The TLC thread

RedSimba

I don't even know the full story of TLC so this movie will be great for me. Looking forward to watch it .

Chille besides the movie, check out them Behind The Musics lol, theirs is rated the best for a reason lol. But the movie does go into more detail than the Behind The Music specials, but them specials were pretty great

(I love T-Boz saying, "If replacing Lisa was a option, we would've done that before she passed" LOL)

Chille besides the movie, check out them Behind The Musics lol, theirs is rated the best for a reason lol. But the movie does go into more detail than the Behind The Music specials, but them specials were pretty great

(I love T-Boz saying, "If replacing Lisa was a option, we would've done that before she passed" LOL)

I think I've seen that before when it originall aired lol. I can't remember a lot though.

This movie was gooood. i loved it. I think all 3 did a great job.

I think Pebbles is upset because she had good intentions, however, she got carried away in protecting her own interests, therefore leaving the group in the back burner. The good intentions part makes it hard for Pebble to get around that she indeed gave them a bad contract.

• Upvote 2

I think Pebbles is upset because she had good intentions, however, she got carried away in protecting her own interests, therefore leaving the group in the back burner. The good intentions part makes it hard for Pebble to get around that she indeed gave them a bad contract.

EXACTLY!

You could not have said it better. For the record, this is probably the case with most svengali

So the Crystal girl has a problem with how she was portrayed. The blogger states that the movie was distorted since it didn't feature other integral figures (You know JD helped T-Boz master her husky singing voice.). It's kinda petty only because they could have complained about how things went while they were in their prime. What you think?

http://straightfromthea.com/2013/10/22/crystal-selene-jones-origial-tlc-member-crazysexycool-biopic/

So the Crystal girl has a problem with how she was portrayed. The blogger states that the movie was distorted since it didn't feature other integral figures (You know JD helped T-Boz master her husky singing voice.). It's kinda petty only because they could have complained about how things went while they were in their prime. What you think?

http://straightfromt...exycool-biopic/

I can't blame her, from what I heard from their own mouths, that was intentional, and she actually could sing she just couldn't perform for shit, but the movie made her out to sound like LaToya & Vanity.

And people got the nerve to be like "Where was Usher" when Usher didn't have shit to do with TLC or key elements to their story like Dallas, and I thought they should've been asking wheres JD since he was very much there on them 1st 2 albums. (Tis also why I say there was more to be shown, to me anyway)

Bu, was/is TLC big over there?

I was too young in their prime to remember. In general...No Scrubs, Waterfalls and Unpretty still get heavy rotation. Paul and Selz would be able to tell ya more. When Lefteye died there was a little bit of fuss over it as all the music channels played all sorts of tributes (except the rock ones).

I can't blame her, from what I heard from their own mouths, that was intentional, and she actually could sing she just couldn't perform for shit, but the movie made her out to sound like LaToya & Vanity.

And people got the nerve to be like "Where was Usher" when Usher didn't have shit to do with TLC or key elements to their story like Dallas, and I thought they should've been asking wheres JD since he was very much there on them 1st 2 albums. (Tis also why I say there was more to be shown, to me anyway)

The blogger doesn't have much sympathy for their bad contracts and financial situation. However, even if they read the fine print, they still wouldn't be able to negotiate anything.

I just got done listening to the radio interview with Crystal and Ian Burke. Crystal stated the they never auditioned in front of LA. (I think most people know that they didn't sing 'Meeting in the ladies Room." They probably was not able to clear the original song.) Crystal went on to state that she was not in the group because she refused to sign the contract. Between all of that, Burke talked about how people were left out (JD, Rico Love, Burke himself who claims to create TLC's image) and how it should have been more like the Temptations/Jacksons miniseries. Crystal was still kinda salty about how things worked out, but she kinda accepted it and didn't hold much bitterness.

I was too young in their prime to remember. In general...No Scrubs, Waterfalls and Unpretty still get heavy rotation. Paul and Selz would be able to tell ya more. When Lefteye died there was a little bit of fuss over it as all the music channels played all sorts of tributes (except the rock ones).

I thought u were in ur late 20s lol

The blogger doesn't have much sympathy for their bad contracts and financial situation. However, even if they read the fine print, they still wouldn't be able to negotiate anything.

I just got done listening to the radio interview with Crystal and Ian Burke. Crystal stated the they never auditioned in front of LA. (I think most people know that they didn't sing 'Meeting in the ladies Room." They probably was not able to clear the original song.) Crystal went on to state that she was not in the group because she refused to sign the contract. Between all of that, Burke talked about how people were left out (JD, Rico Love, Burke himself who claims to create TLC's image) and how it should have been more like the Temptations/Jacksons miniseries. Crystal was still kinda salty about how things worked out, but she kinda accepted it and didn't hold much bitterness.

SHO DON'T LOL, That blogger is team Crystal all the way. I just finished the interview too, and WOW, 1st off I always wanted to see how Crystal looked today (.....I've seen all the old pics of her........um.....no comment), but I too have to say that 1 BIG reason I looked forward to this movie was more insight over what went down with her, and they REALLY did rush it, and make it something it wasn't, hell even Tionne gave a lil more in her book that said it was more to it than that, and again that JD played a HEAVY part in them, I honestly didn't know he was the 1 responsible for getting T to use that signature sexy lower register, but that too does make a bigger case that there was more to be shown.....I so wish it was longer

yea my response to "They don't have the legacy of The Temptations or The Jacksons", TRUE, but it's undenyable that they have a fascinating story like those groups, hell a more fascinating 1 than most of their peers (if not all of them). Being that fan who read T-Boz's book, and alot of interviews and articles, I just wanted more. But Im happy with what I got, it's a great movie.

@CayFRESH_L4L22 Oct

#PEBBLESisSOMEWHERE looking through that contract seeing if there's clause about no movies being made with her w/o getting a cut, lol

@Neww_Kid16h

#PebblesWouldntHaveStolenFrom Frankie from Set It Off.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

IM GETTIN MA LIFE FROM THEM #Pebblesissomewhere and all the #Pebbles hasht ags lol

SHO DON'T LOL, That blogger is team Crystal all the way. I just finished the interview too, and WOW, 1st off I always wanted to see how Crystal looked today (.....I've seen all the old pics of her........um.....no comment), but I too have to say that 1 BIG reason I looked forward to this movie was more insight over what went down with her, and they REALLY did rush it, and make it something it wasn't, hell even Tionne gave a lil more in her book that said it was more to it than that, and again that JD played a HEAVY part in them, I honestly didn't know he was the 1 responsible for getting T to use that signature sexy lower register, but that too does make a bigger case that there was more to be shown.....I so wish it was longer

yea my response to "They don't have the legacy of The Temptations or The Jacksons", TRUE, but it's undenyable that they have a fascinating story like those groups, hell a more fascinating 1 than most of their peers (if not all of them). Being that fan who read T-Boz's book, and alot of interviews and articles, I just wanted more. But Im happy with what I got, it's a great movie.

IM GETTIN MA LIFE FROM THEM #Pebblesissomewhere and all the #Pebbles hasht ags lol

Now that I think about it more, they could have tacked on another half hour to go more in depth with the formation. But I think that the producers wanted to focus more on their struggles at their prime so that unbalance was inevitable.

I got TLC fever now thanks to this movie

Shit I been on it since like this time last week when they did their interviews everywhere.

What I either didn't quite realize or forgot, they REALLY were the best dancing group of allll the girl groups, I REALLY forgot that, they could fucking GET DOWNNN like nobody else really, they were doin some real dancin. I love in a interview they did 10 yrs ago watching a old clip of them perform they were like "We didn't realize you didn't have to sing and dance that hard live back then, you could sing with the track" LOL , and now they sho nuff do lol.

But I've been on a kick watching their live performances and alot of those are better than the videos to me, like they were fucking performing like crazy.

Now that I think about it more, they could have tacked on another half hour to go more in depth with the formation. But I think that the producers wanted to focus more on their struggles at their prime so that unbalance was inevitable.

Right that's what I'm thinkin too that just flat out they thought the dramas later on was more important than the formation, and other details in their beginnings.

Watching this biopic had me in my feelings. A few things I didn't know:

Chili had an abortion

Left Eye was from Philly?

Pebbles was a TRUE BITCH

The group stormed Clive Davis' office.. :lmao:

Overall, this was a great biopic. Lil Mama was great as Left Eye..the acting was alright. I was singing along to all those classics. :tear: "Baby Baby Baby" brought back so many memories.. :tear:

I'm going to buy "20" when I get home tonight. :cheer: