Soulja Boy Claims He Wrote Willow's 'Whip My Hair'

TwistedElegance™

While Willow Smith continues to rake in sales with her hit "Whip My Hair", Soulja Boy is stepping in to take credit for her debut single. According to Soulja Boy, he's the one who actually penned the popular hit hence why she uses one of his trademark lines. Speaking on the track, he told his over 1 million followers on Twitter:

2q8ordf.jpg

Moving past the Billboard hit, Soulja Boy also says that he's looking for the next female superstar to add to his SODMG label in 2011.

wgulpt.jpg

As previously reported, Soulja Boy recently released his The DeAndre Way album but experienced poor sales, moving only over 13,000 copies in the first week.

Willow was spotted in New York for "Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve" Friday where she performed the Soulja Boy ghostwritten track.

http://hiphopwired.com/2011/01/03/soulja-boy-claims-he-wrote-willow-smith’s-“whip-my-hair”/

Didn't Willow clearly state that she wrote the track? Or was it just me?

Some Jackson dude and another woman along with Willow wrote it. I don't think he wrote it just because she mentions swag. If that's the case Floperi, Ciara and the 106 & Park hoodrat artists wrote it too.

He said he ghost wrote it; which means he wouldn't have gotten credit for it. Brick. :excited:

Well if you publicly announce it, that defeats the purpose of "ghostwriting" right? Also, songwriting credit has legalities that you don't know about. So it's best you stop while you're ahead. :dance:

Well if you publicly announce it, that defeats the purpose of "ghostwriting" right? Also, songwriting credit has legalities that you don't know about. So it's best you stop while you're ahead. :dance:

Not at all. And I am well aware of the songwriting credit legalities; this is not what is at hand here. Thanks. >_<

Archived