BB 100 says F U to quality and revamps their formula

Utopia

But the icons before them, accomplishments are slowly becoming a distant memory. You have Rihanna on her way of all ppl about to have the most #1s by a female artist in history...and quite possibly will Top the Beatles. Mariah and The Beatles achievements will be yesterdays news when this happens and thats just...really fucked.up...Idk

Smh. Meanwhile Bill Werde from Billboard is setting up camp in my mentions. He just can't seem to see the problem with this.

Charts should be based on sales alone, it's the fairest way. Radio is ridiculously polarised now. YouTube etc doesn't necessarily show popularity, it measures curiosity.

We all watch videos of songs that we have no interest in buying just to see "how fat is xtina now" or "what crazy crap is gaga wearing". If I watch a video and then choose to buy the song that means I like it and that is what should be measured.

• Upvote 5

Charts should be based on sales alone, it's the fairest way. Radio is ridiculously polarised now. YouTube etc doesn't necessarily show popularity, it measures curiosity.

We all watch videos of songs that we have no interest in buying just to see "how fat is xtina now" or "what crazy crap is gaga wearing". If I watch a video and then choose to buy the song that means I like it and that is what should be measured.

Did not detect one fucking lie. Stupidly that's what Billboard isn't realizing.

Baauer (born Harry Rodrigues) has taken advantage of the digital era (and the Hot 100's formula revision) to quickly make his hit the most popular song in the country. The track has surged thanks to the suddenly wildly popular "Harlem Shake" meme. (Its concept: a 30-second video begins with a person dancing to the song alone for 15 seconds, while other people appear unaware of the movement. Then, all participants join in for the clip's second half.)

Fueled by the song's audio as a backing track, "Shake" debuts on the BDS-based Streaming Songs chart with an astounding 103 million weekly streams. The title does not appear on On-Demand Songs as only 309,000 of its streams stem from the online subscription services that contribute to that chart.

As "Shake" takes over atop the Hot 100 (and Dance/Electronic Songs, where it leaps from No. 12), it dethrones Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop," featuring Wanz, after a four-week reign.

Showing just how strong "Shake" is in streaming, "Shop" registered an impressive 10.1 million streams in the chart's tracking week (dipping 1-2 on Streaming Songs), but the figure is clearly exponentially lower than the 103 million for "Shake." "Shake," in fact, leads the Hot 100 with three-and-a-half times the overall chart points total of "Shop."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1549388/baauers-harlem-shake-debuts-atop-revamped-hot-100

A fucking MESS. With this new formula HS has what 200%+ more points than the #2 song :mellow:

:lmao: :lmao: Billboard keeps them bothered! When they revamped the specific genre charts, I gagged! :lmao: They don't give a nary fuck!

Get on board or stay the fuck behind. :asham:

It's too funny that gif - it's so apt. They basically did that to brandy when the head of billboard wrote that long ass article explaining the rule changes :tear:

PS is that white lady in the gif from Desperate Housewives?

It's too funny that gif - it's so apt. They basically did that to brandy when the head of billboard wrote that long ass article explaining the rule changes :tear:

PS is that white lady in the gif from Desperate Housewives?

Yeah, that was kinda fucked up. >_< And just in time for someone who I'm not gonna mention to be number 1 on the chart. -_-

No, it's not her. :lmao:

It's a bit silly for people to act like members are "pressed" or "bothered" over changes made to a chart we have no personal investment in.

It's a discussion about what represents us as consumers and the music we actually enjoy/purchase rather than what radio dictates to us or making assumptions about why we are viewing something.

Good for any artist that benefits from these changes, but yet again it's another nail in the coffin for the validity of the billboard charts.

• Upvote 2

Co-sign.

Our ARIA chart has always been sales-based. Yes, crap music charts highly here too, but at least it's an accurate reflection of the popularity and of the consumer.

A glimpse into what will dominant the comments sections of YouTube:

One Direction fans:

20 MIN GUYS REFRESH NOOOOOT REPLAY GUYS

REFRESH!!!

I want to fucking know how much views there are!!!

REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, it would mean a lot to the boys and to us Directioners, to know we made the boys proud. Come on!!! Lets make 'em proud!!! :) :) :) :) :)

:lol:

Billboard is evolving just like the musical landscape. Music is highly accessible now as opposed to the 80's and 90's. It was just a matter of time before this was gonna happen.

Accessible, sure, but it's no more obtainable in terms of legal ownership given the closure of record stores balanced out with the rise in online vendors. Transactions are the only thing that should count.

• Upvote 1