Official: Madonna’s 14th Album-“Madame X”

Lenzo88

I am SOOOOOOOOO mad that Soltera is SO BOP af compared to “MEDELLIN”!!! 

Seriously, MUCH more first single worthy than Spanish 101!!! 😫👀🤷🏾‍♂️

she betta do an epic mash-up of both songs on her Madame X Tour if it even becomes a moderate hit in Latin countries.

So Madead now wants us to know that Madead X is a continuation on AL. I mean.. after all the dreadful released tracks (sans crave but her voice almost ruins everything) she wants us to believe that she has masterpieces like Hollywood, Love Profusion and THIS on the album? 

giphy.gif

Madonna needs a dose of adrenaline...sis should have picked better artist to bleed dry because Sway Lee and Quavo ain't doing it....girl find that weird Billie girl or Ariana Grande...this isn't looking to good. 

Rebel Hearts failure was blamed on a leaked album...what's gonna be the excuse this time? 👀 Hopefully sis can pull it together... 😕 To bad Iggy scooped up them RuPaul drag girls, that would have been perfect for Madge.

• Upvote 1

I liked the Crave video except for most of the scenes with Madonna. :unsure: 

The only parts I liked with her were releasing the pigeons at the beginning and end and some of the rooftop scenes. Otherwise her movements were so tragic and distracting and didn't suit the song AT ALL. Good god... we get it, you are 60 and can act like you're 16 if you want. Great! The point is, it's so clear none of this comes naturally to her and she is trying so hard to remain "cool." Just be your fucking self! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Madonna needs a dose of adrenaline...sis should have picked better artist to bleed dry because Sway Lee and Quavo ain't doing it....girl find that weird Billie girl or Ariana Grande...this isn't looking to good. 

Rebel Hearts failure was blamed on a leaked album...what's gonna be the excuse this time? 👀 Hopefully sis can pull it together... 😕 To bad Iggy scooped up them RuPaul drag girls, that would have been perfect for Madge.

Drag queens can’t save Madonna

This album is forced and a bit lazy. It feels marketed and she’s trying too hard to stay relevant. 

The thing is Madonna been trying TOO hard since “Hard Candy” 11 years ago!!! It’s like at 50, her thirst for relevancy began and has only gotten worse over time. I enjoyed “Crave” immensely for the visuals as usual but this album is seeming more gimmicky in execution than even “MDNA” and “Rebel Heart” were. It’s not even about acting her age anymore, the concept is already lost on me! 😳🤔🤷🏾‍♂️

Honestly, at this point, a hope the album as a whole is at least decent musically cause thematically, what’s even the point of the Madame X moniker besides tacky merchandise at this point??? 🤔 Ehhh, I’ll buy a shirt as a donation I guess. 🤷🏾‍♂️

MDNA had some good bops and better direction. 'Im Addicted' goes awf!!! 'Gang Bang' is deliciously inappropriate. 'Girl Gone Wild' was fun and 'Falling Free' was beautiful. 

but I agree, Hard Candy was her first attempt to remain relevant with all those flavor or the month artists and producers and Rebel Heart was disappointing except 'Devil Pray'.

this new album is gonna be a blow to her ego, I just hope the people around her are being honest. :unsure:  Hopefully she is at the point where she just likes to make music for her fans but that's hard to say when she collaborates with Quavo and Sway Lee -_-

The video for Crave didn't do very much for me. I still wanna hold out hope and see what happens with this album. I was hoping that by this point Madonna would give up on trying to appeal to radio by working with current artists when the radio will not play her songs regardless. I wanna listen to the whole album and see if there's some sort of overarching theme with this everywoman persona Madame X appears to be. I think what disappoints me most about this era thus far is that she didn't go all dark with her hair like she teased. She only wore a wig for select shots. She looks much better as a brunette and it would be a nice change of pace from the blonde, which has become tiring to me.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

MDNA had some good bops and better direction. 'Im Addicted' goes awf!!! 'Gang Bang' is deliciously inappropriate. 'Girl Gone Wild' was fun and 'Falling Free' was beautiful. 

but I agree, Hard Candy was her first attempt to remain relevant with all those flavor or the month artists and producers and Rebel Heart was disappointing except 'Devil Pray'.

this new album is gonna be a blow to her ego, I just hope the people around her are being honest. :unsure:  Hopefully she is at the point where she just likes to make music for her fans but that's hard to say when she collaborates with Quavo and Sway Lee -_-

YES at those MDNA choices. I liked all of those ones, although I don't remember Falling Free. As for this album being a blow to her ego, you may have a point there. I don't think the singles have charted at all on the BB Hot 100. Rebel Heart was very close to having this fate until she released "Bitch, I'm Madonna" which peaked in the 80s. I wonder how she'll stage this theatre tour. She might have been giving us slight hints of what she may do with her Tears of a Clown mini show during the RH era.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Voodoo said:

'.

She has yes people like Trump I’m sure. “Ya gurl.. it’s agist that you flopped so hard”

And she’s not making music for fun

Im not getting a cohesive vibe, I feel like the comments here are really telling what's wrong. Instead of trying so hard to be cool, why not work hard on a great album with great records that as a collection work together? Why not say, if people like it okay if they dont thats okay too I put out something im passionate about and I love it

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, Bailey said:

Im not getting a cohesive vibe, I feel like the comments here are really telling what's wrong. Instead of trying so hard to be cool, why not work hard on a great album with great records that as a collection work together? Why not say, if people like it okay if they dont thats okay too I put out something im passionate about and I love it

Honestly, I feel Madonna’s passion for music is still there but it’s more about business than actually being creative and visionary anymore. ☹️ I mean it almost seems like it with all the merchandise and the way this era (not to mention, previous 3 eras have rolled out) Where Janet and Mariah are still doing it for the fans!!!  She can still put on a show (good or embarrassing! 👀) but the effort is more of keeping her name and brand out there more than anything. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zeb1814 said:

This era feels like a rehash of rebel heart to me. 

It does. I'm actually over her talking in that monotone fake accent before every video and performance...it sounds so contrived and forced. We get it girl...you deep or think that you are...:unsure:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voodoo said:

It does. I'm actually over her talking in that monotone fake accent before every video and performance...it sounds so contrived and forced. We get it girl...you deep or think that you are...:unsure:

It's not just us either, Madonna's hardcore stans are saying the same thing. Is she contractually obliged to make these albums??? I was under the impression she had a 360 deal with livenation. Not sure if that's true or what but it makes sense to me.

I feel like her voice is shot at this point. The only reason this album is being released is so she has new material to perform on tour, but what's the point if she's just rehashing RH??? I'm not used to era's being so similar in her case. It's odd. 

I think, if you don't have inspiration to do an album or a vision for it DO NOT continue to release subpar material. It dilutes your catalog and hurts your reputation. I felt the same way with Janet in the damita jo - number ones era. 20 yo should've never been released. 

Y'all... Madonna has been thirsty for attention, trend-chasing, and egomaniacal since EVER. Wake up. It's like it's a new thing every time she comes back around with Janet stans. Her quality control has merely dipped with time imo.

I think this is shaping up to be a nice album, definitely better than HC/MDNA and at least on par with Rebel Shart. So far the singles sound relatively cohesive to me - at least in terms of vocal production and overall mood. The imagery and looks are old hat for her, but I don't expect much new by now, she's done it all. I won't be going to the MX tour because I refuse to pay $300 for mediocre seats, hopefully some of you can enjoy.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that "Crave" only has 2.4 million views on YT now after a week. I thought it'd have more by now. Having Swae as a featured artist didn't translate into having his fans watch the video in droves. I wonder if she'll give us more audios of the songs on this album. I wanna hear "Extreme Occident" just because it sounds kinda pretentious, although I like the title.

Poor 70 year old Madonna... If she just embraces her age and not good all “THATS AGEIST/SEXIST” every five minutes, she would stand a chance

Is it sexist to include her age? Sure.. but it’s fact! She’s 70 years old and she should be proud to be the oldest pop star with zero vocal & stage talent to be on the cover of whatever fake news cover 

I like how she went all Trumpy with the “FAILING NYT” line and the “ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE” follow up.

Speaking of contradictions.... She isn’t championing for the reporter :umm: like respect is earned Grandma Donna. You don’t garner respect bc you’re old