My open letter to Janet and her team

feehgarcia

I wrote my heart out today, felt the need after recent events, and I'd like to share it with all of you. ‪
Here's the link if you like to share: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soe5vo

@JanetJackson has NO IDEA how much I love her and how much she’s part of my life. On the good and bad times, she always have something to say. Her words and moves help and inspire me everyday. Her book made me accept the fact that yes, I’m a little overweight and there’s nothing wrong with that, I can still slay being chubby! LOL I love food, I love myself and I found someone who loves me how I am.

If Live Nation really pulled off the #UnbreakableEUROPE plug due low ticket sales, they acted WRONG (industry mercenaries). But If that was the problem, Janet’s TEAM could’ve worked it out I guess. If she doesn’t want to do it, she doesn’t have to do it. But a good Marketing and Public Relations team should work from there.

The FANS know everything is going on. We know she came back with an AMAZING album, she’s looking FIERCE & FABULOUS and she’s on the road… But the general public doesn't. And there’s where Janet’s MKT and PR team failed. They haven’t reached ‘non-fans’ and for the rest of the world, she probably not even dropped Unbreakable! I heard from a few friends (that aren’t Janet’s die heart fan like myself) "Oh, she’s back? I didn’t know that! Cool… I love her!". Someone told me today the same thing happened when he talked about the cancellation of her UK Tour to his friends: "She was coming? Oh… If I knew, I’d have gotten a ticket. Janet is amazing.”

David Bowie’s last two records, for example. He’s also a legend and dropped his last albums without warning, but in a matter of days he was EVERYWHERE. All music websites and magazines were talking about it. He dropped music videos — some homemade, but still so very interesting and amazing — kept using technology and new resources to share his vision and the album’s narratives. Magazine covers with great reviews or his record producers and creative partners interviews inside. Facebook, outdoors and posters on street… He reached everyone, everywhere. The world knew: Bowie was back after a 10 year hiatus.

What I’m trying to say is that Bowie was the BRAIN behind it all, but he actually ‘haven’t done much’ besides recording amazing albums and showing up to a photo/video set for a couple of days. He was at home, but taking over the world. I hate comparing my two favorite artists here, but my point is: why Janet’s Team haven’t done the same?

Why they haven’t used some of the hundreds outtakes from YuTsai’s album shoot or Solaiman Fazel’s Tour Book shoot on Billboard and Rolling Stone Magazines? Why not broadcast that ‘In The Studio’ footage (that was amazing) featuring Jimmy and Terry and show her creative process on TV? Why not boost Instagram and Facebook posts to share ‘from her lips…’ stuff? We can target FB posts by country/city these days, so use it to reach people on the cities where she’ll perform! My God… This is 2016, not the 50s! With one simple click, you can reach out people in Asia, America, Europe, Australia… You can do it from bed, almost literally! Janet, again, I LOVE YOU! We love you so very much, but gurl, your team sucks.

I lost money, months planning my work vacations, my dream of maybe meeting you, Preston, Gil, the dancers… Of seeing you live, up close for the very first time. It’s all gone, It all went down the hole. And I was very angry a few days ago, but I’m not anymore. I understand. Shit happens even with large scale things and millimetric planned schedules. What I don’t understand is why it had to happen like this. Again, I’m not judging or attacking Janet Jackson, not at all! I’m only questioning the smart woman I know lies there, and the reason why she keep self-boycotting and underestimating her awesome career and potential like this.

I’m taking a stand here — and I know I’ll be criticized by some — but that’s how I feel/see it. DRAG US, JANET! You are the best between the best, NEVER FORGET THAT! The world owns to you more than it could ever pay… Make them say your name out loud again, now and forever.

Thank you, love you forever.
Felipe Garcia

#UnbreakableLOVE

• Upvote 8

Yeah the team stinks but they can probably only do what she allows them to.   I am not sure she has a team though judging from the tweets and the whole IG situation.  No one knew what instagram was about and that is was unnecessary to remove 15 sec clips.  

• Upvote 1

Yeah the team stinks but they can probably only do what she allows them to.   I am not sure she has a team though judging from the tweets and the whole IG situation.  No one knew what instagram was about and that is was unnecessary to remove 15 sec clips.  

that was her legal team. She stopped that 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow I totally feel your pain.  Thanks for writing the letter.  As a fellow Janet fan, I can understand how upset you must be.  

I too am surprised at how little marketing and promotion has been done for the new album and tour, and frankly how little was done for the massive 30th anniversary of Control.  Janet has so many huge anniversaries coming up.  Besides her 50th Birthday on May 16th, just one month later will mark the 40th anniversary of her national TV debut on The Jacksons TV series.  

This era where artists have traded constant promotion-- going on every late night show, endless commercials and fawning at radio stations-- has been traded for an era of reclusive, mysterious releases with little to no promotion.  There has to be some sort of middle ground.  But if an artist wants more than just their ride or die fans to show up on their tour, they have to at least tell people they're going on tour!!  

As ever, I continue to pray for Janet's health and success, and I sincerely hope that the US tour happens.  If it does, I'll be there in Austin and Lafayette.  If it doesn't, I'll be there the next time.  

• 1 month later...

Life long fan, can't help but feel the same. Can't stand when someone calls caring hating.

I flew into SLC, had a migraine, went to bed early. Woke up to the tweet postponing the show.

Christmas Eve, woke up to postponing the Tulsa show. What a Christmas present : ( 

Then, both postponed again. It's like a bad dream.

Unbreakable is so good, best album from Janet since '04 at least. No Sleeep is an instant favorite of mine. Dammn Baby is my go to. 

I dealt with the lacking promo as "well, I'm going to see her a couple of times on this tour". I literally drove to Omaha, NE last minute (the night before the show) because I was worried I wouldn't get to see her again. I could tell she was recovering from a cold in her vocals. She gave it 100% though. Fantastic show. But my question is, surely... surely... she didn't go through all of this - making an amazing album, launching a world tour... just to postpone, postpone again, possibly cancel the Europe leg and only tour the US dates sometime in 2017. I pray to God they actually finish the tour. It would be a shame because this album is GREAT guys.  I bought my family and close friends floor tickets. I don't want a refund, I want a Janet Jackson concert. 

My love for this woman is endless, but even watching her YouTube channel... the way MyMusicVIP was handled... she doesn't have the right person running her social media. She may not care though, I don't know.

Lastly, where is the Dammn Baby music video? Regardless of what happens with everything else, please release it. Burnitup! should have been shot with Missy Elliot. I'll settle for a FIRE DB music video though. I wish Janet the best. Holding on to my 12 tickets : )

Edited by chadd787
  • Upvote 1

I wrote my heart out today, felt the need after recent events, and I'd like to share it with all of you. ‪
Here's the link if you like to share: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soe5vo

@JanetJackson has NO IDEA how much I love her and how much she’s part of my life. On the good and bad times, she always have something to say. Her words and moves help and inspire me everyday. Her book made me accept the fact that yes, I’m a little overweight and there’s nothing wrong with that, I can still slay being chubby! LOL I love food, I love myself and I found someone who loves me how I am.

If Live Nation really pulled off the #UnbreakableEUROPE plug due low ticket sales, they acted WRONG (industry mercenaries). But If that was the problem, Janet’s TEAM could’ve worked it out I guess. If she doesn’t want to do it, she doesn’t have to do it. But a good Marketing and Public Relations team should work from there.

The FANS know everything is going on. We know she came back with an AMAZING album, she’s looking FIERCE & FABULOUS and she’s on the road… But the general public doesn't. And there’s where Janet’s MKT and PR team failed. They haven’t reached ‘non-fans’ and for the rest of the world, she probably not even dropped Unbreakable! I heard from a few friends (that aren’t Janet’s die heart fan like myself) "Oh, she’s back? I didn’t know that! Cool… I love her!". Someone told me today the same thing happened when he talked about the cancellation of her UK Tour to his friends: "She was coming? Oh… If I knew, I’d have gotten a ticket. Janet is amazing.”

David Bowie’s last two records, for example. He’s also a legend and dropped his last albums without warning, but in a matter of days he was EVERYWHERE. All music websites and magazines were talking about it. He dropped music videos — some homemade, but still so very interesting and amazing — kept using technology and new resources to share his vision and the album’s narratives. Magazine covers with great reviews or his record producers and creative partners interviews inside. Facebook, outdoors and posters on street… He reached everyone, everywhere. The world knew: Bowie was back after a 10 year hiatus.

What I’m trying to say is that Bowie was the BRAIN behind it all, but he actually ‘haven’t done much’ besides recording amazing albums and showing up to a photo/video set for a couple of days. He was at home, but taking over the world. I hate comparing my two favorite artists here, but my point is: why Janet’s Team haven’t done the same?

Why they haven’t used some of the hundreds outtakes from YuTsai’s album shoot or Solaiman Fazel’s Tour Book shoot on Billboard and Rolling Stone Magazines? Why not broadcast that ‘In The Studio’ footage (that was amazing) featuring Jimmy and Terry and show her creative process on TV? Why not boost Instagram and Facebook posts to share ‘from her lips…’ stuff? We can target FB posts by country/city these days, so use it to reach people on the cities where she’ll perform! My God… This is 2016, not the 50s! With one simple click, you can reach out people in Asia, America, Europe, Australia… You can do it from bed, almost literally! Janet, again, I LOVE YOU! We love you so very much, but gurl, your team sucks.

I lost money, months planning my work vacations, my dream of maybe meeting you, Preston, Gil, the dancers… Of seeing you live, up close for the very first time. It’s all gone, It all went down the hole. And I was very angry a few days ago, but I’m not anymore. I understand. Shit happens even with large scale things and millimetric planned schedules. What I don’t understand is why it had to happen like this. Again, I’m not judging or attacking Janet Jackson, not at all! I’m only questioning the smart woman I know lies there, and the reason why she keep self-boycotting and underestimating her awesome career and potential like this.

I’m taking a stand here — and I know I’ll be criticized by some — but that’s how I feel/see it. DRAG US, JANET! You are the best between the best, NEVER FORGET THAT! The world owns to you more than it could ever pay… Make them say your name out loud again, now and forever.

Thank you, love you forever.
Felipe Garcia

#UnbreakableLOVE

You're disappointed like most of the fans. I only wonder how this letter will reach her other than on this forum?

It seems like it never was

considering who she married, Im convinced there are other forces at play ....was she Muslim before 2011? was Insallah and fait accompli part of her vocabulary? Sometimes in relationships, those we get with influence us in ways we may never have seen coming ...I forgive Janet, not because she did anything wrong per se, but because she tried to give her fans something she wasn't ready to go all out for

I do believe Live Nation played a part, she mentioned them in that last video of hers. I think they pulled the plug on Europe and she said I got one better for you :whistle:

Edited by Stealth
  • Downvote 1

Sad that Janet's distance and vague statements have left us guessing, perhaps indefinitely... Maybe she wants her fans in the dark as much as possible? At first I thought it was intriguing -- a bit of mystique. Now, it just feels shady and unprofessional on her part.

or perhaps, its simply not a priority and she's not a label artist bound to do and promote and as such she finds comfort in that so much so she showed out ...she showed what an indie artist can do.................NOTHING.

That's why I roll my eyes at those who easily put down the independant artist argument, you can't even compare it to other independant artists really, it all comes down to that person calling the shots and paying for everything. From what we know, it's easy to think Janet (and Wissam) can foot the bill for a epic era, but in reality we don't know where all their money is going or connected to or planned for, when it's her money it's her business to do with it whatever she wants. So  yall can down that all you want but you're foolish if you want to pretend that's not a factor.

But along with that like I said, and like you previously said, what we got from the #1's era was a Janet that was dating Wissam and was doing roughly 3yrs of promo and work. Who we're dealing with for Unbreakable is a married women, she's representing both of them, and shes really in love, and appears to really be happy, and happy to be with him and by his side. BUT she still wanted to give something big for us, and that was this massively great album and this great tour, but things change and happen. But she's living a life that's different than we're use to and that we can't honestly compare to any of her past relationships. So you gotta just deal with the cards your dealt and move on appreciate what you have and just keep it the fuck moving. I welcome that we got Unbreakable out of it (and if you were lucky enough to see her live you have that), so I'm good if it's another 7yrs (God forbid, but really, did we really think after Discipline it'd be 7yrs?). 

• Upvote 3

That's why I roll my eyes at those who easily put down the independant artist argument, you can't even compare it to other independant artists really, it all comes down to that person calling the shots and paying for everything. From what we know, it's easy to think Janet (and Wissam) can foot the bill for a epic era, but in reality we don't know where all their money is going or connected to or planned for, when it's her money it's her business to do with it whatever she wants. So  yall can down that all you want but you're foolish if you want to pretend that's not a factor.

But along with that like I said, and like you previously said, what we got from the #1's era was a Janet that was dating Wissam and was doing roughly 3yrs of promo and work. Who we're dealing with for Unbreakable is a married women, she's representing both of them, and shes really in love, and appears to really be happy, and happy to be with him and by his side. BUT she still wanted to give something big for us, and that was this massively great album and this great tour, but things change and happen. But she's living a life that's different than we're use to and that we can't honestly compare to any of her past relationships. So you gotta just deal with the cards your dealt and move on appreciate what you have and just keep it the fuck moving. I welcome that we got Unbreakable out of it (and if you were lucky enough to see her live you have that), so I'm good if it's another 7yrs (God forbid, but really, did we really think after Discipline it'd be 7yrs?). 

All o this

Personally I'm low-key glad the tour was cancelled because I was front row in 2011 and anything less this time would not be as exciting for me. Selfish reasoning but oh well. 

As for the era - I was quite used to the idea of there not being many videos etc largely because aside from Beyonce who did a video for every song (which would cost a lot), most of my faves barely do videos any more, and in Mariah's case - not so good videos are made for songs that should never have been singles :shifty:.Point is - I'm use to underwhelming eras with mediocre albums. But in Janet's case it was an underwhelming era with a fucking amazing album - and I'll take that over a promoted but crap era/meh album any day. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 3

All o this

Personally I'm low-key glad the tour was cancelled because I was front row in 2011 and anything less this time would not be as exciting for me. Selfish reasoning but oh well. 

As for the era - I was quite used to the idea of there not being many videos etc largely because aside from Beyonce who did a video for every song, most of my faves barely do videos any more, and in Mariah's case - not so good videos are made for songs that should never have been singles :shifty:.Point is - I'm use to underwhelming eras with mediocre albums. But in Janet's case it was an underwhelming era with a fucking amazing album - and I'll take that over a promoted but crap era/meh album any day. 

All o that LOL ;)

I am not tripping off the era cause of all my living faves nobody's really doing era's that on point anyways. Even my faves of this generation (Rihanna, Bruno, Gaga, Adele, Miguel) you aren't gettng 6 video eras, you aren't getting most of them hitting up EVERY talk show for a interview/performance. Sad to say but I think what you and I (and anyone else not in total shock of the lack of a era) we're kinda prepared for this, like whether or not I am a fan of the music or content or person, I hand it to Bey & Bieb & Taylor them bitches do the kind of era's everyone should be doing imo. BUT on the otherhand the lack of videos/performances make me really have to be creative with my own mind and imagination with the album at hand and can really seperate a good album from what's a basically good era but otherwise lackluster album. And we got a album I can already tell is just going to be able to keep on giving in years to come (if we let it), just like her best albums do. And I'll never be able to say enough, all I needed honestly, there's more I wanted absolutely, if Muva's takin requests, I got what I needed.

Bu babe, we wandered in the desert of "where Janet" for 3 years, she came and we thought she was gone fatten us up and feed us for a life time, but no she gave us what we needed to survive child, and be stronga

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2

All o that LOL ;)

I am not tripping off the era cause of all my living faves nobody's really doing era's that on point anyways. Even my faves of this generation (Rihanna, Bruno, Gaga, Adele, Miguel) you aren't gettng 6 video eras, you aren't getting most of them hitting up EVERY talk show for a interview/performance. Sad to say but I think what you and I (and anyone else not in total shock of the lack of a era) we're kinda prepared for this, like whether or not I am a fan of the music or content or person, I hand it to Bey & Bieb them bitches do the kind of era's everyone should be doing imo. BUT on the otherhand the lack of videos/performances make me really have to be creative with my own mind and imagination with the album at hand and can really seperate a good album from what's a basically good era but otherwise lackluster album. And we got a album I can already tell is just going to be able to keep on giving in years to come (if we let it), just like her best albums do. And I'll never be able to say enough, all I needed honestly, there's more I wanted absolutely, if Muva's takin requests, I got what I needed.

Bu babe, we wandered in the desert of "where Janet" for 3 years, she came and we thought she was gone fatten us up and feed us for a life time, but no she gave us what we needed to survive child, and be stronga

Exactly. Hardly anyone does era's like that any more because a) even the massive labels can barely afford it so how the hell would an independent and b-) albums don't sell so what's the point?. 

Janet was like "Y'all ain't having no dessert, because sugar is bad for you. Here's a kick ass salad for your main, and that's all ya getting, fatties" :lmao:.

• Upvote 4

considering who she married, Im convinced there are other forces at play ....was she Muslim before 2011? was Insallah and fait accompli part of her vocabulary? Sometimes in relationships, those we get with influence us in ways we may never have seen coming ...I forgive Janet, not because she did anything wrong per se, but because she tried to give her fans something she wasn't ready to go all out for

I do believe Live Nation played a part, she mentioned them in that last video of hers. I think they pulled the plug on Europe and she said I got one better for you :whistle:

She lived in the Middle East and Paris for a large portion of the last 5 years for obvious reason so of course she will pick up on new worlds. If you lived outside of Detroit, let's say NYC.. You will pick up on local vocabulary. When you interact with humans who are completely different than you, you learn new things. It's human nature. 

During the relationship with that DeeJay she used more street slang for some ungodly reason.

Exactly. Hardly anyone does era's like that any more because a) even the massive labels can barely afford it so how the hell would an independent and b-) albums don't sell so what's the point?. 

Janet was like "Y'all ain't having no dessert, because sugar is bad for you. Here's a kick ass salad for your main, and that's all ya getting, fatties" :lmao:.

All o that LOL ;)

I am not tripping off the era cause of all my living faves nobody's really doing era's that on point anyways. Even my faves of this generation (Rihanna, Bruno, Gaga, Adele, Miguel) you aren't gettng 6 video eras, you aren't getting most of them hitting up EVERY talk show for a interview/performance. Sad to say but I think what you and I (and anyone else not in total shock of the lack of a era) we're kinda prepared for this, like whether or not I am a fan of the music or content or person, I hand it to Bey & Bieb & Taylor them bitches do the kind of era's everyone should be doing imo. BUT on the otherhand the lack of videos/performances make me really have to be creative with my own mind and imagination with the album at hand and can really seperate a good album from what's a basically good era but otherwise lackluster album. And we got a album I can already tell is just going to be able to keep on giving in years to come (if we let it), just like her best albums do. And I'll never be able to say enough, all I needed honestly, there's more I wanted absolutely, if Muva's takin requests, I got what I needed.

SHOW ME THE LIES?!??!?!!?? THERE HAS TO BE ONE

No-results-found_zpstgacgs1i.jpg

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 2

or perhaps, its simply not a priority and she's not a label artist bound to do and promote and as such she finds comfort in that so much so she showed out ...she showed what an indie artist can do.................NOTHING.

image_zpsyblofn7k.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1