Discipline is a flawless album

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Even the The 1, which I hated at first, has finally grown on me (but not Missy's corny verse) Rollercoaster, Rock With U, Never Letchu Go, Can't Be Good slam anything (sans the title track, Better Days) on AFY. Discipline is amazing, too bad Island DJ dropped the ball when it came to promotion.

Four words: Love...fate...hope...destiny

• Upvote 1

MariahUh_rightbitch-vi.gif?1388631614

.............Yea I'm happy with it's placement of #10 of my Janet albums. Granted I love all of her albums (thus it makes her my fave), but Disappointment cipline is very much the bottom of the barrel for me, sure it's probably my fave album of 08, but it's Janet, and her voice..kinda. But I still would easily take both 20Y.O. & Dreamstreet over it.

29ftraw.jpg

Sure if we're acting like GX, NLG, T1, and WUN aren't on the album, and Janet actually decided to sing.

Yup, if they put the real tracks on instead of the demo versions, sure!

& Missy's rap for the The 1 is all I really do use the song for, I do like the chorus.

Discipline fizzles out mid way though. It doesn't punch from start to finish. If the ballads were better, then I'd be with you. But unfortunately, GX sucks vocally, and NLG should have never been brought into any studio. T1 is pointless, and WUN is utter filler and doesn't fit the album as cute as it is. SMB and the title track save the latter half of the album. And Curtains could be better if Janet chose to sing.

• Upvote 2

Discipline fizzles out mid way though. It doesn't punch from start to finish. If the ballads were better, then I'd be with you. But unfortunately, GX sucks vocally, and NLG should have never been brought into any studio. T1 is pointless, and WUN is utter filler and doesn't fit the album as cute as it is. SMB and the title track save the latter half of the album. And Curtains could be better if Janet chose to sing.

The only song I dislike is GX, but then again some fans actually love that song. *shrugs* lol

The only song I dislike is GX, but then again some fans actually love that song. *shrugs* lol

I remember some idiots were on J|X talking about they cried to that song. I hope it was because the shit's horrible. :umm:

What I love most about the album is when Kyoko short circuits and tries to kill Janet. What a twist ^_^

Bitch what?! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

NLG is absolutely heavenly, you're crazy breh. I love the hook, Janet's vocals, and the air guitar influence torwards the end. Greatest X holds my favorite bridge from Janet of all time.

I think it's a great album too! I think most of the hate for it stems from the fact that it's Janet's least succesful project, but I think it's a solid body of work.

No, the "hate" stems from it being an album that's on life support tryna happen but juss doesn't make it outta ICU. It's lifeless. To say that album is great and/or good is a slap in the face to her past albums that were actually great.

• Upvote 1

Yea @ 1st listen I was way more underwhelmed than I've been at 1st listen for the other 9, Granted again theres tracks I absolutely love (Luv 1st listen, 2nite 1st listen, So Much Betta 1st listen, Can't Be Good 1st listen, Feedback had to grow on me, RWU had to grow on me, & Discipline had to grow on me) then theres the songs I like but arent faves, then theres Greatest Ex.

Tho I felt that way about it, I did want it to do good, and REALLLLLY hoped it would.

No, the "hate" stems from it being an album that's in life support tryna happen but juss doesn't make it outta ICU. It's lifeless. To say that album is great and/or good is a slap in the face to her past albums that were actually great.

:rolleyes:

I wasn't comparing it to her past work. I'm judging it on it's own.

I think it's a good output... minus a few tracks. lol

I can kinda get people liking it more than 20...but the vocals for DJ alone....PUHHH-LEEZE...

I only give 20 really that much over it, simply because I feel like the quality of songs and/or her vocals were better for more of 20 songs than Disappointment. But that's just how I see it.

Oh it has it's flaws. Don't get me wrong...it isn't a bad album at all. It really isn't. But that's only standalone...when you view it a a singular album - on it's own. Now when you view it as a a part of Janet Damita Jo Jackson's discography - that's when you realize exactly why it's not flawless. I say exactly the same with 20 YO.

255ond2.jpg

Oh it has it's flaws. Don't get me wrong...it isn't a bad album at all. It really isn't. But that's only standalone...when you view it a a singular album - on it's own. Now when you view it as a a part of Janet Damita Jo Jackson's discography - that's when you realize exactly why it's not flawless. I say exactly the same with 20 YO.

255ond2.jpg

Words of truth

PATTIPRAISE-vi.gif?1388657405

Put it next to nearly any other 08 album and I'll pick Discipline, based soley on the songs I love from it, however place it with the other 9 albums, it'll always come in #10 for me lol.