m4dko1PJpj1rwcb8xo1_100.gif

United States Of America sounds like an oxymoron in regards to gay marriage. If you leave it up to the states, then 31 of them do not approve of gay marriage. It needs to go higher than the "states".

so true. it reminds of this quote from ms. george michael:

"Your political system is actually too democratic. The fact that Americans vote on every bill and proposition can prolong bigotry indefinitely, especially where it is aimed at minority groups."

#clocked

i saw that. tumblr_m4dko1PJpj1rwcb8xo1_100.gif

so true. it reminds of this quote from ms. george michael:

"Your political system is actually too democratic. The fact that Americans vote on every bill and proposition can prolong bigotry indefinitely, especially where it is aimed at minority groups."

#clocked

I can't find the lie.

gallery_7_4_69607-vi.png