Honestly, within 10 years...

Illi

Janet is the main reason for the dissension within the Janet fan community. You have two sides of the coin: on one side you have the fans who doesn't hold her accountable for any of her faults and loves everything she does, then you have the small minority of fans who will be honest and offer constructive criticism of Janet. The differing perspectives leads to clashing, which leads to dissension and that in turn, leads to this fan base looking dysfunctional. The root to all of this, however, is Janet and her seemingly poor handling of her career within the last 15 years. And most of the fans who call honest fans "fake" are disappointed themselves in Janet, but won't admit it due to their loyalty to her. 

well speaking for myself im a happy fan, of course there have been things i didnt love but i realize its impossible to please everybody all the time. i hated the entire 20 yo era but i didnt feel a need to constantly show my displeasure or to try and shade the fans who actually enjoyed the 20yo era, i went on with my everyday life,i still bought the album , and i was still there for discipline which was a little better but still not what i was hoping for from janet. after a long wait she delivered an album im in love with, of course i wanted to see the unbreakable tour and hopefully will next year, but if i dont its not the end of the world. i dont see how her career has been poorly handled over the last 15 years, the 'all 4 u' era may not have been big as her past eras but it was still huge and alot of artists would have killed for that success. from my point of view she was headed for another successful era with damitajo....of course it didnt happen ..whats interesting to me is while the fans fight amongst each other right now while janet is preparing for the most important event of her life, she has been getting so much love and positive vibes from the media and her peers, all of the write ups and think pieces on her music and legacy makes me proud. 

• Upvote 4

well speaking for myself im a happy fan, of course there have been things i didnt love but i realize its impossible to please everybody all the time. i hated the entire 20 yo era but i didnt feel a need to constantly show my displeasure or to try and shade the fans who actually enjoyed the 20yo era, i went on with my everyday life,i still bought the album , and i was still there for discipline which was a little better but still not what i was hoping for from janet. after a long wait she delivered an album im in love with, of course i wanted to see the unbreakable tour and hopefully will next year, but if i dont its not the end of the world. i dont see how her career has been poorly handled over the last 15 years, the 'all 4 u' era may not have been big as her past eras but it was still huge and alot of artists would have killed for that success. from my point of view she was headed for another successful era with damitajo....of course it didnt happen ..whats interesting to me is while the fans fight amongst each other right now while janet is preparing for the most important event of her life, she has been getting so much love and positive vibes from the media and her peers, all of the write ups and think pieces on her music and legacy makes me proud. 

That's nice for you, but I personally don't care about sparing the feelings of fans by biting my tongue. I have supported Janet for years by buying her albums, merchandise and paying to see her 5 times. That alone warrants me to not only have an opinion on Janet's career, but express it at my leisure. If some fans don't like what I have to say, it's their problem. I'm confident with where my heart lies when it comes to Janet.

• Upvote 4

Janet is the main reason for the dissension within the Janet fan community. You have two sides of the coin: on one side you have the fans who doesn't hold her accountable for any of her faults and loves everything she does, then you have the small minority of fans who will be honest and offer constructive criticism of Janet. The differing perspectives leads to clashing, which leads to dissension and that in turn, leads to this fan base looking dysfunctional. The root to all of this, however, is Janet and her seemingly poor handling of her career within the last 15 years. And most of the fans who call honest fans "fake" are disappointed themselves in Janet, but won't admit it due to their loyalty to her. 

wow wow post more often

• Upvote 2

Except not everything is black & white. 

I hold her accountable for her career and I can offer constructive criticism. 

Then there's the fake fans who go below & no where with their criticism. The ones who appear and spew bullshit.. their "opinion" but it's not once or twice.. it's in every other thread.. The fans who make up fake conspiracy theories or the ones that can't handle the fact for some shit reason that she had to have a baby now 

Some fans are not disappointed. What's there to be disappointed about? 

#1 selling album.. the only black woman to do it within four decades, RRHOF nomination, awesome fucking album, & bringing life in the world

You're trying to combine multiple different types fans into two. Janet fans aren't a coin at all. Nothing is that simple 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

my issue here is Janet hadn't shown any interest in having children before, and to wait until you're 50 and in the middle of a comeback to say so left questions. No one here has any solid evidence Janet is pregnant, and I wonder what folks will be saying this time next year if no baby was produced. It's not a conspiracy, Im asking for hard proof. We dont have that, we have her producers and family saying "nice" things about someone they probably rarely see.

Shit hit the fan with "Roc Wit U" tour, she got vertigo then, "Unbreakable" comes along one month she's "ready for Glasgow" next thing you know Live Nation pulls the plug on the entire European leg, but instead of continuing to tour the postpone dates, she postpones again because, she's gotta rest up "doctor's orders" because she (at 50) is planning a family, not one single photo of her pregnant shows, you havent seen her but from one shot neck up and if I say these things and use my education and common sense by asking questions Im a fake fan :blink:   ......when something doesn't sound right and or doesn't make sense that's because there's a lie in it somewhere. Now I love Janet, but I also love my own self respect to formulating based on the evidence what is and what isn't....you have all these folks on this board hollering about what her life will be like post pregnancy and none of you have any proof that woman at 50 is carrying a baby ....ZERO....you have some mouths that have open and said hey I wanna be a God father, and oh yea she definitely pregnant, you have everything and anything but Janet seen pregnant.

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

my issue here is Janet hadn't shown any interest in having children before, and to wait until you're 50 and in the middle of a comeback to say so left questions. No one here has any solid evidence Janet is pregnant, and I wonder what folks will be saying this time next year if no baby was produced. It's not a conspiracy, Im asking for hard proof. We dont have that, we have her producers and family saying "nice" things about someone they probably rarely see.

Shit hit the fan with "Roc Wit U" tour, she got vertigo then, "Unbreakable" comes along one month she's "ready for Glasgow" next thing you know Live Nation pulls the plug on the entire European leg, but instead of continuing to tour the postpone dates, she postpones again because, she's gotta rest up "doctor's orders" because she (at 50) is planning a family, not one single photo of her pregnant shows, you havent seen her but from one shot neck up and if I say these things and use my education and common sense by asking questions Im a fake fan :blink:   ......we something doesn't sound right and or doesn't make sense that's because there's a lie in it somewhere. Now I love Janet, but I also love my own self respect to formulating based on the evidence what is and what isn't....you have all these folks on this board hollering about what her life will be like post pregnancy and none of you have any proof that woman at 50 is carrying a baby ....ZERO....you have some mouths that have open and said hey I wanna be a God father, and oh yea she definitely pregnant, you have everything and anything but Janet seen pregnant.

Apparently Janet has been wanting kids for a long time. In the most recent Kelly Alexandra interview both Anthony Thomas and Tina Landon said that Janet has wanted kids for a long time. They know Janet better than any of us, so i will take their word for it. Now we all know how private Janet is so it should come as no surprise that the woman isn't out here flaunting that she is 50 and pregnant. It just ain't gonna happen with her. I will admit I was taken a back when it was announced that she was pregnant in the middle of a tour.  But than again I also know that if Janet was pregnant and did not show proof to Live Nation they wouldn't still be doing business with her. When it comes to obligations like that you have to show proof. We will find out soon enough. 

Apparently Janet has been wanting kids for a long time. In the most recent Kelly Alexandra interview both Anthony Thomas and Tina Landon said that Janet has wanted kids for a long time. They know Janet better than any of us, so i will take their word for it. Now we all know how private Janet is so it should come as no surprise that the woman isn't out here flaunting that she is 50 and pregnant. It just ain't gonna happen with her. I will admit I was taken a back when it was announced that she was pregnant in the middle of a tour.  But than again I also know that if Janet was pregnant and did not show proof to Live Nation they wouldn't still be doing business with her. When it comes to obligations like that you have to show proof. We will find out soon enough. 

she has to prove something to save face with both Live Nation and her fans because there are fewer of them, she put folks off after cancelling shows and postponing to "plan a family" I will say if she indeed got the news she could conceive then I am very happy for her, but if something else is going on Im very disappointed that the truth wasnt good enough for her fans who have stood by her and waited and supported. All I will say here is Janet knows what's true and what isn't and whether she really is pregnant, ever was, or was trying to become...Janet knows and that alone is good enough for me, if she knows she aint preggars and let the fans and public think she was ......live with that lie....

Edited by Bailey.

Then there's the fake fans who go below & no where with their criticism. The ones who appear and spew bullshit.. their "opinion" but it's not once or twice.. it's in every other thread.. The fans who make up fake conspiracy theories or the ones that can't handle the fact for some shit reason that she had to have a baby now 

#1 selling album.. the only black woman to do it within four decades, RRHOF nomination, awesome fucking album, & bringing life in the world

You're trying to combine multiple different types fans into two. Janet fans aren't a coin at all. Nothing is that simple 

Oh yes you are. Don't give yourself too much. You're not that complex to figure out. In viewing your posts since becoming a member on here, I can see that you are rather incorrigible and your fervent loyalty to Janet has blinded you. You scoff at any real constructive criticism given toward Janet (like how you're doing now), by continuously stating the obvious. Yes, we know Janet had a #1 album. Yes, we know Janet is pregnant. Those things are wonderful. But that #1 album was also poorly promoted and it's total WW sales are abysmal. That could have been rectified had Janet made better choices with her career. Janet's pregnancy is great, yet the way she handled it was unprofessional. She cancelled this tour in April, yet she still has yet to actually announce a pregnancy and give fans a legitimate explanation as to why their funds are being held in limbo. A tweet or two saying she misses fans does not remedy the situation. She has shitted on fans, especially European fans, for far too long to just give out a few tweets. And she expects fans to buy more tickets to see her next year? The cold distance from fans she is displaying will not do her in any favors. She needs to completely rebrand herself to get people interested in her again, but she has no interest in that. 

So with all that said, it's pretty obvious which side of the coin you're own. And many fans are disappointed, including you. "You can't run away from your pain, because wherever you run, there you will be."

• Upvote 4

she has to prove something to save face with both Live Nation and her fans because there are fewer of them, she put folks off after cancelling shows and postponing to "plan a family" I will say if she indeed got the news she could conceive then I am very happy for her, but if something else is going on Im very disappointed that the truth wasnt good enough for her fans who have stood by her and waited and supported. All I will say here is Janet knows what's true and what isn't and whether she really is pregnant, ever was, or was trying to become...Janet knows and that alone is good enough for me, if she knows she aint preggars and let the fans and public think she was ......live with that lie....

You clearly don't believe Janet is pregnant. What do you think she is hiding? And why lie about a pregnancy when you know people are going to be expecting to see a baby soon? She would have been better off going with those false cancer rumors if she wanted an excuse and sympathy for cancelling the tour.

• Upvote 2

You clearly don't believe Janet is pregnant. What do you think she is hiding? And why lie about a pregnancy when you know people are going to be expecting to see a baby soon? She would have been better off going with those false cancer rumors if she wanted an excuse and sympathy for cancelling the tour.

pregnancy inspires joy and best wishes, cancer leaves people concerned about your welfare. You can get pregnant and not reach full term for many reasons. Cancer is either you have it or ya dont

Oh yes you are. Don't give yourself too much. You're not that complex to figure out. In viewing your posts since becoming a member on here, I can see that you are rather incorrigible and your fervent loyalty to Janet has blinded you. You scoff at any real constructive criticism given toward Janet (like how you're doing now), by continuously stating the obvious. Yes, we know Janet had a #1 album. Yes, we know Janet is pregnant. Those things are wonderful. But that #1 album was also poorly promoted and it's total WW sales are abysmal. That could have been rectified had Janet made better choices with her career. Janet's pregnancy is great, yet the way she handled it was unprofessional. She cancelled this tour in April, yet she still has yet to actually announce a pregnancy and give fans a legitimate explanation as to why their funds are being held in limbo. A tweet or two saying she misses fans does not remedy the situation. She has shitted on fans, especially European fans, for far too long to just give out a few tweets. And she expects fans to buy more tickets to see her next year? The cold distance from fans she is displaying will not do her in any favors. She needs to completely rebrand herself to get people interested in her again, but she has no interest in that. 

So with all that said, it's pretty obvious which side of the coin you're own. And many fans are disappointed, including you. "You can't run away from you pain, because wherever you run, there you will be."

I do believe that Janet is in a totally different head space now.  And I must admit that as a long time fan and supporter of Janet I often times give her the benefit of the doubt. She has given us the best years of her life. And her music has helped me through a lot of really tough times. 

pregnancy inspires joy and best wishes, cancer leaves people concerned about your welfare. You can get pregnant and not reach full term for many reasons. Cancer is either you have it or ya dont

I get it. Now if Janet surfaces with a baby will you be one of those people who will say her surrogate give birth to the baby? Because at this point I don't think we will see a pregnant Janet walking around. And I don't think she will give a fu*k who didn't think she was really pregnant. 

• Upvote 1

I get it. Now if Janet surfaces with a baby will you be one of those people who will say her surrogate give birth to the baby? Because at this point I don't think we will see a pregnant Janet walking around. And I don't think she will give a fu*k who didn't think she was really pregnant. 

I agree with the idea that she wont show herself nor care, I dont care how she has a child, I really want her to, I think being a mom will change Janet at a fundamental level. So if there is a baby coming, Im over joyed for her

• Upvote 1

Honestly, even though the era was below expectations for many and things could have been handled better, I wouldn't consider this era some total failure.

I think lack transparency and communication was a big problem, but some fans wanted this era to be bigger than what it was ever going to be. As an Indie project, there was probably no intention for this to be a big project. Therefore, even if it only sold a few hundred thousand copies, it still made a profit simply because she didn't invest a lot into the project. Also, the first leg was a money maker. Nothing like th RWU tour. So the porject made money....

Honestly, if she is gonna come back, the rest of the tour will have to be significantly scaled down.

• Upvote 2

^^ I think some of us already expected this era to be different, I'm not upset at the lack of promotion, interviews, any of the things we had become used to. I did feel like Janet wasn't completely attached to the project, BUT she did say "Unbreakable" was for "you" as in her fans, so she did deliver there.

I dont know about scaling the show back, it wasn't too big or too small to begin with it was great though in terms of the lighting, the sound, and production.

• Upvote 1

So with all that said, it's pretty obvious which side of the coin you're own. And many fans are disappointed, including you. "You can't run away from your pain, because wherever you run, there you will be."

Thats not still happening is it??????? I thought everyone had their money back?

Thats not still happening is it??????? I thought everyone had their money back?

what I will say, after seeing Janet in concert twice every tour since Janet. ......she proves herself ..she has demand and she sold out shows in the US, screw Vegas, do you baby girl and I am there, as a die hard fan ....Ive been here..for a very very long time

I was a kid when I fell in love with Janet. Back then, I didn't know anything about chart postitions, and didn't understand that music was a business like everything else, and sales mattered for success. 

Fandom is very colorful. Some just like her and don't pay attention to awards, and the business side. 

Others idolize her via bragging rights, and diva wars, awards, charts positions, etc... I recognize that those things are important. However, I don't really give a fuck about it. I look at the product, buy it, love it or hate it. 

Janet has always managed to make me love her songs with visuals. All For You, for example, was a song I didn't care for when I heard it on the radio. After the video mix version, I was hooked on it like a crackhead to crack. 

That is what I always expected it to be. Some she delivered, some she didn't. 

She let go of many gems and opportunities. I get that she is indy, but that is completely irrelevant to me, for Im not here for the business side of her art.... And not everyone is going to be.

Fans who are dissappointed are justified in being dissappointed. It's emotional and emotions are genuine. I for one, forgive her for having a baby, and understand why she had to cut he tour short, but being that the era was was all hype, and just analbum, I can't help being dissappointed. It's honestly what I feel. 

That dosen't mean I hate Janet, and I don't support her.

• Upvote 1

LOL  trust gurl!  Janet has and honey I just started as well...lil botox and lipo aint hurt nobody. 

Oh no toots, Black don't crack (unless Black does crack). cat_zpsebvh5uip.png

tea.gif

• Upvote 1

Its very crystal clear that Janet isn't "hungry" anymore but is she the first artist to not be as present as she was in her heyday? Absolutely not. And wont be the last. Trust me, I understand why frustration runs high. I get it. But THE problem is you all hold Janet up to this unrealistic high standard that other acts can be excused for.

Janet could have performed on EVERY award show and did 10 million interviews but she was only gonna get so far saleswise anyway. Her age is the BIGGEST ODD against her and thats what alot of you need to be realistic about. Janet understands her position in the game now. She's not a stupid woman. Why go so hard when youre not gonna get that far anyway... is a mindset Im sure she is in and/or thought about. 

Alot of you who are focusing on the bad..ignoring the good is beneath you. Alot of you were the same exact ppl saying ..

"Discipline".. is her last album". 

"She's done. She's retired"

"Hope you seen her on the last tour cus she's never ever hitting the road again"

And what did she do? Proved all that speculation to be WRONG. She is an unpredictable artist. And moves quietly. You all should know who you stan for by now. 

It would have been nice for Janet to be more "connected" to the fans since this album was for the fans but its nothing to lose sleep over. Its not worth getting bags under my eyes. But I know the shade and trolling will continue cus some of you simply dont kno how else to be. Do you but dont call the ppl arent being negative "yes" ppl just cause they dont waste the time and energy beating their keyboards over something they cant change. Look into reevaluating why continuing to do so ,will help any of this. 

• Upvote 6

The extreme exaggeration of "if youre not disappointed in her, you're a blind fan that sees no fault in anything she's ever done", really does that side of the argument/discussion a disservice & is a shining example of irrationality. Some of us quite frankly got what we wanted and were satisfied with what we got (an amazing album thats easily 1 of her best & worthy of being called 1 of her best). There's reason for wanting more, she's given more time & time again. But maybe alot of fans like myself knew there would come a time where the music itself would be the most important thing about the era, & as long as the music was personal & amazing & clearly took hard work & energy, thats all we needed. If I were dictating her every move like overzealous fans on either side love to do, itd be a different era. But she is her own women, in this industry for over 40yrs of her 50yrs alive, she'll do what she wants, when she wants, how, when & leave us wondering why. And its a matter of knowing that, embracing that, & moving on.

Its not as much about denying anything or being delusioned about anything as it is with understanding the situation, and choosing to not dwell on outcomes you cant change and handling the good you were. She didn't have to come back but id have her do everything exactly the same with Unbreakable being the highlight of the era vs. An album with all the promo & performances & the album's basically another Discipline.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 6