Well Damn ..I knew The Weeknd was a lil popular but shit!

janetDAYZ

The Weeknd has been having a strong year, building his already strong fanbase into something bigger with his ventures into bright, pop-leaning territory. "I Can't Feel My Face" is currently the #1 song in the country, and that's far from his only contribution to the current charts.

The success of Abel's singles has translated to an impressive number for his album's first week sales, as he moves 325,267 copies of Beauty Behind The Madness, and 415,267 units including streams (according to Hits Daily Double). 

With those figures, he's bested just about every rap and R&B release this year outside of Drake, which is a pretty impressive accomplishment. The official Billboard numbers may differ slightly. Look out for those soon.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/the-weeknds-beauty-behind-the-madness-first-week-sales-are-in-news.17417.html

It's been at least 4-6 years of mixtapes, features, and building a solid fanbase. He's been around for a WHILE. I first heard of him through Drake's "Crew Love". He went on the road with Justin Timberlake. Then "Love Me Harder" and "Worth It" happened. He's also got a huge online following.

Edited by Kishi

It's been at least 4-6 years of mixtapes, features, and building a solid fanbase. He's been around for a WHILE. I first heard of him through Drake's "Crew Love". He went on the road with Justin Timberlake. Then "Love Me Harder" and "Worth It" happened. He's also got a huge online following.

He's worked hard tbh. I knew of him from his 2nd mixtape because he sampled Aaliyah and since then it's been nothing but love. I'm glad he's seeing success but I hope it doesn't come to the detriment of his music quality. 

Ppl are saying his album is sick. Ive like  him since the first time i heard his voice. He has a distinctive tone...that u recognized but never seen. He was almost like a mystery at the beginning. It was awhile  before he was visible

His voice is hit or miss for me, especially live and his runs. He worked my nerves with "Earned It" and "Crew Love". But I like his voice on "Can't Feel My Face" and "Love Me Harder".

what?????? U took a listen to someone who is apart of the new generation??? Shocked 

me too i'm surprised lol. I think that's how a lot of people start seeming old fast is they don't wanna listen to newer music on the radio. I allowed myself to be open to all music...well mostly all new music. Once I hear it then i'll see if I like it instead of just refusing to listen to new music period