Discography Chat: Faith Evans

jarrylf

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Faith Evans album?

• Faith (1995)
    • Keep The Faith (1998)
    • Faithfully (2001)
    • The First Lady (2005)
    • A Faithful Christmas (2005)
    • Somethin About Faith (2010)

faith.jpg

Faith Evans, I dont know about yall (cause her name never comes up here), but I loove this womens voice, her voice (IMO) is like Mary J.Blige & Mariah Carey's voices had a baby, only without Mariah's range, it's more of Mariahs soft sound and polished tone, yet it has that Mary "pain" sound in her voice, it's kind of unique when you look at it like that. I also have to admit that I'm a bigger fan of Faith herself and her image and story than her music, but she has some really great music, and I think she's definitely a album aritist like her single choices could've been better with all the albums, so lets get to it.

Faith, Very nice debut, very soft and great R&B 90's sound, I remember when it was new, I HONESTLY HONESTLY thought "You Used To Love Me" was Mary J. Blige, and "Soon As I Get Home" was Mariah, honest to god lol. I didnt have a clue who Faith was till "Love Like This", but I discovered this album like 06ish, and I really appreciated when I did. My standout tracks are You Used To Love Me (OFCOURSE), Soon As I Get Home (thats my beggin song, she sang the fuck outta that shit, she wasnt even ma women but I wanted to hug her and tell her "ITS OK BABY I FORGIVE YOU COME ON BACK!!!"). Aint Nobody, and her & Mary on Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Reasons, No Other Love, and Fallin In Love.

Faithfully, ah...... LOVE LIKE THIS WAS/IS ALLLLLLL THAT MATTERS!!!! In theory its a really enjoyable 1998 album as a whole, some nice groovy dance tracks, some ballads (most of which I werent feeling this era). Love Like This.... DAMN I think this song is sooo good, and so perfectly an example of how I call her voice Mary & Mariahs baby, and that BEAT IS SICK, and the way she sangs it. I always thought Never Let You Go was a lil overrated, I like it but I dont love it, I forget abotu it. I like All Night long, good party song, I LOVE Keep the faith, and Life will pass you by.

Keep The Faith, My hands down favorite album, WOOOO this album/era is VERY much my 2002, THAT SHIT WAS HOTTT, from You Get's no Love, that song is just...."I KNOW IT's NOT TO GHETTO" "Whatever You Do It, Will Come Back To You, Bitch", "just cause I letchu get some, dont make you the one, we aint even in love"...........if you know me, you know I'm really into those last 2 LOL, FAIIIITH!! that was ma jam from the 1st listen, and then bitch was rappin, go head girl. THEN........BITCH COMES WIT MISSY WIT Burnin UP?!?!?!?! :excited::yahoo: DAMN HOTTNESS, on the dancefloor, Missy killed her part, Faith sounded sexy as hell and was lookin good in the video. Then that sweet old school jam "I Love You" And that sweet Carl Thomas duet, loved it. That was her best singles era in my opinion HANDS DOWNNNN. From the album I love Dont Fight The Feeling (BURNIN UP REMIX) naturally, Faithfully, Alone In the world, Do your time, and Brand new man. I love the album as a whole and think she really should've released majority of the songs from this album

The First Lady (FINALLY a title without "Faith" in it), I LOVE the album, and Again, thats another song thats SOOO me (except the 2nd verse ofcourse), but I soooo feel and live the chorus of it more than everything on the album honestly and the beat and style of it. I LOVE Mesmerized, it reminded me of Beyonce + Mary. It's a JAM at a party, and that video was hottness. I also love I dont need it, Stop N Go, Lucky Day and Do My Thang. This was a era where I liked the era and her more than the album, but I love Again.

A Faithful Christmas (we back to putting faith in titles now huh), I expected better/more, but I like it, specifically The Day Love Began, Soulful Christmas, Santa Baby, and Merry Christmas Baby

Something About Faith, GONE ALREADY IS SOOOO UNDERRATED,it's kinda to 1 tone tho, but I like the chours. And I like Your love, Right here and party, his era kinda... deserved to flop tho, she shoulda came harder.

I really wish Faith would kick the next album/era up a notch (like Mesmerized was a step in the right direction, so was the whole Faithfully era) I think she should come in a way thats not predictable like the last 1, she also needs to come with a new look, new hair color new style, grown & sexy like the last era, but something fucking NEW, thats what I want from Faith.

My Ranking is

1.Keep The Faith

2.Faith

3.First Lady

4.Faithfully

5.A Faithful Christmas

6.Something About Faith

My next Discography chat (either Wed's or next Sunday) will be another red head (or former red head)either P!nk (pink hair so red's involved lol) or Rihanna or Keyshia Cole, those are the next 3, but the order they're coming you wont know, so you gotta brush up on all 3.

My previous installments of Discography chat

Usher-

Aaliyah-

Alicia Keys-

TLC-

Toni Braxton-

Paula Abdul-

Missy-

The Spice Girls-

En Vogue-

Destiny's Child-

Mariah Carey- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8877-discography-chat-mariah-carey/

Whitney Houston- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8920-discography-chat-whitney-houston/

Ludacris- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9324-discography-chat-ludacris/

Mary J. Blige- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9148-discography-chat-mary-j-blige/

Jill Scott- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9179-discography-chat-jill-scott/

Jennifer Lopez- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9206-discography-chat-jennifer-lopez/

Outkast- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9083-discography-chat-outkast/

Erykah Badu- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9107-discography-chat-erykah-badu/

Christina Aguilera- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9007-discography-chat-christina-aguilera/

Britney Spears- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9048-discography-chat-britney-spears/

Ciara- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9130-discography-chat-ciara/

Other members installments

Common- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9378-commons-discography/

The Black Eyed Peas- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9201-discography-chat-black-eyed-peas/

I'm so mad...I wrote something and accidently closed the window :(! Here I go again:

The First Lady is the only album I've ever heard properly, in full and still play today. Not to say the others are rubbish - because they're far from it...but unfortunately I just never really fave Faith fair airplay. I do love me some Faith though!

The First Lady - Tracks 1 - tru Love are perfect! I love the simple arab start to the album and then bam "Me and my girls r going out 2nite" - so damn catchy! I Don't Need it and Stop N Go are awesome too!! Again was my track of the year that year...It's so uplifting and a great comeback single imo. I just wish it had performed better. I love the old school feel of Mesmerized as well as her vocals on it! A favourite! Tru Love was a song I overlooked for a a few months and then I learnt to love it - I absolutely LOVE it! YEs it sounds like Burn and Bad Habits step sister but it still slays imo! After this I feel the album dips in quality a little. I like Jealous, Catchign Feelings and Hope but the others are kind of forgetabble imo.

Faithfully - My favourite track of Faith is propbably I Love You. It's so beautiful! I should listen to this album properly.

Keep The Faith - brilliant album from what I remember. I can't stand Love Like This anymore thanks to Fatman Scoop

Faith - Brilliant debut! Though I can't remember what a lot of the songs sound like (as it's been years since I heard it) I do remember my favourites being No Other Love, Love Don't Live HEre Anymore (excited), Soon As I Get Home, Give It To Me.

I actually haven't heard Something About Faith at all :(.

I'm so mad...I wrote something and accidently closed the window :(! Here I go again:

The First Lady is the only album I've ever heard properly, in full and still play today. Not to say the others are rubbish - because they're far from it...but unfortunately I just never really fave Faith fair airplay. I do love me some Faith though!

The First Lady - Tracks 1 - tru Love are perfect! I love the simple arab start to the album and then bam "Me and my girls r going out 2nite" - so damn catchy! I Don't Need it and Stop N Go are awesome too!! Again was my track of the year that year...It's so uplifting and a great comeback single imo. I just wish it had performed better. I love the old school feel of Mesmerized as well as her vocals on it! A favourite! Tru Love was a song I overlooked for a a few months and then I learnt to love it - I absolutely LOVE it! YEs it sounds like Burn and Bad Habits step sister but it still slays imo! After this I feel the album dips in quality a little. I like Jealous, Catchign Feelings and Hope but the others are kind of forgetabble imo.

Faithfully - My favourite track of Faith is propbably I Love You. It's so beautiful! I should listen to this album properly.

Keep The Faith - brilliant album from what I remember. I can't stand Love Like This anymore thanks to Fatman Scoop

Faith - Brilliant debut! Though I can't remember what a lot of the songs sound like (as it's been years since I heard it) I do remember my favourites being No Other Love, Love Don't Live HEre Anymore (excited), Soon As I Get Home, Give It To Me.

I actually haven't heard Something About Faith at all :(.

Ch. did you read what I said happend to me on the Mariah discussion? TRUST I KNOW THE FRUSTRATION lol

Trust thats ALOOOOT of people, alot didnt even know she had an album in 2010 (like they really thought First Lady was her last album), so you aint the only one, and I'm betting I'm probably the only 1 who either has the Christmas album &/or knew she even released 1 to begin with.

Faith is SOOOOO under the radar it kills me, I LOVE my Mary, but I think Faith should be as big if not bigger than Mary, but Faith kinda sticks to similar sounds (with the exception of Faithfully and a few other tracks from all the albums) for the most part her sound is pretty predictable, like she got the voice, and they lyrics to just go for anything, and just...ugh I can say the same thing all day and just repeat myself but I'm serious, she's TOOO slept on and always has been.

From what I kinda know about your taste, I THINK (could be wrong lol) but I THINK yoa might LOVE Faithfully and Faith (the debut).

I really do love the debut...I just can't remember it :lol:. I'mma try Faithfully tonight hopefully.

Oh fuck I forgot about her Christmas album! I actually love it!!! The only other Xmas album that got me so excited was Mariahs!! Serious Faiths Xmas album slays >>>>>>>>>!! Her version of The Christmas Song and This Christmas >>>>>>

What I fin with Faiths music is - her voice just completely takes me away. I get lost in the song and go to this other world lol. It's like musical weed in a sense.

I really do love the debut...I just can't remember it :lol:. I'mma try Faithfully tonight hopefully.

Oh fuck I forgot about her Christmas album! I actually love it!!! The only other Xmas album that got me so excited was Mariahs!! Serious Faiths Xmas album slays >>>>>>>>>!! Her version of The Christmas Song and This Christmas >>>>>>

What I fin with Faiths music is - her voice just completely takes me away. I get lost in the song and go to this other world lol. It's like musical weed in a sense.

OH I AGREE COMPLETELY, I have SERIOUSLY had Soon As I get home on repeat, and this is about to be listen #...5 I think, but its so beautiful, and she sounds so sincere and sad, and at the end when shes screaming "I GET DOWN ON MY KNEES, I'M BEGGIN YA PLEASE...I'M SO SORRY!!!" OOOH I FEEL IT, she musta done somethin to hurt somebody like that, cause wooo, she sold it, I been there, and she takes me there and just....damn. Same with "I love you"

I didnt know till today that Faithfully came out in 01, they were playin Burnin up all summer in 02, and You Get's No Love, I was sure that album came out that year lol. But that song and video is VERY much my Summer 02 (same wit Feel it boy)

I gotta listen to that Christmas album again, it's been a while lol

Ive always loved Faiths voice. She is somewhat of a rough diamond and id always hope she'd be bigger than Mary, though Blige has more classic albums.

Faith - COMPLETELY OVERRATED ALBUM! I remember being bored shitless listening to that album. SAIGH is the only ray of sunshine I remember. Ain't Nobody got played out a lot in clubs back but always thought it was overrated too.

Keep The Faith - Love this album...so laid back and there isn't a song I don't like on there. It was a tough call between this and...

Faithfully - Flawless album. You Get No Love, Don't Cry, Faithfully, Burnin Up...Ive forgotten the rest as i aint played it in awhile lol but know i love it.

The First Lady - Skipped this one. Heard most of the songs from it and wasn't impressed (maybe i should listen to the album as a whole?)

Xmas Album - don't do Xmas albums :umm:

I didn't know Something About Faith existed :unsure:

Yea I feel like alot of the time she was with Puff, he put her behind Mary, like he gave Mary more attention, but she started recording before Faith, and had dem hits, but 1 would think he would've really REALLLLLY made sure Faith had that Mary promo and attention.

HAD TO POST, OMG SHE SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS THIS SONG ACAPELLA, HER HARMONY'S!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YG7Vd47j18

I really hope you guys who havent heard that much of her stuff, really gives her discog (or at the very least her singles) a good listen if you have the time, for the most part I dont think you'll be sorry.

Faith's another artist whom I'm only familiar with the singles (up to about The First Lady). Great singer ~ anyone who can hold their own next to the great Whitney ("Heartbreak Hotel") certainly is. :) I'd say "Love Like This" is her signature song; "You Gets No Love" is hot too! Of course I can't forget the ballads like "Soon As I Get Home" and "Never Gonna Let You Go"

My top 5 favorite songs...

1. Love Like This

2. You Gets No Love

3. Soon As I Get Home

4. You Used To Love Me

5. Never Gonna Let You Go

*HM: "Kissing You" (from Waiting to Exhale)

:lol: i never even thought of this song being in relation to them. Not necessarily about Biggie/Tupac...im sure this song is from The Best Man Soundtrack. If it had been on one of her albums you might have more of a claim.

Granted the song is on the soundtrack and named after the movie, but the song itself does not go with what happend in the movie, and seems REALLY personal, it might not be about him,or anything that really happend, but the details are a bit specific

Faith's another artist whom I'm only familiar with the singles (up to about The First Lady). Great singer ~ anyone who can hold their own next to the great Whitney ("Heartbreak Hotel") certainly is. :) I'd say "Love Like This" is her signature song; "You Gets No Love" is hot too! Of course I can't forget the ballads like "Soon As I Get Home" and "Never Gonna Let You Go"

My top 5 favorite songs...

1. Love Like This

2. You Gets No Love

3. Soon As I Get Home

4. You Used To Love Me

5. Never Gonna Let You Go

*HM: "Kissing You" (from Waiting to Exhale)

I LOVEEEEEE Kissing You. A great contribution to that awesome soundtrack.