The TLC thread

RedSimba

• 2 weeks later...

J. Cole Taps TLC For Born Sinner

He enlisted Missy Elliott for his debut, and now J. Cole is calling on another iconic act for Born Sinner. The Roc Nation rapper has collaborated with TLC on his sophomore album.

During an interview with Fuse, Cole revealed that the R&B duo will be featured on the follow-up to his 2011 debut Cole World: The Sideline Story.

“I wanted to go with my favorites and then have them do the things that I love them for doing,” said Cole. “Like Missy Elliott on ‘Nobody’s Perfect’ sounds like Missy Elliott in the ’90s. It’s not like we try to go do something that’s not her. She’s doing what I loved her for. Same with TLC. They doing what I loved them for. Those are incredible features. TLC, that’s like a blessing even having them. That’s crazy.”

He recorded with T-Boz and Chilli separately. “I got T-Boz in L.A. She came out to the studio. I got her part. And I got Chilli in Atlanta. Just an incredible experience getting them there.”

Born Sinner will contain other guests, but no rappers. “There’s no rap features on the album. Nobody else other than J. Cole is rapping on the album, but there’s some great features,” he said.

TLC has also worked with Cole on their first album since 2003’s 3D.

Earlier this week, Cole announced that Born Sinner will drop a week earlier on June 18 to compete directly with Kanye West’s Yeezus.

http://www.rap-up.com/2013/05/24/j-cole-taps-tlc-for-born-sinner/#more-158819

I can't wait for this! :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shit just got deeper than a movie....................Lil Mama is "temporarily" gonna officially be the L of TLC for some performances, AND for some new songs

Lil Mama to Join TLC on Greatest Hits Album

lil-mama-tlc-thelavalizard.png

Who knew that Lil Mama was such a hot commodity in the music industry? Although she hasn’t scored a hit in years, the 23-year old rapper has stuck a chord with the members of TLC and will temporarily replace fallen member Left Eye on the group’s upcoming greatest hits album, due later this year.

Under the guidance of LA Reid, who first signed TLC to LaFace Records in 1991, the rejuvenated trio will release their compilation on October 15. Lil Mama, who plays Left Eye in the upcoming CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story biopic, will appear on the record and will also perform with the group at Vh1’s Mixtape Festival July 26-27.

“For 10 years we have been mourning the death of our sister Lisa, and although we have discussed the option of bringing in someone to perform with us, it never felt right at the time,” stated Chilli. “Watching Lil Mama on the set of our movie CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story reminded us of Lisa’s spirit, and, for the first time since her passing, we felt everything come together in an organic way.”

“Lil Mama’s authentic style, although very different from Lisa’s, got our creative juices flowing,” T-Boz added. “By bringing her in, we will continue to keep TLC’s music alive for a new generation of fans. We are thrilled to be writing this new chapter in The TLC story.

Of course, Lil Mama understands the magnitude of this opportunity. “Lisa Lopes was a one-of-kind performer who cannot be replaced. I am grateful to Chilli and T-Boz for the confidence they had in me to portray her in the film and to invite me to perform and record with them and pay tribute to her incredible talent.”

TLC’s greatest hits set will include the new songs “Meant to Be,” which was penned by Ne-Yo, and “Posh Life. The latter tune was was produced and co-written by Dallas Austin with the assistance of Lady Gaga. For a bit of nostalgia, watch TLC’s “No Scrubs” video below:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I face I may be alone in what Im about to say....................but Bitch I see it, like even with the age difference, she to me has a style very similar to Lisa YET, not a direct copy, Like I can see her fitting with them well and having a better shot at a career with them than as a predominantly solo artist. Overall Im just curious to see how she fits with them,Im fine with just T-Boz & Chili, but I'd be lying if I said I never secretly wanted them to really try it out with a new girl, I knew that "R U The Girl" thing wouldn't work because it was practically nobodies who had to become artists and work with the biggest U.S. girl group in the world. Lil Mama's an already established artist, had a touch of fame, got her name and image out there for like 6 yreas, it's a MUCH better fit than a complete nobody.

just my thoughts on the whole thing, I actually want it to work....didn't think I would, but I like

I see it as a "TLC featuring Lil' Mama" sorta deal. This is technically a "super group," but I'm open to it.

EXACTLY like thats how I see it too. And yea they arent the 1st legendary group to do this after a member died, just a great way to expand and try things on new terms.

I was just thinking about how I REALLLLLY do wish TLC & EV went on to record more in the 90's, especially EV, but I just hate that we don't have that many TLC albums, like I wish there was like at least 2 more albums before Fanmail. But both groups do have quality over quantity, so that's something lol.

I was just thinking about how I REALLLLLY do wish TLC & EV went on to record more in the 90's, especially EV, but I just hate that we don't have that many TLC albums, like I wish there was like at least 2 more albums before Fanmail. But both groups do have quality over quantity, so that's something lol.

Yeah it would've been nice if they released an album in 1996. I guess they went separate ways for a bit.

Yeah it would've been nice if they released an album in 1996. I guess they went separate ways for a bit.

I wish both TLC & EV actually released an album in 96 actually (really funny/cool you said that, I thought about actual years lol), in 96 TLC was on hold (until 99, actually I forgot they were going through their bankrupsy shit, so I guess that was the REAL hold off on Fanmail). And EV gave their peak song with DLG that year, if they released "EV3" in 96 when they were "EV4"............they'd be up there so much more lol. & If TLC had 1 more album before Fanmail...OH they'd just be un fucking matchable, LOL Im soo intense about this cause I just ran a mix marathon of both EV & TLC and it was JUST too short.

I wish both TLC & EV actually released an album in 96 actually (really funny/cool you said that, I thought about actual years lol), in 96 TLC was on hold (until 99, actually I forgot they were going through their bankrupsy shit, so I guess that was the REAL hold off on Fanmail). And EV gave their peak song with DLG that year, if they released "EV3" in 96 when they were "EV4"............they'd be up there so much more lol. & If TLC had 1 more album before Fanmail...OH they'd just be un fucking matchable, LOL Im soo intense about this cause I just ran a mix marathon of both EV & TLC and it was JUST too short.

Yeah I guess I see that year as one big gaping hole in their timeline lol. At least T-Boz released "Touch Myself" and Left Eye did Lil' Kim's "Not Tonight (Remix)" the following year (little victories lol). And that's true about the bankruptcy ~ only $50K for CSC, no wonder. >_< And I guess they were preoccupied with other things like T-Boz being hospitalized and Chilli having Tron.

If only EV had a good record deal that satisfied Dawn, maybe "EV4" would've happened. -_-I was just playing "My Lovin'" and "Give It Up Turn It Loose" yesterday. That group had classics

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Footage from 1989 of Lisa and her friend playing video games. It's kind of surreal because it's like a time capsule of late 80s/early 90s life. I love all those songs playing in the background Teddy Riley, Patti, Sybil ~ it's cool to see how popular they were at one point in time.

But the best part is if you go to around 7:00, you'll hear the radio DJ announce "Hear the brand new single from Janet Jackson 'Rhythm Nation'." For some reason, hearing that is absolutely incredible to me. :)

• 1 month later...

TLC Reveals Artwork & Tracklisting for New Album ’20′

Posted by: Denver Sean September 23, 2013 Leave a comment

TLC-20-album-artwork-lovebscott.jpg

TLC 20 album artwork

TLC has released the official artwork for their new album 20 — in stores on October 15th. The album celebrates the group’s 20 year career and is set to coincide with the release of their upcoming VH1 Original Movie, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story which airs on October 21st.

Serving as executive producers of CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, Chilli and T-Boz were inspired to hit the studio, resulting in so many songs that L.A. Reid & Epic Records have decided to release a full TLC album with all new music in early 2014.

So for those of you waiting for new TLC material, you’ll have to wait just a little longer. Check out the official tracklisting for 20 below.

1. Ain’t 2 Proud Beg

2. What About Your Friends

3. Baby, Baby, Baby

4. Hat 2 Da Back

5. Creep

6. Waterfalls

7. Red Light Special

8. Diggin’ on You

9. Kick Your Game

10. No Scrubs

11. Unpretty

12. Silly Ho

13. Damaged

14. Meant to Be

http://lovebscott.co...album-20-photo/

Now and Forever is still their best hits compilation. The tracklist was more thought-out, extensive, and in proper chronological order (i.e. everybody knows "Waterfalls" is supposed to come after "Red Light Special," not before -_-:lol:), but I'm looking forward to "Meant to Be" ^_^

TLC Reveals Artwork & Tracklisting for New Album ’20′

Posted by: Denver Sean September 23, 2013 Leave a comment

TLC-20-album-artwork-lovebscott.jpg

TLC 20 album artwork

TLC has released the official artwork for their new album 20 — in stores on October 15th. The album celebrates the group’s 20 year career and is set to coincide with the release of their upcoming VH1 Original Movie, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story which airs on October 21st.

Serving as executive producers of CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, Chilli and T-Boz were inspired to hit the studio, resulting in so many songs that L.A. Reid & Epic Records have decided to release a full TLC album with all new music in early 2014.

So for those of you waiting for new TLC material, you’ll have to wait just a little longer. Check out the official tracklisting for 20 below.

1. Ain’t 2 Proud Beg

2. What About Your Friends

3. Baby, Baby, Baby

4. Hat 2 Da Back

5. Creep

6. Waterfalls

7. Red Light Special

8. Diggin’ on You

9. Kick Your Game

10. No Scrubs

11. Unpretty

12. Silly Ho

13. Damaged

14. Meant to Be

http://lovebscott.co...album-20-photo/

Now and Forever is still their best hits compilation. The tracklist was more thought-out, extensive, and in proper chronological order (i.e. everybody knows "Waterfalls" is supposed to come after "Red Light Special," not before -_-:lol:), but I'm looking forward to "Meant to Be" ^_^

:-( im disappointed in this