Who Is More Successful?

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Monica vs Kelly Rowland   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more successful with her respective SOLO career?

• Monica
    • Kelly Rowland

Kelly is more known internationally. Monica has the more iconic hit with Brandy. If you're talking just USA then I'd say Monica. 

EDIT - Kelly being international isn't saying a lot since she is still a flop in Europe :umm:. The fact that Ciara charts higher than her on the UK albums charts :umm:

Definitely Monica. Monica knew who she was as an artist and what she wanted her music to sound like since her Ms. Thang album debuted. It took Kelly Rowland a minute to settle into her sound and this r&b sex kitten image that she portrays.

Monica was real competition for Brandy, Kelly was never and will never be Beyoncé's competition. :unsure:

• Upvote 2

Um.....Monica :blink: and it ain't even close. She's had more hits and a better (overall) career. Kelly's only claim to fame as a solo act is "Motivation". Her last "tour" had cancelled dates cuz she couldn't even sell out small venues cuz she simply doesn't have much of a catalog to bring ppl out to come see her. No shade towards Kelly cuz I like her now that she has come out of her shell and finally knows who she is as an artist now. It's juss sad it took her a decade to discover it, she mighta had a chance to have had a better career than Monica.

• Upvote 2

:umm: I meant "2nd" as in "other" not literally the second vote.

what does it matter? No matter if you literally meant second or not I was still the "other" vote :umm:

Do you know who Monica is??

Yes the same girl that recently fucked up the National Anthem at the Mayweather fight :)