"THRILLER 3D" COMING SOON!!

Dal

s-l300_zpstbt0o6xy.jpg

There were several reports in the summer of 2014 that the Michael Jackson Estate, along with director John Landis, were working on a 3D conversion of the iconic music video/short film "Thriller," but there was never a specific release date/window when it would be shown to the fans/public. Many thought it would be ready for release around Halloween last year, but the announcement never came and neither did the 3D movie.

There are some solid rumblings going on throughout the fan community that the official announcement will be SOON!! The details apparently are still sketch but rumors are that they're aiming for some sort of theater/cinema release around October, and that it will include unseen footage and a possible alternate ending!!

im a thriller fan AND a 3D fan (if done correctly).. This sounds interesting, and I'm hoping it will come out on 3D Bluray so I can add it to my collection! It'll be the first official 1080p high definition MJ music video ever released, so that's a big reason to be excited imo!

I'm glad they finally did this, they should do some kind of re-release of this, Moonwalker, & Ghosts, GHOSTS NEEDS TO BE 3D TOO!!!

I own the UK bluray release of Moonwalker and the quality is immaculate!!! there's bits and pieces of a lot of his classic videos in there, all in full 1080p HD!! They all look amazing, it's like seeing them all for the first time all over again!!

I'd definitely watch it! Wonder which of his other videos they would convert into 3D if this goes well. I have plenty in mind lol

just imagine if SCREAM was one day converted!! The way that it was shot totally lends itself to a legit 3D conversion and I bet it would look incredible!

I own the UK bluray release of Moonwalker and the quality is immaculate!!! there's bits and pieces of a lot of his classic videos in there, all in full 1080p HD!! They all look amazing, it's like seeing them all for the first time all over again!!

just imagine if SCREAM was one day converted!! The way that it was shot totally lends itself to a legit 3D conversion and I bet it would look incredible!

That's awesome! I wish it were released and licensed HERE in the US but glad it exists though.  I'll have to look for it sometime.

Scream would definitely be one of the best ones! Imagine Michael and Janet popping out of the screen during the breakdown :dance::excited:.   I actually think the videos from HIStory would all be amazing.  There are many I would love to see in 3D so I wouldn't even know where to start (Besides Thriller or Ghosts)

• Upvote 2

The MJ Estate would crop Janet out

Pretty sure Janet owns the rights to Scream.. I could be wrong 

What in the world would make you even come up with a non-serious joke about Janet being cropped out of Scream?! Janet's has been fully included, front and center, in the MJ Estate co-produced Cirque Du Soleil shows (Immortal World Tour and MJ One in Vegas) during the a Scream segments.. They're awesome, look them up if you care to see what it would be like for Janet to be in a full-scale live spectical for once!

And wtf... You said Janet owns the Scream short film?!?

?  uhh that's a negative bruh..

Sony/Epic Record and MJJ Productions/MJ Estate jointly own the rights to that short film.. They've released it several times under their own licenses and nowhere has it ever stated anything about Black Doll Inc. or  Flyte Tyme Productions (other than they co-produced the song).. It usually also adds that Janet Jackson appears courtesy of Virgin Records..

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, other than your own biased hopes and dreams..

All of this lends itself to the fact that this is a 100% Michael Jackson work of art through-and-through, whether you like it or not..

The MJ Estate would crop Janet out

Pretty sure Janet owns the rights to Scream.. I could be wrong 

I dont think so, she was using Michael's image from the video and that ended ...yet she performed the song the same way on Unbreakable as UCAP ...I think the estate said you can use him, after u pay us :filenails:

I dont think so, she was using Michael's image from the video and that ended ...yet she performed the song the same way on Unbreakable as UCAP ...I think the estate said you can use him, after u pay us :filenails:

I couldn't ever see the estate blocking Janet using Scream in her show.. Legally, she's able to perform live any song by any person ever in history.. So long as she pays the songwriters royalties and doesn't release the live concert for commercial release (DVD/bluray, broadcasted, streamed, etc) without expressed permission..

however for her to use Mike's studio vocals and/or footage from the short film at all in her show does require legal permission from Sony and the MJ Estate.. In regards to that specifically, I couldn't ever see them turning her down for those permissions because (A) it's widely considered to be part her song, as well (it was released on her GH collection also), and (B) it only brings positive attention and potential revenue for Sony and the Estate and the track itself..

like I already posted about in this thread, the Estate has already used Janet's image and full first verse vocals for the live Scream segments for both Cirque Du Soliel shows and one of it's remixed soundtracks.. One of those shows, The Immortal World Tour, ultimately went on to become one of the top 10 worldwide grossing musical concert shows in HIStory!! So yea, a lot of people have heard of Janet, once again, because of Mike..