Janet and Celine

T.C

There doesn't need to be a poll lol. 

Janet canceled the Euro leg of the AFYT. Strike one. Canceled the international legs of the RWUT. Strike two. Postponed the Euro leg of the UBT, TWICE. Strike three. 

She, with "Night" and TMA sitting right there, released "The Great Forever" which did absolutely nothing in Europe. She didn't bother to promote the album anywhere. It's likely she'll do nothing to show how apologetic she is for a spotty track record with Europe, but will turn around and expect them to buy tickets if the tour resumes, which is also not likely.

You're only gonna piss ppl off so many times before they turn their backs. :lol:

Europe is done with her. No tea, no shade.

LARGE cities. London, Paris, Milan, etc. Only the big cities with metropolises. Her chances of selling out in places she hadn't been like Latvia, Lithuania, etc are a shot in the dark. 

If she wants to have some success again over there, she's gonna have to put in more work than she's clearly willing to do. 

"Europe is done with her"

"She can  do London, Paris..." ok ? u basically provided the answer i was gonna go with. I doubt anyone is thinking she will set dates in places like Helsinki again, it was crazy doing so first time round

In saying that, im talking as a European that saw this tour. If i hadnt, id be singing a different song. She cant be like "hey Europe, im touring again", thats for sure.

"Europe is done with her"

"She can  do London, Paris..." ok ? u basically provided the answer i was gonna go with. I doubt anyone is thinking she will set dates in places like Helsinki again, it was crazy doing so first time round

In saying that, im talking as a European that saw this tour. If i hadnt, id be singing a different song. She cant be like "hey Europe, im touring again", thats for sure.

And this is precisely what she'll do. :lmao: 

She CAN do anything through Christ who strengthens her. She can go to all those cities, but will they buy tickets? Probably not. They'll think she'll just cancel or postpone. Why waste the money? 

Fans and Janet believed/believe that she can sell on her name alone. That may work in the United States but not overseas, where she hasn't done an arena tour in almost 20 years and haven't had a hit there in almost as long. Even artists who are huge in Europe still promote that they're coming there. It's no surprise that the ticket sales for most dates in Europe were a complete disaster just weeks before the European tour was to begin. And I'm certain that if this tour does resume, she'll just make 10 second videos from her bed and thinks that's gonna sell tickets. Bookmark this.

• Upvote 2

Fans and Janet believed/believe that she can sell on her name alone. That may work in the United States but not overseas, where she hasn't done an arena tour in almost 20 years and haven't had a hit there in almost as long. Even artists who are huge in Europe still promote that they're coming there. It's no surprise that the ticket sales for most dates in Europe were a complete disaster just weeks before the European tour was to begin. And I'm certain that if this tour does resume, she'll just make 10 second videos from her bed and thinks that's gonna sell tickets. Bookmark this.

damn more str8 up bricking :mellow:Image result for brick through window gif

What? Its been commonly known on the board that Europe was up in the air "successwise" cus we have discussed many of times how Janet hasnt been been "present" in Europe for quite sometime and even then her team never really did market her with full force in Europe.  So Europe has always been a toss up when it came to Janet. I dont recall ANYONE on here thinking it was gonna be a str8 up slam dunk. But nonetheless she IS global. 

What? Its been commonly known on the board that Europe was up in the air "successwise" cus we have discussed many of times how Janet hasnt been been "present" in Europe for quite sometime and even then her team never really did market her with full force in Europe.  So Europe has always been a toss up when it came to Janet. I dont recall ANYONE on here thinking it was gonna be a str8 up slam dunk. But nonetheless she IS global. 

This may come as a surprise to you, but there does exist a world of Janet fans outside of Planet Janet. My comment was not made exclusively to Planet Janet. I've seen many fans, some of whom have accounts on here, say she has nothing left to prove and doesn't need to promote. That it's about the music. But what those fans and anyone else this applies to fails to realize is that yes, the music is the most important part, but it's still a business no matter which way you all try to slice it. When you are trying to sell something or get people interested in you, you have to promote, plain and simple. Janet's career has had more downs than ups the last 12 years. Someone in Janet's position cannot sell simply on her name. That's just a reality. Her brand has been affected so greatly that that privilege just isn't afforded to her anymore. She has to do what most contemporary artists do and engage. Janet playing this mystique role of doing no press and barely showing herself hasn't done her any favors whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1

This may come as a surprise to you, but there does exist a world of Janet fans outside of Planet Janet. My comment was not made exclusively to Planet Janet. I've seen many fans, some of whom have accounts on here, say she has nothing left to prove and doesn't need to promote. That it's about the music. But what those fans and anyone else this applies to fails to realize is that yes, the music is the most important part, but it's still a business no matter which way you all try to slice it. When you are trying to sell something or get people interested in you, you have to promote, plain and simple. Janet's career has had more downs than ups the last 12 years. Someone in Janet's position cannot sell simply on her name. That's just a reality. Her brand has been affected so greatly that that privilege just isn't afforded to her anymore. She has to do what most contemporary artists do and engage. Janet playing this mystique role of doing no press and barely showing herself hasn't done her any favors whatsoever. 

I like what you have to say, but I think the part that is missing is Janet is doing it for the fans only now, which will buy and show up at the shows, she doesnt need extensive promo for that. Where I will agree is if she gets booked for a crap load of dates in Europe she is setting herself up for some shit, cause I tend to think Europe loved Michael not Janet so much and she can't play 50 arenas across Europe

I like what you have to say, but I think the part that is missing is Janet is doing it for the fans only now, which will buy and show up at the shows, she doesnt need extensive promo for that. Where I will agree is if she gets booked for a crap load of dates in Europe she is setting herself up for some shit, cause I tend to think Europe loved Michael not Janet so much and she can't play 50 arenas across Europe

Relying simply on fans to show up has not been a total success for Janet. It wasn't a success in Europe and even some dates in the US were not complete sellouts. Janet needs more than just fans to support her. She's in an awkward place. Because her touring has been so inconsistent, she's not in the position of other veteran artists who can just sellout an entire arena tour based off name alone, history has proven that. She also isn't a current artist who has such a huge following that they'll go out in droves to see her. She's still an icon and a huge artist though, so she has to meet somewhere in the middle. I'm not saying she has to do all of this extensive promotion like some new artist. Just a few key spots letting the city or town know you're coming. She could've easily booked Paul O' Grady or an interview on BBC radio in Europe. That could've been accomplished in a day, and could've helped ticket sales substantially. The fact that many people didn't even know she was coming even with a new album out is troubling. And for her sake, she won't repeat that same mistake if she resumes this tour.

and there it is. Idk what that woman be thinking sometimes but like I said before. Part of her not being as big as Madonna and others worldwide is her own doing. The mysterious Janet worked for her in the 90s all the way up til All For You. Hell she should've toured right after the superbowl cause she was exposed to the world as a great performer especially those across the other side of the planet watching who may of never heard of her or have heard of her but never seen her in action. I could only imagine how much her  international fan base would've grown

and there it is. Idk what that woman be thinking sometimes but like I said before. Part of her not being as big as Madonna and others worldwide is her own doing. The mysterious Janet worked for her in the 90s all the way up til All For You. Hell she should've toured right after the superbowl cause she was exposed to the world as a great performer especially those across the other side of the planet watching who may of never heard of her or have heard of her but never seen her in action. I could only imagine how much her  international fan base would've grown

Um. Joe.. Janet is known across the globe. The "who may never heard of her" comment is weird. She is a JACKSON! Nuff said.

And did you forget that Janet was indeed putting a tour together after the Superbowl for the Damita Jo album? She had everything in place. Band, background singers, dancers.. the whole nine but rehearsals abruptly came to a halt because  (the word on the street) was that she couldnt get no sponsors to take care of the tour. Remember, Janet was on everyones shit list and no one wanted to be affiliated with her after the SB. So Janet had no choice but to scratch the Damita Jo tour altogether. That was out of her hands. I remember reading where she broke the news to the dancers they all started crying because they were disappointed and so was she. Gil had went on a rant basically saying how "the suits" turned their backs on Janet. He was saying she's a legend and how could they not wanna do business with her and blah blah blah. Gil made it sound as if sponsors didnt want to take a gamble on Janet cus they felt the tour would fail because of all the backlash following the sb. Which makes sense cus that was during the HEIGHT of Janet being public enemy #1. There was ALOT of pissed off ppl, at least in america anyway. So it probably woulda been a hard sell. We will never know which way it woulda went. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

Which is all the more reason why she should've focused on the international audience rather than trying to make amends with the US audience. She could've gotten international sponsors, scaled down the tour, and only did overseas dates. Her popularity janet. to DJ abroad was secure enough that she wouldn't have had any problems selling shows. 20YO should have never happened. Same with Disc. 

• Upvote 5

Which is all the more reason why she should've focused on the international audience rather than trying to make amends with the US audience. She could've gotten international sponsors, scaled down the tour, and only did overseas dates. Her popularity janet. to DJ abroad was secure enough that she wouldn't have had any problems selling shows. 20YO should have never happened. Same with Disc. 

Yup! The international fans appreciate our American artists more than Americans. They know they don't have access to Janet like we have access to her all the time being she lives here. They only get to see her every once in a while. Janet is a smart woman but there's some instances where she makes some of us be like "Um ok"

Yup! The international fans appreciate our American artists more than Americans. They know they don't have access to Janet like we have access to her all the time being she lives here. They only get to see her every once in a while. Janet is a smart woman but there's some instances where she makes some of us be like "Um ok"

Yeah like releasing all of your singles to UAC, then submitting them for Pop Grammys. :wacko:

• Upvote 4

False. Europe LOVED Janet back in the day, however she was dumb enough not to continue her love for Europe since 1998, thus she's been greatly affected. 

False. Europe LOVED Janet back in the day, however she was dumb enough not to continue her love for Europe since 1998, thus she's been greatly affected. 

Exactly!! I was getting ready to say I do remember TVR tour being very successful in Europe..and like you said she kinda lost the momentum of that fanbase becus she didnt keep the fire lit afterwards. But TVR era connected well with Europe for some reason. I would boldly say Europe embraced Janet during that era more than any of her other eras. 

Edited by janetDAYZ

Exactly!! I was getting ready to say I do remember TVR tour being very successful in Europe..and like you said she kinda lost the momentum of that fanbase becus she didnt keep the fire lit afterwards. But TVR era connected well with Europe for some reason. I would boldly say Europe embraced Janet during that era more than any of her other eras. 

Stastistically you're not wrong. TVR is her best seller in mainland Europe, most likely thanks to the pop-cliche Together Again, which that continent swallowed up. 

Edited by T.C
  • Upvote 1

It ANNOYS me when kids today are like "Janet is local" because I know damn well she wasn't. Europe loved her and despite her not having a #1 single in the UK, she had A LOT of airplay and she a sold great amount too. I seriously hope she'll come to Europe first on her next tour. It's the least she can do, surely. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

It ANNOYS me when kids today are like "Janet is local" because I know damn well she wasn't. Europe loved her and despite her not having a #1 single in the UK, she had A LOT of airplay and she a sold great amount too. I seriously hope she'll come to Europe first on her next tour. It's the least she can do, surely. 

Well it's not their fault. Janet is partly to blame. She doesn't show them love overseas. Only time she goes over there is to shop or vacation instead of promote her career and remind them of the Legend she is which is damn sad.

• Upvote 2

Definitely true. Especially since they've been somewhat neglected during the YouTube/Spotify boom and even during her prime. However, if they know Janet well enough to deem her "local" then they should know that she was Never local to begin with. Ignorance should not be worn as crown. She's had high charting singles and #1s in Europe since 1986 and her singles performed much better worldwide than people may think they did. Janet even had 3 Eurochart #1s (which covers 16 countries). As far as her no UK #1s go, that is unfortunate since TTWLG  was blocked by an EP which is totally unfair.  Janet shares a record for most top 10s W/O hitting number 1 with either Bruce Springsteen or Bon Jovi (forgot which one). She also has as many Top 10s as Whitney Houston over there and I think Janet has more Top 40 hits than Houston too. I bet they wouldn't say anything about the others being "local" about that. All and all, yes I wish Janet promoted herself better in the continent but she has had PLENTY of success over there and has plenty of fans in the UK and the Rest of Europe regardless of the numbers and stats.   

Edited by BlackCat77
  • Upvote 1

Oh I'm certain Beyoncé doesn't care what you bitter souls think about her thriving, successful career. Don't give yourself too much. I have just as much of a right to respond to your nonsense opinions, as you do to make them. And I'm not going anywhere. I get exactly what I need from this forum, the biggest being the satisfaction of knowing that unlike many of you, I'm secure with Janet's position. 

lmao gather them

To be fair she got "knocked up" during her "4lop" era and her tour plans were derailed. But she performed a 4 night residency and did Glastonbury whilst pregnant. In Janet's defence, she is older and her body more sensitive to pregnancy so she may not have been able to cope with the demands of her intricate choreography whilst with baby so dropping the tour for the baby was the right thing to do. I just hope next time if she picks up this tour or does a new one, she starts in Europe.

Lmao and that wasn't even a flop the gerls wanted it to be

Luvs it!

• Upvote 2