Brandy and "Put it Down"....what's going on?

Chile Brandy might as well push it back until the damn spring. :sigh::rolleyes: I'm really over her right now for letting this project stall like this. :umm:

How is she letting the project stall? The song was just sent to radio 3 days ago. The record label is trying to push out Usher and Chris Brown so they can then focus on her. Brandy said that they are in talks to try to get her a performance on the BET Awards. Frank Gatson will also be working with her for the video.

How is she letting the project stall? The song was just sent to radio 3 days ago. The record label is trying to push out Usher and Chris Brown so they can then focus on her. Brandy said that they are in talks to try to get her a performance on the BET Awards. Frank Gatson will also be working with her for the video.

Are you happy with they way they are handling her?

She needs to go through that album and look for a song that is somewhat radio friendly but has that Brandy touch on it that everyone wants. She needs to focus on the R&B charts for a number one..

She needs to go through that album and look for a song that is somewhat radio friendly but has that Brandy touch on it that everyone wants. She needs to focus on the R&B charts for a number one..

YOU BETTTA PREACH, that put it down song wont do enough, and it's showing that, and it's not her fault or shit Brown, it's more so the lack of promo after this amount of time, which is not much, we know, but by NOW she should be doing more, but I think that song is so beneath her...but I do want success for her, and I dont know if this is the song for it or not, I mean it's not Run The World awful, but it's not Brandy's best, at all, and I think it's a bad 1st single choice, I hope she changes it to a "buzz" single like Mary J. did with that shitty "someone to love me".

I'm pretty sure they recorded two versions of it...a different one for each album

You do know that artist record plenty of songs that don't make it on the album. When the label released her press release, they marketed "Put It Down" as her first single.

:umm: Well.....i guess. I just want Brandy to win this era. She said it herself....this is make or break for her. And IMO she is NOT starting on a good foot. I hope she recovers.... -_-

• Upvote 1

Am I happy--no, but I understand why they are proceeding with caution.

Most people remember her last hit as What About Us? from 2002. After that, it was fake marriage and accident drama. Her albums after that (Afrodisiac and Human) didn't do well sales wise. Brandy feels like this is her make it or break it album. the musical climate is much different than when she started in the 90's. Brandy's sound from the 90's won't work in today's music world. Brandy herself said that if you want the Brandy from the 90's, then you need to buy one of her 90's album.

Put It Down is very Brandy in my opinion. Name one artist today who would sing and interpret that song they way she did. I just think that most people think "ballad" when they think Brandy but she has need just been a ballad singer.

Look at the charts and tell me how many slow R&B songs are on the charts-- not many. She's trying to be current and fun and I like that. I know that her album will have a signature Brandy ballad but for radio and her first single, it wouldn't be played. Maybe as a third single after she reestablishes herself.

I think the flop reunion with Monica has made her go into panic mode and retreat back to the drawing board.

It All Belongs To Me was supposed to bring them both back to the top of the R&B game, but it didn't. At best, the reunion reminded people of The Boy is Mine and probably sold 20 more copies on iTunes.

Am I happy--no, but I understand why they are proceeding with caution.

Most people remember her last hit as What About Us? from 2002. After that, it was fake marriage and accident drama. Her albums after that (Afrodisiac and Human) didn't do well sales wise. Brandy feels like this is her make it or break it album. the musical climate is much different than when she started in the 90's. Brandy's sound from the 90's won't work in today's music world. Brandy herself said that if you want the Brandy from the 90's, then you need to buy one of her 90's album.

Put It Down is very Brandy in my opinion. Name one artist today who would sing and interpret that song they way she did. I just think that most people think "ballad" when they think Brandy but she has need just been a ballad singer.

Look at the charts and tell me how many slow R&B songs are on the charts-- not many. She's trying to be current and fun and I like that. I know that her album will have a signature Brandy ballad but for radio and her first single, it wouldn't be played. Maybe as a third single after she reestablishes herself.

Words cannot express how much I hate that response with any artist I like, because for me personally, Im not asking for her to go out and make a replica of Never Say Never, when I say I miss the Brandy from the 90's I mean the quality of songs that Put It Down just does not have, and it's not about how she sings it, to put it simply this song would've worked for 23 year old 2012 Brandy (maybe even be perfect for her), NOT 33 year old, Im not wanting her to stick to anything but quality, and each era to me post Full moon seemed to have less and less of that with this song and It All Belongs To Me included in that. I realized it's not even that signature Brandy ballad I want as far as that signiture BRANDY top quality top lyrical song I want, something to stand up with those 1st 3 albums and above the last 2. Be current and fun, but...top quality, and something innovative and does not sound like whats out there. I mean even with it being Shit Brown, I cant stand him, but they could've done a much better song which I was expecting.

I just cant help it, when a artist shows me real quality, I'm gonna be looking for it from them every time, it's what I feel separates them from just another R&B singer or pop singer. You seem to be pretty confident which is good, stand by ya girl, but it's just starting to look cloudy over the whole era.

You do know that artist record plenty of songs that don't make it on the album. When the label released her press release, they marketed "Put It Down" as her first single.

I'm talking about It's All About Me supposedly having 2 versions... I know artists record lots of songs...especially brandy who seems to have more unreleased songs than released.