Janet; Please don't go.

Jodienda76

Gil directed the VMA tribute? I thought it was more Tina and MJ's choreographers.

He still gets points for that though

Yea he was the creative director and was the one who came up with what songs were performed by the dancing troupe.. It was also his idea to have Janet erased from the Scream video so she could do the dance on stage alongside Mike (although I would think Janet fed that idea to Gil to expand on)..

So not to hate on Gil too much.. He's had a handful of hits in the last 12 years, but more misses imo.. Although when he has bigger budgets at his disposal he usually comes up with some pretty cool shit, so I'm sure cost restraints have hindered him a bit..

Sooooo STILL No Damn Baby video! :coffee:

so my current (and final) prediction of when the Dammn Baby video will be released is Janet's 50th bday next month!!

I swear if it's not released by midnight May 16th, then it's a wrap for any hope of anyone ever seeing the finished product... And what a shame that'd be!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

:lmao: Tina who :lmao: 

The woman who gave Janet her iconic choreography.  We haven't seen any since.   

so my current (and final) prediction of when the Dammn Baby video will be released is Janet's 50th bday next month!!

I swear if it's not released by midnight May 16th, then it's a wrap for any hope of anyone ever seeing the finished product... And what a shame that'd be!

It won't be released this year.  There is no point.  They waited too long.  Beyonce just dropped a huge video. You have Drake about to drop his video with the same movie type concept.  She cant top that right now.  They should just hold on to the footage they have and come back to it later when the coast is clear. 

• Downvote 2

For me since the beginning I've been waiting to see the plot for 5/16/16 - the major 50th. That's all so symbolic. I've thought there would be something lingering around it. Promotionally it makes great sense. It always has to me, and Im hoping its capitalized on. 

Also with the random tweet saying she misses and loves us, it seems like she wants to remain noticed to some degree. It's not above her to be ghost  

It won't be released this year.  There is no point.  They waited too long.  Beyonce just dropped a huge video. You have Drake about to drop his video with the same movie type concept.  She cant top that right now.  They should just hold on to the footage they have and come back to it later when the coast is clear. 

janet doesn't need to wait for anyone or anything. You make it sound like Beyoncé is doing Adele numbers. No one cur. Her new music and videos are crap.

• Upvote 5

plzzzzz stfu :mellow:  your priorities and the things you tend to highlight in that brain of yours is irrelevant to the point. My God. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

I don't get you at all. One minute you are complaining about Janet hiding and not doing anything....the next minute you're saying she shouldn't release anything because of other artists. I could give two shits about Drake or Beyoncé. I don't listen to any of their music. But I am here for some Janet. So bring on that damn video!!!

• Upvote 5

I don't get you at all. One minute you are complaining about Janet hiding and not doing anything....the next minute you're saying she shouldn't release anything because of other artists. I could give two shits about Drake or Beyoncé. I don't listen to any of their music. But I am here for some Janet. So bring on that damn video!!!

Shee wants Janet to compete with the young artists for some reason. Janet doesn't need to compete.. She needs to do whatever she wants. She's independent so it truly doesn't matter when she releases the video 

Janet being on top of the game is not going to happen.. Let it go and enjoy the love she brings

• Upvote 3

Shee wants Janet to compete with the young artists for some reason. Janet doesn't need to compete.. She needs to do whatever she wants. She's independent so it truly doesn't matter when she releases the video 

Janet being on top of the game is not going to happen.. Let it go and enjoy the love she brings

Exactly! Beyonce and Drake are of this generation. So of course they are going to dominant.This is their time....but in the next 10-15 years you will start to see their fans ranting about the newer artist getting all of the shine. I don't have a problem with it. Its like Diana Ross trying to compete with Janet and Whitney back in the late 80's and 90's. That shit wasn't going to happen. I'm just glad she is still going to put this video out. Because I was starting to think we weren't going to see it.

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 3