No BET Awards Official Thread?

I can't believe Nicki went there like that especially since that was the SAME exact thing Kim was saying when Nicki came on the scene..

"I opened doors for females, they need to acknowledge me" ..Hypocritical Nicki.

It boggles my mind how the new generations acts as if ppl are suppose to bow Down to them. The GREATS before y'all have never voiced no shit like that, so what on earth think yall are deserving of that? Sit da fuck down.

I Do think Nikki misworded what she meant (at least I hope) ..she didn't open doors but she kept em held open for other females to be relevant mc's again since before Nicki, all the female rappers had fizzled out. I will give her that credit but that's two different things tho. She needs to rephrase that statement

• Upvote 2

I really thought that she was gonna take the opportunity to shout out Iggy for being another female MC in the most male dominated rap game. The fact that she had to go there made her look insecure. The shade was cute though and her speech was entertaining.

• Upvote 4

I disagree......especially about liked, talked about I'll half give you a maybe (but Kim probably owns that 1 too), but she's I doubt more likeable.

Her album and single sales says otherwise

Aren't most of Nicki's fans kids and teenagers.

doesn't matter but if they are that says a lot about her being successful. Lil Kim's fans were teenagers as well as Missy's when they were at their peak :)

A lot of hate..

The most successful female rapper internationally!

Boom!!! They can stay mad tho. I already explained how being successful internationally opened doors more now for female rappers. Don't matter if she dressed like Gaga or what, her ass was still rapping while doing it. Not here for Nicki haters making up all the excuses as to why she didn't open doors when she did. People talking about how she went pop and sold out. WTF do you know how many MALE AND FEMALE rappers did pop? Drake, Eve, 50Cent, Snoop, Eminem, Missy, and many others including Lil Kim. Stop the bullshit :)

Boom!!! They can stay mad tho. I already explained how being successful internationally opened doors more now for female rappers. Don't matter if she dressed like Gaga or what, her ass was still rapping while doing it. Not here for Nicki haters making up all the excuses as to why she didn't open doors when she did. People talking about how she went pop and sold out. WTF do you know how many MALE AND FEMALE rappers did pop? Drake, Eve, 50Cent, Snoop, Eminem, Missy, and many others including Lil Kim. Stop the bullshit :)

Lil Kim did pop? That French song from that movie doesn't count :umm:

Anyways.. Sadly, I agree with you... Iggy wouldn't be a thing without her team of writers and Nicki Minaj's Hip-Pop mainstream push

People will continue to discredit Nicki bc she's fairly new, cocky, and bc her newest single isn't doing so hot (despite it being hot) and her next album will probably flop, but she still a contender.. I wish she didn't do American Idol.. That show/genre of TV claimed her career like it has for so many others -_-

:lmao:  :lmao:  So we're mad because Nicki sounded a fool by dissing Iggy(who's slaying the charts right now)..

Nicki just wants to be the only female rapper out..instead of congratulating Iggy and trying to unify the already dying female rap genre, she shaded her..

She's not humble and she's already fading in terms in relevance.

• Upvote 2

Gave her a shot? How so?

Kim & MC collaborated with her when NObody gave a shit about her, Britney let her open her tour.

Honestly the only reason she's had the success she's had on the scale it's been is because she sold out and made pop music while dressing like Lady Gaga.

She should be thanking Gaga for the doors she opened honestly :coffee: I love Nicki but she didn't get to where she is like other hip hop artists did.

YESSSSSSS #ROCREADS!

Don't have to like her but she has a point... She has opened the door for this Iggy woman who is a fraud but so is Britney Spears.

Female non-American rapper door..

But being the most don't make her the 1st, Being the 1st is what opens the doors. She didn't open shit for Iggy or anyone else.

:lmao:  :lmao:  So we're mad because Nicki sounded a fool by dissing Iggy(who's slaying the charts right now)..

Nicki just wants to be the only female rapper out..instead of congratulating Iggy and trying to unify the already dying female rap genre, she shaded her..

#100% Truth, I congradulate her for working this 14th minute tho

• Upvote 1

Kim & MC collaborated with her when NObody gave a shit about her, Britney let her open her tour.

But being the most don't make her the 1st, Being the 1st is what opens the doors. She didn't open shit for Iggy or anyone else.

Yeah.. Probably because they're Mariah Carey & whoever Kim is... I remember that tour bc I went to that tour.. Nicki's vibe was amazing

She was the first to bring it back... To recover the broken genre.. This Iggy Team wouldn't be taken seriously without Nicki.. #deviladvocate

and that's so unfortunate. Iggy and Nicki could really benefit from one another. I hope this doesn't turn into a Foxy/Kim type situation because that was lame.

Yeah.. Probably because they're Mariah Carey & whoever Kim is... I remember that tour bc I went to that tour.. Nicki's vibe was amazing

She was the first to bring it back... To recover the broken genre.. This Iggy Team wouldn't be taken seriously without Nicki.. #deviladvocate

Kim is 1 of her blueprints. Point is it's stupid of her to start shit with the 3 of them when all 3 of them had a hand in boosting her name.

Yea no, if Iggy came 1st she would've more than likely done great (and it would've gotten blamed for her being white).

Kim is 1 of her blueprints. Point is it's stupid of her to start shit with the 3 of them when all 3 of them had a hand in boosting her name.

Yea no, if Iggy came 1st she would've more than likely done great (and it would've gotten blamed for her being white).

Stealing black music but not as good as Eminem..  Because she's a fraud

And Nicki's not? Despite building a career off looking like & sounding like Kim, Missy & Left Eye & dressing like Gaga....

Nikki's black.. I'm not sure what sound you're referring to... I don't hear how Nikki sounds like Missy.. Especially since Missy's creator (Timbo) wants a collabo with the Nikki and Missy together

Dressing "like" Gaga? Gaga isn't original

You're reallllllllllllllllllly trying it! Not when they recorded a song together and they were cool.  Nicki's "image" is a direct result of Lil Kim's style. Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder would co-sign me.

Once again, I applaud Nicki for reviving female hip hop..and I'm proud that Iggy is seeing success and keeping it alive at the moment. 

• Upvote 1