Brandy and "Put it Down"....what's going on?

How did anything I write say I am not a Brandy fan? I wasn't hating on her or saying shes trash, or needs to go sit down or anything of the sort. I responded to her quotes from an interview she gave. I didn't say nary a thing about Drum life, or what she has or has not recorded in 4 years time.

Did you read what I posted? They asked her about a Timbaland reunion for THIS ALBUM. She said she was trying to hook up with him for a track as an answer so why you went on to talk about her recording for fun I have no idea. That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I wrote what I wrote because you seemed upset that she was still recording for this album. I was letting you know that it's not unusual for a lot of artist to record till the last minute. She actually has been in the studio with Timbaland in Miami earlier this year, but it was for Timbaland's Shock Value 3 not for her album. I was stating that even though she wants to work with him, like last time, it may not happen in time.

i think a lot of people are jumping the gun. Her album isn't due to come out until Aug. Put It Down isn't due for radio adds until June 5. Some radio stations are playing it, but that's just because they want to. Right now RCA is focused on getting Usher and Chris Brown out and then they will push Brandy. Let's be honest, it's almost like she has to reintroduce herself to the music scene. So, all the people who are trying to hold her up to her standards she set in the 90's are being delusional.

I think when B said the reception...she meant that many seemed to like her new sound. She didn't mean chart position....because chile.....nevermind. :umm:-_-

I'm really mad at Brandy and her team right now. This is Brandy's chance....and she is not #winning the way i need her to be.

lost me at "new sound"... especially since this "new sound" of "hers" isn't good...

oh and you lost me at "This is Brandy's Chance".... :umm:

i think a lot of people are jumping the gun. Her album isn't due to come out until Aug. Put It Down isn't due for radio adds until June 5. Some radio stations are playing it, but that's just because they want to. Right now RCA is focused on getting Usher and Chris Brown out and then they will push Brandy. Let's be honest, it's almost like she has to reintroduce herself to the music scene. So, all the people who are trying to hold her up to her standards she set in the 90's are being delusional.

:lmao: like you?

Well that sucks if her and Monica wont end up hitting the road together. Ppl been looking foward to that for years.I think it would have done nothing but HELP the both of them...they could have used each other in a sense to regain relevance. With a joint tour being highly publicized and possibly having good-great reviews and them releasing singles off their albums..it would have done wonders for both of them. They could have milked the hell out of the Brandy/Monica thang....business-wise it would have been smart..but o'well, Brandy wants to fight the good fight alone but she has a hell of alot of "fight" ahead of her.

Well that sucks if her and Monica wont end up hitting the road together. Ppl been looking foward to that for years.I think it would have done nothing but HELP the both of them...they could have used each other in a sense to regain relevance. With a joint tour being highly publicized and possibly having good-great reviews and them releasing singles off their albums..it would have done wonders for both of them. They could have milked the hell out of the Brandy/Monica thang....business-wise it would have been smart..but o'well, Brandy wants to fight the good fight alone but she has a hell of alot of "fight" ahead of her.

they can't regain relevance :umm: but it will help their career, yes.. put money in their pockets, yes... but they will never be on top or near the top like they once were

Brandy thinks she's better than that.. that she should have her own show and dreaming big... but reality will once again hit her if she ever releases that flop album... Brandy prolly made another fucked up decision regarding her career

they can't regain relevance :umm: but it will help their career, yes.. put money in their pockets, yes... but they will never be on top or near the top like they once were

Brandy thinks she's better than that.. that she should have her own show and dreaming big... but reality will once again hit her if she ever releases that flop album... Brandy prolly made another fucked up decision regarding her career

It can be done..to regain relevance for 15 minutes and then go back to being a flop. Look at Mariah..

Charmbracelet - Flop

TEOM - GREAT COMEBACK

E=MC² - who cares

:coffee::lol:

It can be done..to regain relevance for 15 minutes and then go back to being a flop. Look at Mariah..

Charmbracelet - Flop

TEOM - GREAT COMEBACK

E=MC² - who cares

:coffee::lol:

LOL Mariah is different than Brandy and Monica... MC has stepped out the R&B format a long time ago... Brandy & Monica has not... MC has a much LARGER following... of different races and people around the world.. B&M not so much (Monica hasn't sold many world wide.. all her sales has been in the US).. Brandy lost her WW appeal before and after Never Say Never

MC is a legend.. with THREE albums hitting 20 or more million world wide... Brandy's come close with one album hitting 16million... and Monica hasn't came close at all..

i can go on and on... but you can't compare Mariah to these two 90s has-beens

LOL Mariah is different than Brandy and Monica... MC has stepped out the R&B format a long time ago... Brandy & Monica has not... MC has a much LARGER following... of different races and people around the world.. B&M not so much

MC is a legend.. with THREE albums hitting 20 or more million world wide... Brandy's come close with one album hitting 16million... and Monica hasn't came close at all..

MC can tour alone for the most part... Monica and Brandy cannot

i can go on and on... but you can't compare Mariah to these two 90s hasbeens

I'm aware that Mariah has covered alot more ground and a billion times more legendary than them but lets not split hairs here. :lol: The point I was making is that they could have been "the talk of the town" had or if they decided to ride this thing out. It could carry them into next year. I didn't mean "relevant" as in they have locked in their spot in this musical climate and aint got shit to worry about...hell no. I mean they would be "the talk" ..thats all..and possibly earn platinum sells for both albums. It would be a step into the right direction for their careers certainly. What would they have to lose, thats why I'm a little surprised Brandy is having a change of heart.

I'm aware that Mariah has covered alot more ground and a billion times more legendary than them but lets not split hairs here. :lol: The point I was making is that they could have been "the talk of the town" had or if they decided to ride this thing out. It could carry them into next year. I didn't mean "relevant" as in they have locked in their spot in this musical climate and aint got shit to worry about...hell no. I mean they would be "the talk" ..thats all..and possibly earn platinum sells for both albums. It would be a step into the right direction for their careers certainly. What would they have to lose, thats why I'm a little surprised Brandy is having a change of heart.

Brandy claims she's in a "different place with her music"... Whatever that means

Give Brandon some time and he will see that this tour will support her

• 2 weeks later...

And again.....what. is. going. on? :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: Does she think the single will sell itself? She's going to flop again and i'm really over her for this lack of attention. She stays on twitter talkboutsum "Brandoms" and all this shit. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Bitch start promoting this damn song and this new album.... :sigh: I'm mad at Mrs. B-Rocka. :filenails:

The song just went for adds on radio on Wed. Let's see where it charts next week

Sorry to say they waited to long.. Nowadays you have to release that single once you put it out there.. The only way you can get away with it, is if you're a newer artist. Then it would need time to build up..

They might as well call this a buzz single and REALLY prepare for the next one.. Did they push the album back because I thought it was supposed to be released this month? :unsure:

:rolleyes:

The singles doing what I knew it would but was hoping it wouldn't, and now pushing back the album............ :sigh: does not look good. I alwasys knew no good can come from her and him workin together, might as well be her and Ray J, people want BRANDY she needs to drop a 3rd single like yesterday

The singles doing what I knew it would but was hoping it wouldn't, and now pushing back the album............ :sigh: does not look good. I alwasys knew no good can come from her and him workin together, might as well be her and Ray J, people want BRANDY she needs to drop a 3rd single like yesterday

i'm guessing the album is being pushed back cause Usher, Chris, Bieber, and a few others are releasing their albums this month and the next.

You mean second right?