Janet; Please don't go.

Jodienda76

I don't get you at all. One minute you are complaining about Janet hiding and not doing anything....the next minute you're saying she shouldn't release anything because of other artists. I could give two shits about Drake or Beyoncé. I don't listen to any of their music. But I am here for some Janet. So bring on that damn video!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DasSad is all over the place. Finds something wrong in EVERY single case from every single angle, possible (while being inconsistent). Its almost like he/she is incrediblyyyy bored.. so to be consistantly on the opposing side gives em something to do. Its rather....um.... yeah, irritating..sad...and not a god look 

Exactly! Beyonce and Drake are of this generation. So of course they are going to dominant.This is their time....but in the next 10-15 years you will start to see their fans ranting about the newer artist getting all of the shine. I don't have a problem with it. Its like Diana Ross trying to compete with Janet and Whitney back in the late 80's and 90's. That shit wasn't going to happen. I'm just glad she is still going to put this video out. Because I was starting to think we weren't going to see it.

I figured we would eventually see it. I just didn't know when. 

It could be this week BUT what's she going to do for her 50th birthday :unsure: :asham: 

• Upvote 2

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DasSad is all over the place. Finds something wrong in EVERY single case from every single angle, possible (while being inconsistent). Its almost like he/she is incrediblyyyy bored.. so to be consistantly on the opposing side gives em something to do. Its rather....um.... yeah, irritating..sad...and not a god look 

it's she and I am speaking truth. If you want to continue to live in LA LA land thinking things are all good than go ahead.  What's not a good look is ass kissing. If you don't step up and say what's wrong nothing changes.  Nothing I have said is inconsistent. I actually called the tour cancellations before any baby or throat news happened. I have been posting the seating charts with all those blue dots for awhile.  people were still in don't worry be happy mode. Then bam here we are. 

Shee wants Janet to compete with the young artists for some reason. Janet doesn't need to compete.. She needs to do whatever she wants. She's independent so it truly doesn't matter when she releases the video 

Janet being on top of the game is not going to happen.. Let it go and enjoy the love she brings

I have never wanted her to compete with the younger artists. She tried that with JD and the music was awful. Beyoncé is not young and neither is drake. And it is the truth she should wait until the coast is clear to have the attention to herself.  No one says she is going to be on top of the game. That ended in 2004. Did she have a chance to do big things this era yes but she has a shitty team with a shirt strategy which in truth caused this whole thing to come off the rails.  If she wants to start this tour again she is not going to be able to "do what she wants" if so it will be another theatre tour. 

• Downvote 1

Yeah, I think she will release it on her Bday. That would be perfect. Damn i still can't believe Janet is 50.

Time is a lie :lol: 

I have never wanted her to compete with the younger artists. She tried that with JD and the music was awful. Beyoncé is not young and neither is drake. And it is the truth she should wait until the coast is clear to have the attention to herself.  No one says she is going to be on top of the game. That ended in 2004. Did she have a chance to do big things this era yes but she has a shitty team with a shirt strategy which in truth caused this whole thing to come off the rails.  If she wants to start this tour again she is not going to be able to "do what she wants" if so it will be another theatre tour. 

I don't think her selling her shirts at her events has anything to do with anything. 

I don't care if she tours or not but she was selling pretty well in America and that's all that matters  

:shifty: Janet be like "I only know two people name Prince and that's Prince MJ 1 & 2"

lol! Did you read the Billboard article about Prince walking around Paisley Park saying "Fu*king Janet Jackson Fu*king Janet Jackson"? He was pissed off because she had signed that $80 millon record contract. But yet people still feel she should go out her way to tweet about him. I'm sure she called up Jimmy and Terry after she heard but yeah.....Janet wasn't trying to befriend Prince.

• Upvote 1

lol! Did you read the Billboard article about Prince walking around Paisley Park saying "Fu*king Janet Jackson Fu*king Janet Jackson"? He was pissed off because she had signed that $80 millon record contract. But yet people still feel she should go out her way to tweet about him. I'm sure she called up Jimmy and Terry after she heard but yeah.....Janet wasn't trying to befriend Prince.

:lmao: Yes I did!!!!!!!! I was gonna post it but nah.

Janet petty AF for not ?

• Upvote 1

:lmao: Yes I did!!!!!!!! I was gonna post it but nah.

Janet petty AF for not ?

I was gonna post it too. But I decided it was to early. And I don't care what anyone says Prince and Mj did not like one another. The shade that they have thrown each other way is very telling. Kinda like Janet vs. Madonna. 

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 1

I was gonna post it too. But I decided it was to early. And I don't care what anyone says Prince and Mj did not like one another. The shade that they have thrown each other way is very telling. Kinda like Janet vs. Madonna. 

Yea from what I hear they each had  a bit of respect for the others talents, but in terms of personality and styles they really were water and oil

• Upvote 1

The woman who gave Janet her iconic choreography.  We haven't seen any since.   

It won't be released this year.  There is no point.  They waited too long.  Beyonce just dropped a huge video. You have Drake about to drop his video with the same movie type concept.  She cant top that right now.  They should just hold on to the footage they have and come back to it later when the coast is clear. 

What huge video did Thotyonce drop?

I just read this myself. I love it. Prince was so mad. 

Janet really killed it with those back-to-back record breaking contracts.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who says they liked each other are complete fools and lucky Prince is gone cause had I heard of him getting mad cause Janet got a record breaking contract I would've dragged him :-)

• Upvote 1

so let me get this str8 Prince was walking around Paisley Park wearing purple and pressed as hell over Janet :shifty:

lmao! Yeah can you imagine. I'll bet he wasn't the only one either.

It doesn't make sense to be mad, she was the hottest artist out at the time, selling records like pancakes Prince made :rolleyes: and she broke records, record companies went into a bidding war over her, the music and the visuals earned her that right......so he gonna prance around Paisley Park pressed as fuck cause he hadnt had a true hit since Purple Rain...bye Felicia

• Upvote 2

Anyone who says they liked each other are complete fools and lucky Prince is gone cause had I heard of him getting mad cause Janet got a record breaking contract I would've dragged him :-)

Janet ain't petty like that though. If she is who we think she is his passing saddened her.  As far as no tweet her social media team is a disaster so I can't blame that on her.  None of his female artist panned out like Janet. He ruined their careers by sleeping with them. Janet to the Minneapolis sound further than any of his women. That was his problem with her. 

• Downvote 1

If she is who we think she is his passing saddened her.  

As far as no tweet her social media team is a disaster so I can't blame that on her.  

When was the last time Janet has mentioned Prince? :umm: You know people grow up. Would you still be a fan if Janet dissed you? 

Janet controls her team. Janet is her own label. Janet Jackson is in control of her career. :sigh: Her Twitter team follows her directions or they wouldn't be paid: FACTS. I don't believe Janet sends out her own tweets. The "hey guys. I miss you. I love you"... To use your line "if she is who we think she is.."

When was the last time Janet has mentioned Prince? :umm: You know people grow up. Would you still be a fan if Janet dissed you? 

Janet controls her team. Janet is her own label. Janet Jackson is in control of her career. :sigh: Her Twitter team follows her directions or they wouldn't be paid: FACTS. I don't believe Janet sends out her own tweets. The "hey guys. I miss you. I love you"... To use your line "if she is who we think she is.."

Sheila E was.  Morris Day was.  Jimmy still was.  Terry still was.  Pink still was.  Chaka Khan still was. Meshell ndegeocello was.  They were all dissed by prince.  Pink called him rude.  Meshell called him rude. The whole Time crew made fun of him on national radio. They all still gave their condolences.  I am not around Janet so I dont know who she mentions and neither do you.   It is human nature to feel saddened about someone passing regardless. It has nothing to do with being dissed.  I have been dissed by people before but if they pass it would not bring me joy.  And yes I would still be a fan.  I still am after all this.  I would call this era a diss.  

How can she both control her twitter team and also not be the one sending tweets?  If that is how her operation works as you say that means she gives them whatever message she wants out and they tweet it so in essence she does send out her own tweets based on your logic.  Being a social media team goes beyond sending out a tweet.  It is also about coming up with creative concepts like they are doing right now with the gifs.  You probably have never been in a board meeting but that is how it works. You hire people who know a specific field they bring you ideas and you say yes or no.  The ideas that have been brought to the table so far have been brutal which is why I say her social media team is a disaster.