Fugitive on the loose for spreading HIV to over 300 people!!!

JoeJoe

Fugitive Wanted For Intentionally Spreading HIV to Hundreds of Gay Men in Tri-State Area

By Jennifer Kelly

| Friday, Mar 1, 2013 | Updated 11:45 AM EST

| 2419 1856 172 Google +42 34 |

isaacburks.jpg

NEW YORK, NY -- Hundreds of New York residents -- and others -- may have been infected with HIV by a man who police believe has been on a ten-year mission to transmit the disease to as many people as he could. Today officials announced 8 charges of Criminal Transmission of HIV have been filed against Isaac Don Burks.

Police say Burks, 31, of West New York, knowingly spread the virus to a number of gay men in the New York area. Police say his potential victims could date back as far as 2003. Burks is described as a black male, six feet two inches tall, weighing 185 pounds. He is 31 years old with medium brown skin.

Burks' mission to sicken his lovers likely stretched to other states including anyone he may have seduced via Adam4Adam.com, BGCLive.com, Grindr or the popular app Jackd as he did with four of the eight victims who came forward.

"He's sick in the head!" the alleged victim, who didn't want to be identified, told NBC News. "He told me that he was recently tested and was negative, and then I found his AIDS meds hidden in his closet. He confessed everything when I confronted him."

The man, who was diagnosed with HIV in October 2012, told the TV station that Burks told him there were over 300 victims including men and women.

"He has been in a drug fueled downward spiral since his mother died. He loves to party with cocaine, crystal meth, ecstasy, or weed," said the alleged victim. "Once you're inebriated you let your guard down. He goes after people who are negative. He mostly sleeps with men, and from what I understand, he sometimes prostitutes."

Health officials released an alert to residents of New York that "possibly hundreds have been exposed to HIV," and encouraged possible victims to come forward and be tested.

New York City Health Department spokesperson Kate Caraway said this is the first time they have seen someone deliberately trying to spread HIV to so many people.

"We want to make sure that anyone who may have injected drugs with , who may have had sex with him, does come forward and get tested," Caraway told the TV station. "We want to make sure that they're not spreading the virus to anyone else."

Burks is still at large.

Isaac Don Burks has gone by several alias throughout the years including: Stephawn Burks, Stefan Levine, Isaac Levine, Stefan Burks, and Walter Brooks.

Anyone who contacts the police regarding their possible exposure, should rest assured that the police department will protect their confidentially and are only seeking information to aid in the prosecution of Burks.

Police say Burks also has numerous outstanding warrants in several states for Fraud, Forgery, Identity Theft, and Financial Identity Fraud.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Isaac Burks is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-CRIMESC (888-274-6372). Your call will remain anonymous.

Your tip could earn you a cash reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to the arrest of Burks.

- See more at: http://www.nbcnewyork4.com/news/local/fugitive-wanted-for-intentionally-spreading-hiv.html#sthash.03u9vgon.dpuf

these dudes out here want it raw they don't even realize the 80s and what happen, I see a lot of guys that are in their 20s poz

that's a shame and the fact that his victims are guys and girls show how nasty everybody is these days. IDK why the damn print came out so small when I copied and pasted it lol

these dudes out here want it raw they don't even realize the 80s and what happen, I see a lot of guys that are in their 20s poz

I remember an interview with Sarah Jessica Parker from a couple of years ago where she said it's so scary that a lot of young gay people these days don't seem to understand the severity of HIV and AIDS because they weren't around to see it scare the hell out of everybody. It's like the shock of it all has skipped a generation.

Most people under 25 aren't being taught about sexual education and how to love themselves and their own bodies. While it is shocking that one evil man can infect 300 people...it is also a wake up call to folks and their behaviors: PROTECT YOURSELF!! There is absolutely no excuse for all of these people to be engaging in unprotected sex.

I saw one of the guys that came forward and said he told or showed them that he was negative and their dumbasses believed him and did it without the condom. smh..

2013 you should tell everyone you have sex with that the condom stays on. Don't even attempt to ask to remove it because it's not happening..

Fuck Trust. If you can't deal with that, then fuck you too..

• Upvote 2

I saw one of the guys that came forward and said he told or showed them that he was negative and their dumbasses believed him and did it without the condom. smh..

2013 you should tell everyone you have sex with that the condom stays on. Don't even attempt to ask to remove it because it's not happening..

that's fuckin' scandalous :o

Carrying and showing your papers (which could be old or photoshopped) should never be an excuse to not protect yourself and put your health at risk.

Come on people, value yourself and your health. Is the sex really worth it?

• Upvote 1

He cute tho.

which is sad cause I bet alot of people dropped them drawers just cause of his looks

How sick could someone possibly be? :mellow:

Well over the weekend a man in Sacramento, CA killed his 9yr old son with a hatchet. He had a history of violence and was still granted custody :mellow:

Man accused of killing 9-year-old son with hatchet had custody despite record of violence

By Kim Minugh

kminugh@sacbee.com

Published: Friday, Mar. 1, 2013 - 12:00 am | Page 1B

Last Modified: Sunday, Mar. 3, 2013 - 2:51 pm

Nine months out of prison, Phillip Hernandez wrote an impassioned plea to Sacramento's family court to let him try fatherhood.

He described being a "fully and utterly changed" man with a desire to "correct past wrongs." He talked about going to work and saving money and buying a home for himself and his boys, whom he hadn't seen in three years.

"Because ultimately, they are what matter, my view of life and what is important in it is family," he wrote to the court in July 2008, asking for visitation rights. "Please hear my plea and help me be there. … I want to give them what I didn't have – a father."

The words hardly sound like those of the man portrayed in earlier criminal court records as abusive of his wife, disobedient of the law and defiant of the court. And most starkly, they stand in contrast to the depiction of Hernandez by Sacramento police as a child killer.

Police allege that Hernandez used a hatchet to brutally attack his youngest son, 9-year-old Matthew Raymond Hernandez, as he slept on the couch of their South Natomas home Tuesday night. The violence was witnessed by the boy's great-grandmother, who made two hysterical 911 calls.

Officers arrived to find the fourth-grader dead and his 12-year-old brother, who was home at the time of the slaying, unharmed. Hernandez, 36, was arrested about a mile away.

He is scheduled to be arraigned today on one charge of murder.

Detectives, relatives and community members have sought answers in the aftermath of the attack, to no avail. Hernandez is being held in the Sacramento County Main Jail's psychiatric ward, but no one has alleged that he is mentally ill.

Criminal and family court records dating back to 2004 offer a troubling portrait of Hernandez. Three months after separating from his wife and the mother of his two children, Jessica Hernandez, he pleaded no contest to inflicting felony corporal injury upon her.

He was sentenced to 120 days in jail and five years of formal probation. According to Sacramento Superior Court records, the requirements of his probation included alcohol and drug rehabilitation; completion of a 52-week batterers' treatment program; and no contact with the victim.

In April 2005, the court revoked his probation at the urging of the Probation Department, records show. He consistently failed to attend his batterers' treatment program; he did not enroll in a rehab program and he did not make scheduled restitution payments, according to the records.

Hernandez was sent to the Sheriff's Work Project as a result, but he failed to show up to that, too, and a no-bail warrant was issued for his arrest. He then served 90 days of jail time, records show.

He violated the terms of his probation again in November 2005 when he was arrested in West Sacramento on suspicion of domestic violence, according to the court records. Shortly thereafter, the court again revoked his probation; he still had not completed a batterers' treatment program ordrug rehab and he violated a court-imposed restraining order by contacting his ex-wife.

In that incident, he argued with Jessica Hernandez, forced his way into her doorway, bruised her arm and smashed her cellphone as she tried to call police, according to the West Sacramento police report filed in court.

Hernandez was sent to prison in July 2006, serving concurrent terms for the probation violation in Sacramento County and the domestic violence conviction in Yolo County. He was released in October 2007.

Public records and those provided by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation do not indicate any parole violations or other criminal charges since then. He was discharged from parole in November 2008.

It was July 31 of that year when he pleaded with the court to allow him access to his two boys. A family court judge issued a temporary order allowing him one visit a month, to which Jessica Hernandez immediately objected.

"He is a dangerous man and I am terrified to leave my sons in his care," she wrote.

They were sent to mediation and in January 2009 signed an agreement that gave custody to the boys' mother and some visitation rights to their father, according to records contained in the couple's divorce file.

That summer, Jessica Hernandez allowed the children to stay with their father "to try and make up for the time he had missed in their lives" and because "he was in a better financial position than me," she wrote in a later court document.

Meanwhile, Phillip Hernandez wrote to the court, charging that the boys' mother was "unstable" and not caring properly for them.

It was not immediately clear from the court file whether the boys ever returned to the physical custody of their mother. Last October, she wrote to the court saying her financial status and "quality of life" had improved and she wanted the boys to move out of state to join her.

"This is nothing personal toward their father," she wrote. "I am certain I could provide for them better for the time being."

But a judge ordered custody to Phillip Hernandez, with visitation for Jessica. The parties were scheduled to return to court in July for an update.

Meanwhile, their 12-year-old son is staying with family since his father's arrest.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.co...l#storylink=cpy

if you click on the link, this story is from 2010. Besides, Issac Burks has posted to his Facebook page, that this story isn't true. Here is a link to his page: https://www.facebook.com/issac.burks

Something seems a little fishy about this whole thing.

This is giving a basic fag trying to ruin someone's reputation

well this is a damn shame. Why would they be putting that shit all over twitter and facebook now damn near 3 years later smh

well this is a damn shame. Why would they be putting that shit all over twitter and facebook now damn near 3 years later smh

I just reread the link, and the link was for identity theft charges from 2010, but the HIV story seems like a hoax.

Reports of man spreading HIV intentionally are a malicious Internet Hoax

http://www.examiner.com/article/reports-of-man-spreading-hiv-intentionally-are-a-malicious-internet-hoax?fb_action_ids=560558513968768&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=timeline_og

Friday, a news report from an NBC affiliate in New York circulated the web via blogs claiming that police were searching for a man named Isaac Don Burks for intentionally spreading HIV in the NY Tri-State area. Over the weekend the story spread like wildfire via blogs, Facebook, Twitter, even Michael Baisden and Steve Harvey shared the "story". On Monday, the original source was called into question when the link being shared redirected to an Augusta news site.

The original source came from a fake site made to look like the NBC New York 4 website. The slight difference was in the domain. The real NBC affiliate's domain is www.nbcnewyork.com the fake site used www.nbcnewyork4.com. The original story url still shows up in Google search as http://nbcnewyork4.com/news/local/fugitive-wanted-for-intentionally-spre... yet you no longer go to the original report. Instead, when you click on the link you are directed to an Augusta story about the same man, but for a different incident in 2010 involving identity fraud and forgery. Once the site redirect happened, people began to question the validity of the report. On Monday, the victim of the hoax issued a statement via his Facebook page stating that he will "pray 4 the person or persons responsible for creating a false story about me spreading HIV to hundreds of people."

Burks went on to express his sadness over the situation due to witnessing what HIV and AIDS does to a person, “I would love to get on here and bash every lie and false story that is floating around, but have a life to live. I have friends and family who know and love me dearly and are in my corner. I am not a person who would intentionally bring pain and hurt to anyones life. I have seen what this disease does to people first hand losing my best-friend to this at such a young age. It baffles me to think that someone would actually have so much hate in their heart to make a [fictitious] news article and take my past experiences to add more significance to the story."

A newer version of the false report is now circulating using information from Burks' 2010 incident to tie into the false HIV story. However, this version made a mistake by mentioning a quote implying it came from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. This Examiner decided to contact the department to verify if indeed they issued a statement about this story and if it was true. Veronica Lewin, Assistant Press Secretary for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, contacted me via email and telephone to advise they were informed about the story and that it is indeed a hoax.

Even though this story has been proved to be false, many will still share the false report. Let’s hope damage done by this malicious false report won’t have a lasting effect on the life of Mr. Burks. If you want o verify that the viral report is a hoax you can contact the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene via email at Pressoffice@health.nyc.gov/.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls are VICIOUS... probably a jilted lover.