Unbreakable vs Conversations in a Cafe

kaeh1213

Figured I'd start a new thread about the two possible album titles. I do think it's interesting that in the GMA clip yesterday, they mentioned that the album is still untitled. And they def got that clip from Janet's camp... so the title might not be set in stone yet?

Unbreakable
Pros: It's an empowering title that reminds me of Control and (unfortunately) Discipline. Hopefully there is a song called "Unbreakable" and it's more on the powerful/inspirational side like "Control" was and not all about sex like "Discipline." Kind of getting the feeling that "No Sleeep" is about as close to the explicit, baby-making songs as we're going to get. (That's fine by me)
Cons: It doesn't feel that original to me. Maybe it's because of that Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt show? I don't know.

Conversations in a Cafe
Pros: I love how high-concept it could be... like Rhythm Nation or Velvet Rope. I'd love to see Janet get back to tackling some social issues, and her tweets earlier this year made it seem like that's the direction she could take. Even calling this era a "new movement." I love that.
Cons: Maybe the title is a little too polarizing? A little too "out there" for a big comeback moment? (But that's kind of why I think she should do it. Go against the grain!)

• Upvote 1

I wanted the album to be called CIAC and have her interludes to actually be about conversations in a café which leads into a song. That would have been brilliant, but I believe that Conversations In A Café will be an interlude title...we'll see.

Anywho, Unbreakable as an album title is okay...I really hate one name album titles because I feel like not much thought is put into them but with Janet going through everything she went through in the industry it kinda makes sense. I really hope we get some really introspective songs and not just a bunch of love songs...loving the lyrics to 'The Great Forever' so Im optimistic that she will get a little more in depth. 'The Great Forever' as a song title is also the cat's meow, Im hoping the song will be just as dope.

• Upvote 3

CIAC is so much more thought provoking, it makes the listener want to reflect on the meaning, talk etc. She could have the best of both, name the album CIAC and the tour Unbreakable, because Janet going back on the road, and not to Vegas, and selling well is proving she is Unbreakable. Let the album have it's own identity separate from the tour which should have its own identity

• Upvote 1

wasn't Unbreakable an M. Night Shyamalan movie...maybe she titled it to reveal a plot twist at the end of her album and she will say that these songs were actually written about her throwaway daughter. I mean 'No Sleep' kinda fits the mold being that when her daughter was a baby she got no sleep because it kept crying all damn night but now she is missing her something terrible. :unsure::rolleyes: OR maybe Janet really is a super-hero :o

Edited by VoodooChild

Unbreakable Conversations In A Plush Cafe 

Everyone happy? :coffee: 

#bishwhat #thedevilisaliar #shesnotintothattitle #shesnotintothattitleatall #shesneverevenbeentoaplushcafe #thisactuallyhurtmyfeeling #defamationofJanet

Edited by VoodooChild

• 1 month later...