What's your role in your circle of friends

Aquaria

TOF does have friends :rolleyes: I am one of them ^_^:lol:

But I'm pretty much the mother in my group of friends as well. I'm always the one people come to for advice or just tips on things, the one they cry to, the wise one, the protective one. It's like a lioness and her cubs sort of thing.

I'm also the nerd they ask when they want book, music or movie suggestions :lol:

I reality I don't think many people occupy one role in their circle of friends - if they even have a circle. Most people I know have a friend or friends which occupy different parts of their lives and these friends may rarely come into contact with each other.

For me I have some old friends from high school, friends from uni, friends I've met out and about etc. some of these are people I talk to often and some not.

Some friends I may not speak to for weeks but I know they are there if I need anything and viva versa. Then there are the friends you might see every week or so to go out partying with but it's not a deep relationship.

And just like how each of these play a different role in my life, I play a different role in theirs.

To some I'm the jokey fun party person. To others I'm the grab a coffee and catch up and talk about the news with. To others I'm their shoulder to lean on etc etc.

I'm the one that will drive to you in need at any moment. Im the one that when they want to leave someone they with they tell me. It's weird people come and go in your life, as for friends I place value into the relationships where there may not be that much. I find people are just fickle, so I tend to keep to myself until I feel like being the social butterfly. I think we have a nature vs nurture issue in life, some of us my have been nurtured against our nature. So when my nature comes out its friendly and personable, other times Im quiet and reserved. Im the one that truly gives a damn, even if we haven't spoken in awhile I still love you, quick to forgive, wears my heart on my sleeve kinda guy.

I reality I don't think many people occupy one role in their circle of friends - if they even have a circle. Most people I know have a friend or friends which occupy different parts of their lives and these friends may rarely come into contact with each other.

For me I have some old friends from high school, friends from uni, friends I've met out and about etc. some of these are people I talk to often and some not.

Some friends I may not speak to for weeks but I know they are there if I need anything and viva versa. Then there are the friends you might see every week or so to go out partying with but it's not a deep relationship.

And just like how each of these play a different role in my life, I play a different role in theirs.

To some I'm the jokey fun party person. To others I'm the grab a coffee and catch up and talk about the news with. To others I'm their shoulder to lean on etc etc.

I mean if the question didn't apply to you you could have just said that :coffee: