Discography Chat: Lil Kim

jarrylf

4 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Lil Kim album?

• Hardcore (1996)
    • Notorious K.I.M. (2000)
    • La Bella Mafia (2003)
    • The Naked Truth (2005)
    • Ms. G.O.A.T. [Mixtape] (2008)
    • Black Friday [Mixtape] (2011)

1.jpg "Been Gone for a Minute Now I'm Back Wit The Jump off"

The original Queen B. Love her, to be honest and I've said it before I'm a bigger fan of her and her image than her music, but I do love her music. So lets get this started

Hardcore, I LOVE THIS ALBUM, BUT, I'm probably the only person on the planet who likes Notorious K better, but about Hardcore. What I love about this album is to me it seemed ahead of it's time, yet fitting for 96-97, yet also having a old school slight oldschool appeal. CRUSH ON YOU IS MA SHIZNIT. I love the video as much as I love the song. Queen Bitch, Big Mamma Thang, Drugs, and Dreams. BUT....I'm not huge on the Not Tonight regular version with JD (I don't dislike it but it aint huge with me), but the remix....SLAYYYYS.

Notorious K.I.M!!! My favorite Kim album to date, because it's soooo different and such a mixture of sounds and looks, it's what I want in a artist and era, I love how eclectic it is. This era just owned me, I knew who she was from Hardcore, but No Matter What They Say made me really like her, and How Many Licks made me LOVE her. Those 2 songs alone just....DAMN I LOVE THEM, same for the videos, and album track wise, it had some really good/underrated duets. But my tracks from this era (besides the 2 listed) are Suck My Dick, Notorious K.I.M.,She don't Love you, Queen Bitch Part 2 (I go back & forth to if I like it more or as much as pt.1),Hold On, I'm Human, Right Now, and Lil Drummer Boy, tho I pretty much love every single album track.

La Bella Mafia, Gotsta start out by saying I LOVE THE JUMP OFF THAT SONG GETS ME SOOOO HYPED, I also love Magic stick, (When Kim Say) Can You Hear Me Now, Thug Luv, and This Is Who I Am. I like the album as a whole but she could've done better, there was a toughness missing from it that I need in my Kim. BUT I did love the era more than the music, all the looks, and the performances.

"Feel the movement, it's a whole new crew,FUCK Junior M.A.F.I.A., that chapters Through" The Naked Truth, YESSS THE TOUGHNESS I NEEDED FROM THE LAST ALBUM WAS DELIVERED IN THIS 1 . I'm not huge on Lighters Up, but I like it (the video made me love it), and that Janet reference made me like it more ofcourse lol. BUT WHOA, another 1 of my fave Lil Kim songs forever, and videos, she was looking goood. I also loved Last Day (shoulda been a single), Spell Check, SHUT UP BITCH (LOVES IT, THE INTRO AND SONG),Spell check, Slippin,Kronik,and Get Yours. Very solid album and era and heavily underrated.

Ms.Goat.....Well....I don't really like Mixtapes....feel like tho it's good that artist want to get there music out there right away, the production quality is never really impressive to me (there are a few exceptions to this), I don't like Mixtapes, now ya know. Anyway it gives me an excuse to mention LET IT GO!!! I love this song, it was my summer 07 song (well 1 of them). I do also love The Miseducation of Lil Kim (solid song and quality), I Get it, I need a bitch, Rock on Wit Ya bad self.

Black Friday. WHO THE FUCK WANT WAR!!!! YESSSSSSS THAT WAS THE SHIT, I loved and lived it. Ask for the rest, I liked this more than Ms.Goat by far, but still..it's a Mixtape, but my picks would be Pissin On Em,Killin Em, 6 Foot Tall, and Clap Clap

I've been waiting toooo long for her to come back with a real album and era it's driving me crazy, I think I kinda gave up the anticipation cause....well.........its been a LONG time. But when she does come back....I'll be ready & waiting.

My Ranking

1.Notorious K.I.M.

2.Hardcore

3.The Naked Truth

4.La Bella Mafia

5.Black Friday

6.Ms. Goat

My previous installments of Discography chat

Rihanna-

Faith Evans-

Usher-

Aaliyah-

Alicia Keys-

TLC-

Toni Braxton-

Paula Abdul-

Missy-

The Spice Girls-

En Vogue- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9268-discography-chat-en-vogue/

Destiny's Child- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9232-discography-chat-destinys-child/

Mariah Carey- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8877-discography-chat-mariah-carey/

Whitney Houston- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8920-discography-chat-whitney-houston/

Ludacris- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9324-discography-chat-ludacris/

Mary J. Blige- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9148-discography-chat-mary-j-blige/

Jill Scott- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9179-discography-chat-jill-scott/

Jennifer Lopez- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9206-discography-chat-jennifer-lopez/

Outkast- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9083-discography-chat-outkast/

Erykah Badu- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9107-discography-chat-erykah-badu/

Christina Aguilera- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9007-discography-chat-christina-aguilera/

Britney Spears- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9048-discography-chat-britney-spears/

Ciara- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9130-discography-chat-ciara/

Other members installments

Common- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9378-commons-discography/

The Black Eyed Peas- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9201-discography-chat-black-eyed-peas/

• Upvote 1

Flawless. She leaves her shit to the mixtapes and so far has ALWAYS delievered on actual albums. My all time fav rapper and one of my all time fav artists :wub:

As for fav albums its really hard to tell cuz they change all the time :lol: I'd say that right now Hardcore is my fav and La Bella Mafia comes in second but again it's ALWAYS changing.

So many classics, it's hard to pick a fav song :wub: Would just like to point out that Aunt Dot shits on LIVES and careers.

Right now this is my everything

That melody with that deep voice is life :wub: :wub: :wub:

And hew else but the one and only rap Queen to get a legendary icon on a chorus

:wub:

I'm sorry..I had wrote a long ass story about Lil Kimsus and her career and I accidentally hit the back button and lost it. :mellow::tear::cry:

All I can say is that she is better than all your fave rappers and she shits on them as well. :thumbup: She's a legend and revolutionized female hip hop. Check all the girls who were and still are talking about sex and getting money 15 years later. :coffee:

She keeps the girls mad(see Nicki, Foxy, and Azealia) and she gets respect from her male counterparts.

My fave albums:

Hardcore/La Bella Mafia

The Naked Truth

NKIM

Why the hell is it only 2 votes? Faith Evans got more than that, and we talk about Kim here and how we love her more than Faiths name ever comes up lol, come on yall, support ya album

Meh it's Kim. I'd rather them not talking about her or voting than come here with BS pretending that they know anything about her other than a few singles.

BTW... The Naked Truth is hated and im not here for that. She went all the way IN on that album specially on Quiet :wub:

Meh it's Kim. I'd rather them not talking about her or voting than come here with BS pretending that they know anything about her other than a few singles.

BTW... The Naked Truth is hated and im not here for that. She went all the way IN on that album specially on Quiet :wub:

True I suppose

Wait it is? Well I do know except for my friends who bought the album, nobody REALLLLY talked about it like her going to jail completely overshadowed that era. I miss Countdown to lockdown tho (digging everywhere to find that show). But yea that era was more about Kim and the trials and going to jail than it was about that album that delivered in every way in my book.

True I suppose

Wait it is? Well I do know except for my friends who bought the album, nobody REALLLLY talked about it like her going to jail completely overshadowed that era. I miss Countdown to lockdown tho (digging everywhere to find that show). But yea that era was more about Kim and the trials and going to jail than it was about that album that delivered in every way in my book.

Yeah, some of her fans don't really like it or place it under the others :lol: I think that it's just as good as. She was going after everyone one on that album, i love the lyrics and the beats :wub: Durty and I know you see me are the jams :wub: :wub:

And yeah, other than the 6 mics she didnt get much publicity for the album. In a way it's like Mariah with Glitter, some random drama completely eclipsed and killed a great album

Yeah, some of her fans don't really like it or place it under the others :lol: I think that it's just as good as. She was going after everyone one on that album, i love the lyrics and the beats :wub: Durty and I know you see me are the jams :wub: :wub:

And yeah, other than the 6 mics she didnt get much publicity for the album. In a way it's like Mariah with Glitter, some random drama completely eclipsed and killed a great album

WOW I did not know that the fans did/do it like that, yea like I said I personally like it more than Labella Mafia, like you said she came TOUGH and she came for everybody.

Yea that is a good example to use cause I personally love Glitter more than Rainbow.

Wonder why Kim only does like 2 singles per album and era since Notorious K, like she has some great album tracks dying for radio attention and a video.

• Upvote 1

She killed this song so fucking hard. Her delivery>>>>>>>

:wub:

Never thought niggas would tell aint thes a bitch ass niggas scared of jail

fed co's givin me head in my cell

makin my bid go easy recieve mail

back at my best

skin tight drees

nigga its sharks in the water come wit ya life vest

you bumb bitches aint got a dollar go get fucked

for your rent moneey

to much millage is no good

i mean i fucked around but you fucked the whole hood

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Remy Ma was DECEASED after that, never even tried to make a come back :wub:

Never thought niggas would tell aint thes a bitch ass niggas scared of jail

fed co's givin me head in my cell

makin my bid go easy recieve mail

back at my best

skin tight drees

nigga its sharks in the water come wit ya life vest

you bumb bitches aint got a dollar go get fucked

for your rent moneey

to much millage is no good

i mean i fucked around but you fucked the whole hood

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Remy Ma was DECEASED after that, never even tried to make a come back :wub:

She obliterated everyone with that song! :wub::cry:

She was rapping like a n***a. -_-

She obliterated everyone with that song! :wub::cry:

She was rapping like a n***a. -_-

Yes She did. She used to go IN when people tried her. Even 50 called it truce after her diss on Quiet. Only a bad bitch :thumbup:

BTW did you hear her song with Fred the Godson? She was a feature there, the track sucks, her verses as usual are the best part of the song but i dont know WTF is going on with her voice lately :mellow: It's just not deep anymore, it's lacking that bite you know :unsure:

OD, Freestyle (diss to nicholas etc) and Keys To The City had me thinking that the OOMPMH was there but this new track ... <_< The album she's about to release in 2090 better not come with them vocals <_<

Yes She did. She used to go IN when people tried her. Even 50 called it truce after her diss on Quiet. Only a bad bitch :thumbup:

BTW did you hear her song with Fred the Godson? She was a feature there, the track sucks, her verses as usual are the best part of the song but i dont know WTF is going on with her voice lately :mellow: It's just not deep anymore, it's lacking that bite you know :unsure:

OD, Freestyle (diss to nicholas etc) and Keys To The City had me thinking that the OOMPMH was there but this new track ... <_< The album she's about to release in 2090 better not come with them vocals <_<

That's the KIM I miss..She pretty much addresses everyone that comes for her..I know she's on this unity kick and stuff with the tour, but what makes KIM great is her unwillingness to not give a fuck and destroy everyone lyrically. :coffee:

I haven't heard the song..and yes, her voice has changed..

She needs to release an album..it's been way too fucking long. :sigh:

BTW

Me shifty?Now you wanna fit and hit me

Pull out your nine, while I cock on mine

So What now? I ain't got time to clown

So what trick ? I ain't got time for this

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :wub: I only play her part of this song :lol: She killed it :wub:

That's the KIM I miss..She pretty much addresses everyone that comes for her..I know she's on this unity kick and stuff with the tour, but what makes KIM great is her unwillingness to not give a fuck and destroy everyone lyrically. :coffee:

I haven't heard the song..and yes, her voice has changed..

She needs to release an album..it's been way too fucking long. :sigh:

Exactly. And that's why diddy has been taking the shots and hasn't fight back in years :lol: He goes on radio shows and all saying that he has no prob with her and that He respects her and all cuz He knows he can't fight the fire :lol:

You ain't missing much tbh

Her stans are doing the most about this new album :rolleyes: Threatning and shit ... Yeah it's taking time but i want her to DELIVER, if them Negroes dont stop acting brand new she's just going to release some sort of unpolished, unfinished shit and they will seethe because the quality will not be there and her career coffin will be sealed for good :thumbdown:

I'd love for her new album to have this 90's Junior Mafia feel and vibe but it's not happening -_-

BTW

Me shifty?Now you wanna fit and hit me

Pull out your nine, while I cock on mine

So What now? I ain't got time to clown

So what trick ? I ain't got time for this

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :wub: I only play her part of this song :lol: She killed it :wub:

Exactly. And that's why diddy has been taking the shots and hasn't fight back in years :lol: He goes on radio shows and all saying that he has no prob with her and that He respects her and all cuz He knows he can't fight the fire :lol:

You ain't missing much tbh

Her stans are doing the most about this new album :rolleyes: Threatning and shit ... Yeah it's taking time but i want her to DELIVER, if them Negroes dont stop acting brand new she's just going to release some sort of unpolished, unfinished shit and they will seethe because the quality will not be there and her career coffin will be sealed for good :thumbdown:

I'd love for her new album to have this 90's Junior Mafia feel and vibe but it's not happening -_-

I lost my write up and I was saying that when she was in Junior Mafia, she was stealing the show with her classic 16 bars.. :thumbup:

Her stans are a mess, but I love that they are still there to support her..most have moved on to the new girls, but the loyal ones have stayed by her side..

I want her to deliver like I know I can! I think this album would be the most important album of her career. She needs to let people know why she's the Queen Bee. It's been damn near 7 years and I'm getting restless.. <_<