Official Food Thread

jarrylf

Last night I tried Menudo, it reminded me of Chtilins like the taste was really gaimy and strong (it is cow stomach if you dont know), but when smothered in hot sauce and it was delisious, like the sauce changed the taste completely. It's not something I'm gonna ever crave, but it's not something I dont have to ever try again

i LOVE menudo

you can use pig or cow stomach

some will also add pigs feet for added flavor

traditionally in south Texas we eat it with chopped onions, crackers, and lots of lemon juice

its oh so good

and its good for hangovers!

OMG SO CAN I, I think I might like cold Pizza more than microwaved Pizza (I really dont mind either 1). Yea for me I WILL put ice in soup to stabelize dem temperatures, BUT on ICY cold Detroit snowy days, or when I'm sick, bring it to me right off the stove.

My fave soup will always be my moms chicken soup where she'll put a whole chicken in a pot, with fresh vegitables and seasoned down to the bone, cooked over night, then ofcourse get all the bones out that you can and ENJOY, I am tellin you, it'll give the blind SIGHT lol. It's a easy thing to do, but I think we all have those mom, grandma, etc. food that tho we can make it, its never the same, and I got all the seasonings she uses and the exact timing, but to me mines so dont measure up, but I just learned it and shes been making that for over 30 years so it's really 2 different things lol.

I love my mom's Tex Mex chicken tortilla soup

eating that will always be "home" for me

I made it once and it was good, but not as good as my moms. She cooks her for 2 hours

i LOVE menudo

you can use pig or cow stomach

some will also add pigs feet for added flavor

traditionally in south Texas we eat it with chopped onions, crackers, and lots of lemon juice

its oh so good

and its good for hangovers!

Now I love ma Pig feet lol, yea it's something I think I'd have to grow to LOVE, or grow up with. Which is your favorite (cow or pig)?

I love my mom's Tex Mex chicken tortilla soup

eating that will always be "home" for me

I made it once and it was good, but not as good as my moms. She cooks her for 2 hours

I SOOOOOOOOOOO Prefer cold Chili to burning hott off the stove, cause me and my family do so many spice blends, that when it's fresh off the stove, its not so obvious, but when it's room temp or refrigerated, it's soooo good.

Now I love ma Pig feet lol, yea it's something I think I'd have to grow to LOVE, or grow up with. Which is your favorite (cow or pig)?

I like both

but usually when my mom makes it, she will use cow over pork

it just depends on which is the freshest when she buys it

whats funny, growing up I HATED the cow stomach. So I would make my mom or dad fish out the hominy and serve me that lol

it was up until 13 years ago that I started eating the stomach too

I SOOOOOOOOOOO Prefer cold Chili to burning hott off the stove, cause me and my family do so many spice blends, that when it's fresh off the stove, its not so obvious, but when it's room temp or refrigerated, it's soooo good.

i HATE chili lol

being from Texas EVERYONE freaking loves it

but i cant stand it

whats worse is that I have to make it at work lol

I like both

but usually when my mom makes it, she will use cow over pork

it just depends on which is the freshest when she buys it

whats funny, growing up I HATED the cow stomach. So I would make my mom or dad fish out the hominy and serve me that lol

it was up until 13 years ago that I started eating the stomach too

I was like that with cooked fish, I HATED it till I was like 16. And today it's like my favorite meat to eat.

i HATE chili lol

being from Texas EVERYONE freaking loves it

but i cant stand it

whats worse is that I have to make it at work lol

LOL OMG, I had my screen at half size, and so I thought you said "Tex Chicken Chili". LOL. Funny we're like in the same boat with that, I like Chili when I have it, but I WILL NEVERRRR ask for it lol, I dont think I have ever asked for it lol, and I've never had Chili so good I will ask for it lol.

Eating fried Haddock fish with fries. Absolutely delicious :thumbup:

That sounds good, I just had the most perfect piece of Catfish, which is 1 of my fave fish to eat, but I do it rarely now (laying off the fried foods a bit) but it was seasoned to perfection, wasnt over fried, and the inside was soooo juicy wooooooo oooooo ooooo!!! mmmm lol. They gave me Tatar sauce with it....you know I didnt even look at it twice cause there was no need for it...oh wait I did use it on my fries.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I just got finished with some honey barbecue chicken, some barbecue ribs, potato salad loaded with eggs and pickles (the way I like it), corn, Macaroni & Cheese (loaded with 5 cheeses), and Red Velvet Cupcakes and peach cobbler

• 6 months later...

I just bought a slow cooker today. I was so excited! It was also on sale. :w00t: (Gawd, has my life come to this? Getting excited for a new appliance? :asham::sigh:-_- )

Currently cooking curry chicken drumsticks with potatoes, carrots, and onions. We'll see how it turns out. ^_^