Brandy and "Put it Down"....what's going on?

:asham:

:lmao:

Can't knock her hustle though. She was taking FULL advantage of that 5 seconds of screen time. :lmao:

That's probably the biggest promotion she's had since performing Who Is She To You at Ellen in 2004/5.

She actually promoted that album? :lol: I don't remember that era at all. :lol:

:lol:. I remember her performing on Talk About Our Love on TOTP, CDUK, and a BET show :lol:. WIS2U on Ellen. Afrodisiac on TOTP too :lol:.

The only thing that I remember from that era is when I downloaded the album. :lol:

:lol:! I remember being frustrated I couldn't download it as my Internet was down though I'd heard it leaked so I went to school and downloaded it there :lmao:!

:lol:! I remember being frustrated I couldn't download it as my Internet was down though I'd heard it leaked so I went to school and downloaded it there :lmao:!

Someone was determined. :lol:

Looking at the cover on my iTunes just reminded me that people were shading the hell out of her fivehead. :lol:

Someone was determined. :lol:

Looking at the cover on my iTunes just reminded me that people were shading the hell out of her fivehead. :lol:

I just shaded her on Twitter :tear:. Rihanna go dreads. So I said "Brandy should go back to braids. She might get a hit single again!"

So now she is saying that she is in a "different place musically" and might want to do her own thing instead of touring with Monica.

Fans of Brandy and Monica's "It All Belongs To Me" shouldn't hold their breath to hear the ladies sing the song on tour together. While talking about her upcoming album, Two-Eleven, Brandy revealed that a tour won't likely happen. She said,

“Honestly, we haven’t really talked about it since we stopped promoting “It All Belongs to Me,” Brandy confessed to Bark Bite. “I just honestly think Monica and I are in different places in our music. And my vibe is a little bit different this time around so I don’t know. I kind of wanna do my own thing,” Brandy says. “I definitely feel like the fans would want a tour from us, but I don’t know, I just feel like I’m being pulled in a different direction. I’m definitely still open to it, but right now I’m looking in a different way right now for me.”

Here are highlights from the interview:

So is Bangladesh doing the bulk of the album or just a few tracks?

Brandy: He definitely set the foundation for the sound of the album, but I took a chance with this album because usually I work with one producer and kind of go out a little bit just to do the fill-ins or the ballads. But I really ventured out and worked with a lot of different people this album. Rico Love is a big part of the album, Ester Dean...just different people.

Is there any chance of a reunion with Timbaland for this album?

Brandy: We're working on that. I was supposed to record with Timbaland a couple of weeks ago, but you know sometimes when you're that much of a genius, sometimes your schedule kind of goes four or five different ways so we're trying to lock him down to stay in one place so I can actually go and work with him. But I definitely don't want to let this album go out without us at least trying to let the magic happen.

You've already worked with Frank Ocean in the past, but you're said to have completed work with him for the new album, right?

Brandy: Yeah, I love Frank Ocean. I tease him all the time that I knew before everyone else knew how special he was. It's always great to work with him, he's such a young genius just coming into his own.

He gave me a great song called "Scared of Beautiful" and I think the meaning of that record is just so huge. It could be taken in so many different ways and there are so many double entendres going on in that song. Just people who are afraid to succeed, people who are afraid to love, people who are afraid of being the best version of who they are. That's how it can relate to everyone. I really hope that it makes the album, I really hope it does.

Tell us about the new single. How's the reception been for "Put It Down"?

Brandy: Oh my god, the reception has been amazing. :blink::unsure: The core fans are loving it, they can't believe how different it is for me. And I love taking risks in music and it's great to challenge yourself to be different. That's what I love about the song. I can't wait till it really hits the radio waves and we do the video for it and it really takes off.

If shes still trying to get Timbaland in the studios for tracks she ain't even done recording the album? This is just messy. She needed to have been done already. And a joint tour would be her best bet for exposure and getting paid. She better call Monica and get that thing done. More people would pay to see them both than one or the other alone. And together they could do bigger venues than karaoke nights at local bars.

So now she is saying that she is in a "different place musically" and might want to do her own thing instead of touring with Monica.

If shes still trying to get Timbaland in the studios for tracks she ain't even done recording the album? This is just messy. She needed to have been done already. And a joint tour would be her best bet for exposure and getting paid. She better call Monica and get that thing done. More people would pay to see them both than one or the other alone. And together they could do bigger venues than karaoke nights at local bars.

I can tell you aren't a Brandy fan by what you write. Brandy is always recording. Timbaland didn't make the album last time because they went into the studio too late. Drumlife didn't make the album because she recorded it after the album was done. Brandy hasn't had an album in 4 years, but she's been in the studio the entire time. She just likes to record.

I can tell you aren't a Brandy fan by what you write. Brandy is always recording. Timbaland didn't make the album last time because they went into the studio too late. Drumlife didn't make the album because she recorded it after the album was done. Brandy hasn't had an album in 4 years, but she's been in the studio the entire time. She just likes to record.

That's good for those people that are song writers/producers.. Is she paying these producers for tracks that go nowhere?

That's good for those people that are song writers/producers.. Is she paying these producers for tracks that go nowhere?

Despite what most of the people on here think, the producers actually seek her out. A lot of her songs that leak are only demos. Some producers make her record songs just for their personal collection. They say she is like the fastest person in the studio. Producers are always on Twitter sending her messages about songs they want her to record. The reason she isn't finished recording now is because producers keep sending her songs

She's obviously delusional if she thinks she can tour alone and the fact that she lied about her flopping single is another WTF Moment

How did she lie about her single? :mellow:

Her fans do love it, and non fans seem to like it as well. It needs to be sent to radio like yesterday. :filenails:

How did anything I write say I am not a Brandy fan? I wasn't hating on her or saying shes trash, or needs to go sit down or anything of the sort. I responded to her quotes from an interview she gave. I didn't say nary a thing about Drum life, or what she has or has not recorded in 4 years time.

Did you read what I posted? They asked her about a Timbaland reunion for THIS ALBUM. She said she was trying to hook up with him for a track as an answer so why you went on to talk about her recording for fun I have no idea. That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

How did she lie about her single? :mellow:

Her fans do love it, and non fans seem to like it as well. It needs to be sent to radio like yesterday. :filenails:

I guess she didn't lie... She's just being delusional on thinking its going to "take off" after it leaking online a month or more ago.

Once someone has a song... They prolly won't buy it for 99 cent